PDA

View Full Version : Patch: Saturday, September 22nd, 2012

Rogean
09-22-2012, 10:45 AM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V25 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv25.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Content Item Regen Fix (Fungi Tunics), Round 3.

seanidor
09-22-2012, 10:46 AM
third times a charm!

mitic
09-22-2012, 10:52 AM
. Yellow Text is activated
. Hybrid Exp penalty has been taken out
. +25 exp bonus has been ninjaed in on Red99

Bigcountry23
09-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Was the 25% exp bonus mentioned in the original patch ever get applied on blue (last time I asked, you indicated it was only on Red).

Lostprophets
09-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Was the 25% exp bonus mentioned in the original patch ever get applied on blue (last time I asked, you indicated it was only on Red).

I remember there was like a 250% bonus for like 5 minutes, then doesn't seem like theres even a 25% one now.

I think blue should have the same exp bonuses red has. :trollface:

Rogean
09-22-2012, 10:59 AM
(last time I asked, you indicated it was only on Red).

I never said that.

cometome1
09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you for taking the time on a Saturday morning to make my life beautiful fixing the fungi tunic.

orsk
09-22-2012, 11:11 AM
I never said that.

him didnt.

Aariez
09-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I never said that.I think what the poster was referring to was a misunderstanding (I too thought the implication was no xp bonus on blue). In any event, I think it was from the following:

It's only active on red >_>.

Dullah
09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Thx Rogean. Will be nice to have fungi working on red.

Kexon
09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
wow you guys will argue with a stop sign...

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
what ever happened to "15 minute downtime?"

Bigcountry23
09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something (or this was in reply to something else) but I had posted about exp bonus not being in:
Getting less exp from mobs (it appears about 1/2) than before the patch. Not sure if you are still tweaking with the exp bonus, but it appears to be set in the wrong direction (on blue).

In Lower Guk if ZEM is a factor.

Malevz replied that it was also broken on Red
it's broken on red too, you're not alone

And your reply was:

Would be very happy to hear that the exp bonus was on blue and that it's our imagination that exp does not seem bonused. :)

Rogean
09-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Global /ooc isn't working.

it's broken on red too, you're not alone

Rogean
what ever happened to "15 minute downtime?"

What's your account name so I can compensate you for the extended downtime.

mitic
its certainly not active on red, since last patch, where it should have been raised

Bigcountry23
09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
So, 25% exp bonus is confirmed working as intended?

Rogean
09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Mitic give it a rest, you're not getting even more XP Bonus. Stop spamming the forums asking about it.

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
lol my account name? thats irrelevant. i didn't say anything wrong.. All I said was so much for 15 minute downtime...

mitic
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Mitic give it a rest, you're not getting even more XP Bonus. Stop spamming the forums asking about it.

rogean u should rly check with your own toons in game. u coded it with 1.75 but it feels like 1.00. not even 1.50 as it was before with kunark bonus on red

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM

rofl

Itap
09-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Fucking owned lol

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:27 AM
some people are in this thread are "pending para un bending"

Rogean
09-22-2012, 11:27 AM
rogean u should rly check with your own toons in game. u coded it with 1.75 but it feels like 1.00. not even 1.50 as it was before with kunark bonus on red

Have you considered that it might have been incorrectly more than 1.75 before the patch? I don't care what it was before. Right now it's 75% more than blue, and it's not changing. It's fucking plenty. Shut up.

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:28 AM
rogean you are extremely rude.. why do you talk to people the way you do? are you TRYING to make people quit your emulator?

Itap
09-22-2012, 11:30 AM
rogean you are extremely rude.. why do you talk to people the way you do? are you TRYING to make people quit your emulator?

I think it's due to your complaining of the amount of downtime is required to patch. Most likely. :rolleyes:

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
its threads like these that fully explain rogeans avatar

eastcommonstrader
i understand, but its kind of sad it takes 3 tries to fix one simple item

Truheart
i think, perhaps, that no matter how hard the developers/administrators work to make this server awesome (which it is), folks whine and bitch and moan, always every single time...

the clouds could part, and jesus could float down and hand those folks a 5 dollar bill, and they would complain it wasn't a ten...

Vandy
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Probably tired of all the whining nonstop on a free server. I know I would be.

wpwalker1
Maybe because people cry instead of just saying thank you?

DinoTriz

I'm a newb to all of this, but it seems like he's working on this for free, on a saturday morning for us. And people have the nerve to argue with him? Wow. I'd understand if he got pissed every now and then. Rogean, you're doing fine by me. Internet high-five from me to you, brother.

Bigcountry23
09-22-2012, 11:33 AM
i understand, but its kind of sad it takes 3 tries to fix one simple item

You should totally ask for a refund, and that the team being paid to apply these patches be docked in pay...

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:33 AM
well shit, then monetize...and im not talking about google adsense, because that gets your nowhere fast.. maybe charge everyone $1/mo to play and even THEN it would make it worth all the hassle of keeping the servers up. There's infinite possibilities....

Vicawin
09-22-2012, 11:34 AM
People are just plain stupid. Welcome to humanity ^______^

Truheart
09-22-2012, 11:34 AM
or just don't whine...

Bigcountry23
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
well shit, then monetize...and im not talking about google adsense, because that gets your nowhere fast.. maybe charge everyone $1/mo to play and even THEN it would make it worth all the hassle of keeping the servers up. There's infinite possibilities....

You can't charge for emulated servers. That would get the server shut down. There is precedence.

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
@ DinoTriz don't inflate Rogean's ego. It's already big enough.

Aelzrith
09-22-2012, 11:36 AM

You obviously have no idea how the whole EMU scene works. If P99 charged any amount to play, sony would set the servers on fire (not to mention send the great team that keeps the server alive to jail, and you wouldnt be able to farm pixels anymore)

Stop fucking complaining and give some thanks.

Thank you Rogean and Co.

Truheart
more whining

DinoTriz
People are just plain stupid. Welcome to humanity ^______^

That's why I avoid them and play EQ! :D

Varren
chill w the personal attacks already

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
You can't charge for emulated servers. That would get the server shut down. There is precedence.

where there's a will there's a way... and all i am saying is if he wanted to just be a dick to everyone because he put in a lot of time to make a free server, then maybe he should not have done it at all.. There's ZERO excuse to be rude to the people who support your project as well as those who have donated towards it like myself!

Truheart
09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
whining

Varren
09-22-2012, 11:39 AM
where there's a will there's a way... and all i am saying is if he wanted to just be a dick to everyone because he put in a lot of time to make a free server, then maybe he should not have done it at all.. There's ZERO excuse to be rude to the people who support your project as well as those who have donated towards it like myself!

relax, man. just chill. it was down for more than 15 minutes.... who cares? stop taunting rogean.

Itap
09-22-2012, 11:39 AM

stop whining or gtfo

Volibear
09-22-2012, 11:40 AM
What determines if there is going to be a repop?

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:41 AM
not whining i appreciate what he does, but i don't appreciate the threats of doing something to my account when all I did was say one little thing about extended downtime...And even if Rogean WAS in the wrong for saying that to me, (which he is), no one would say anything.

Aelzrith
09-22-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm not complaining, I'm just curious as to what is causing the downtime to be longer than expected. I'm a tech nerd like that...

Rogean?

DinoTriz

Look, just be patient with them. What you think takes 5 minutes to fix, is probably a lot more complicated in reality. The more you complain, the less they're gonna want to fix it. I'm not trying to boost his ego, I can just relate to it because I get that all the time at work from customers and it is so annoying. I know you're frustrated. We all want to play too but just chillax and smoke some of those drugs you kids do.

Vicawin
If I was Rogean I would probably be insta-banning people who make one rude comment at this point. He does this as a free service with his own free time. I don't know what goes on in peoples heads.

Rogean
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm not complaining, I'm just curious as to what is causing the downtime to be longer than expected. I'm a tech nerd like that...

Rogean?

Had to re-set up the mysql replication

eastcommonstrader
09-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Look, just be patient with them. What you think takes 5 minutes to fix, is probably a lot more complicated in reality. The more you complain, the less they're gonna want to fix it. I'm not trying to boost his ego, I can just relate to it because I get that all the time at work from customers and it is so annoying. I know you're frustrated. We all want to play too but just chillax and smoke some of those drugs you kids do.

LOL, you're right. I'll sip my beer and just wait until it's back up and carry on with my day

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM

SS of paypal receipt or it didnt happen

DinoTriz
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
LOL, you're right. I'll sip my beer and just wait until it's back up and carry on with my day

Hell yeah, man. I might join ya. I have some beers in the fridge. It's only 11am here but what the hell. I'm an adult! (sort of)

Likeahoss
09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
You won't catch me complaining. I'm new to P99, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Having this offered to players free, and even a good experience in-game with other players. Thanks team :)

Aelzrith
09-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Had to re-set up the mysql replication

Keep dat data backed up, yo.

Gotta back that NAS up

Truheart
09-22-2012, 11:49 AM
=)

Kexon
09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
. We all want to play too but just chillax and smoke some of those drugs you kids do.

there's people on this server who are smoking drugs ????? :eek:

godbox
09-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up.

better listen or he will evac u somewhere weird and leave u there

DinoTriz
09-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Keep dat data backed up, yo.

Gotta back that NAS up

MYSQL Administrator, dawg! Gotta fix those database tables, son! (I have no idea what I'm talking about...)

Growlers
09-22-2012, 12:08 PM
not whining i appreciate what he does, but i don't appreciate the threats of doing something to my account when all I did was say one little thing about extended downtime...And even if Rogean WAS in the wrong for saying that to me, (which he is), no one would say anything.

Do you always walk around with this sense of entitlement? I feel bad for you man, it must be tough having nobody like you.

Torros
09-22-2012, 12:11 PM

lmao @ you thinking anyone cares about your insipid suggestions.

How bad does it suck to be at a point in your life where p99 is your only source of joy?

I am literally lolling @ the fact that you go through the effort to log into message boards and start arguments over the fact that you are shaking and crying because you can't play a game when you want to. You poor little thing... your game was taken away. Lol - if you are older than 8, you should be ashamed.

Infested
09-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Do you always walk around with this sense of entitlement? I feel bad for you man, it must be tough having nobody like you.

Kinda like a sense of power when you do stuff for people and feel like you can treat them however you want and feel like you should never get criticism.

Dalron
09-22-2012, 02:58 PM
My pet info box is back :( Was that supposed to happen? It was gone when the compass was gone for me, but after this patch it's back.

Dalron

TheLieka
09-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Kinda like a sense of power when you do stuff for people and feel like you can treat them however you want and feel like you should never get criticism.

Fuck you both. You are not entitled to shit. You have no clue what you're talking about. The staff (people with actual marketable skill-sets) on this server offer their time and services (both of which are in demand elsewhere) to a project that they enjoy, and you have the nerve to bitch at them about anything? I typically don't take the troll bait, but who the fuck do you think you are?

Let's start here:
You do not have the right to bitch about the service or the staff or anything related to the project. You deserve nothing. That is the truth. Period.
This project is here and is staffed by skilled people that have chosen to do so without any financial compensation.

The staff provides something to the project.
The staff receives nothing from the project.
The staff asks for nothing from the project.
You provide nothing to the project.
You receive something from the project.
You ask for something from the project.

So, in summary:
You have earned nothing. You deserve nothing. You receive something.

There is no entitlement. You have no right to bitch about anything that happens here, no right at all.

If you do not like the idea of being at the staff's mercy, and feel that you DO deserve more than you are receiving, then you have options. In fact, if you find yourself feeling the slightest annoyance directed toward them, then I strongly suggest that you go forth and start your own fucking project. After you've done so, please report back here and let us know how many times some clueless dipshit criticized you or your work before you changed your mind about the whole endeavor. This staff has not done so yet, as you still have a place to complain about them.

So, what can you do to repay the staff for their free service to the project to which you provide nothing? Why, thank you for asking, because your part of this is fairly easy.

You should report issues when you encounter them (without a shitty attitude),
and thank the staff for their time and services.

Hell, if you are able and have the means, then you can even donate to the project, but under no circumstances is it ever acceptable for you to complain or bitch about the level of service that is being provided to you. Remember - you provide nothing, and you deserve nothing, so you have no rights to complain about the something that you receive.

TL;DR - Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're out of your element. Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

<3,
Dax

Purdee
09-22-2012, 04:10 PM
thanks for the fix

Itap
09-22-2012, 04:14 PM

How cute, you created a forum account to post something completely useless. Thanks for the contribution and all you do here

formallydickman
09-22-2012, 04:39 PM
thanks for the fix

Snips
09-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the Fix!

Pringles
09-22-2012, 11:21 PM
There's ZERO excuse to be rude to the people who support your project as well as those who have donated towards it like myself!

I've only ever seen him be rude to people who were rude towards him or others in the project first. You know damn well you had it coming, now please take your whiny, entitled ass someplace else. You are not welcome here. "You people" are what is going to put an end to this server. Now FOAD.

Classic example of why "the customer is always right" is wrong.

Safon
09-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Fuck you both. You are not entitled to shit. You have no clue what you're talking about. The staff (people with actual marketable skill-sets) on this server offer their time and services (both of which are in demand elsewhere) to a project that they enjoy, and you have the nerve to bitch at them about anything? I typically don't take the troll bait, but who the fuck do you think you are?

Let's start here:
You do not have the right to bitch about the service or the staff or anything related to the project. You deserve nothing. That is the truth. Period.
This project is here and is staffed by skilled people that have chosen to do so without any financial compensation.

You provide nothing to the project.
You receive something from the project.
You ask for something from the project.

So, in summary:
You have earned nothing. You deserve nothing. You receive something.

There is no entitlement. You have no right to bitch about anything that happens here, no right at all.

If you do not like the idea of being at the staff's mercy, and feel that you DO deserve more than you are receiving, then you have options. In fact, if you find yourself feeling the slightest annoyance directed toward them, then I strongly suggest that you go forth and start your own fucking project. After you've done so, please report back here and let us know how many times some clueless dipshit criticized you or your work before you changed your mind about the whole endeavor. This staff has not done so yet, as you still have a place to complain about them.

So, what can you do to repay the staff for their free service to the project to which you provide nothing? Why, thank you for asking, because your part of this is fairly easy.

You should report issues when you encounter them (without a shitty attitude),
and thank the staff for their time and services.

Hell, if you are able and have the means, then you can even donate to the project, but under no circumstances is it ever acceptable for you to complain or bitch about the level of service that is being provided to you. Remember - you provide nothing, and you deserve nothing, so you have no rights to complain about the something that you receive.

TL;DR - Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're out of your element. Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

<3,
Dax

This post needs to be fucking stickied in general chat. Seriously

I miss Uth, he had no qualms about banning self entitled fuckwits when they complained and criticized server staff

Crazyeyes
09-23-2012, 12:57 AM
+1 safon and the person who posted that originally

quido
09-23-2012, 01:25 AM
http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/clintonfukcap.jpg

quido
09-23-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.msu.edu/~oconne53/slickclinton.jpg

Aata
09-23-2012, 09:18 AM
So happy Fungi is working again, thanks devs!

Protagonist
09-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Never liked the staff here. No problem saying it either. Most of them are just assholes. I have accepted it, because I am having a blast playing something they created that I will never appreciate.

Safon
09-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Never liked the staff here. No problem saying it either. Most of them are just assholes. I have accepted it, because I am having a blast playing something they created that I will never appreciate.

Anyone know this guy's account name, or characters?

Hagglebaron
09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Anyone know this guy's account name, or characters?

Unknown, anonymity prevails once again

Danth
09-23-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't care about the petty bickering, but I do have a minor question related to this recent patch: Was the pet window re-enabled on purpose? Will it stay enabled? I ask only because I'd like to know whether I should re-arrange my pet class character UI's again.

Danth

Hagglebaron
09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't care about the petty bickering, but I do have a minor question related to this recent patch: Was the pet window re-enabled on purpose? Will it stay enabled? I ask only because I'd like to know whether I should re-arrange my pet class character UI's again.

Danth

Must be windy up there on your soap box sir!

kanras
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
It was re-enabled because my four byte removal of it had unintended consequences that I hadn't run into. It will fall way down on the list now that it's no longer an easy fix.

Danth
09-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

Danth

mitic
09-24-2012, 04:47 AM

wrong, eashan knows different. and that's just one of many.

daxum your arguments are good but flawed to some degree

Rogean
09-24-2012, 05:26 AM
wrong, eashan knows different. and that's just one of many.

daxum your arguments are good but flawed to some degree

Stop pretending like you know anything, because you don't. It's mildly annoying.

mitic
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
xfering the server to a data center after those ddos attacks multiplied the pop tenfold from that day on.

props to you and nilbog for having build the server

Slave
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow this was a very fast fix for fungis. Kudos, snaps, and props. Ignore the wonderfucks as usual.

parlay1
09-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Since the patch I get disconnected after the character select screen, anyone else having this issue?

Aata
09-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Since the patch I get disconnected after the character select screen, anyone else having this issue?

Yes, not had this before, especially last few days not sure it's patch related though.

Quaychang
10-14-2012, 01:29 AM
hello? so nobody knows how to fix this issue at all? i really need help guys

Ambrotos
10-14-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm moving your post to the tech section.

tskzes
12-27-2012, 01:29 PM
hey guys, sorry this is a noob question, but if I were to apply the patch manually would I have to apply every patch manually in order for the game to work? Is there some easy way to manually install up to the current patch?

I am having issues with the eqemu launcher and my version of windows, when I bypass the launcher I am able to get to the character log in screen but it says I need to install latest patches.

Thanks for any help

falkun
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
From a default Titanium install, just copy/paste the latest patch files into the titanium directory and you'll be good to go. Not necessary to install all patches, only the latest.

sleepr66
06-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Is this the lately patch? Going crazy trying to find any mention of the latest patch anywhere on this forum...And where can I find this patch, as the "v25" link is broken.