PDA

View Full Version : So Unrest on this server?

Cronoclops
05-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Two groups claim every named and every mob in the house other then the general? Is that how its supposed to work here?

YendorLootmonkey
05-28-2010, 05:31 AM
There are other dungeons. Try Runnyeye =)

Cronoclops
05-28-2010, 05:47 AM
There are other dungeons. Try Runnyeye =) Yeah I plan on it but I was just wondering if that is normal for this server.

Leokaiser
05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
The rules aren't 100% clear to me, but it is my understanding that you can only claim the mobs that spawn at your camp - where your party is physically located.

If a group is camping in the tower with the Knight and no one else is about, they are free to go about pulling whatever they like. If another group shows up, that group can set up camp wherever it likes as long whatever they are pulling doesn't spawn where the first group is located. If the first group wants to 'claim' more than what is found at their camp, they would have to split the party up, and each subgroup would have to be capable of killing what they are camping without assistance from the other subgroup(s). If the whole group left the tower to smack something else and the second group comes in while they are gone, the second group can now claim that camp.

Someone with more time on the server can correct me if this is inaccurate. The best rule though, as in all things, is to share and be fair, and not to be a dick about it.

Vonblund
05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
The rules aren't 100% clear to me, but it is my understanding that you can only claim the mobs that spawn at your camp - where your party is physically located.

If a group is camping in the tower with the Knight and no one else is about, they are free to go about pulling whatever they like. If another group shows up, that group can set up camp wherever it likes as long whatever they are pulling doesn't spawn where the first group is located. If the first group wants to 'claim' more than what is found at their camp, they would have to split the party up, and each subgroup would have to be capable of killing what they are camping without assistance from the other subgroup(s). If the whole group left the tower to smack something else and the second group comes in while they are gone, the second group can now claim that camp.

Someone with more time on the server can correct me if this is inaccurate. The best rule though, as in all things, is to share and be fair, and not to be a dick about it.

Sounds fair to me

Bumamgar
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
This is a correct interpretation of the rules of the server as enforced by the GMs.

Sadly, actual player behavior in-game can differ from this somewhat when no GM is about to enforce it.

PearlJammzz
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
In Unrest there is usually an upstairs group, a 1st floor group, a basement group, and then a few wall groups out in the yard. That's pretty much how it's always been.

guineapig
05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
There are at 4 other dungeons that work for the same level range as Unrest.

Don't follow all the sheep.

lumin
05-28-2010, 12:16 PM
And people complain that the population on p99 is not high enough. Which is it guys?

YendorLootmonkey
05-28-2010, 12:56 PM
P1999 is full of minmaxers who, knowing what's what this time around, want to try to maximize their XP/loot with mininum effort/risk. Which means after like level 6, the population is unevenly distributed across all the zones, with the heaviest concentrations in Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis, Sol A/B, and UGuk/LGuk, probably until individual spawns are camped. Hell, even in Crushbone last night, you have high levels that should have graduated and moved onto other zones coming back to pull half the zone to twinks/alts to powerlevel them (legitimate groups be damned!) because of the ZEM there.

Moving the heavy concentration of people out of these zones begins with us. No one is going to move out there individually with an unpopulated zone. Start suggesting these other places to the groups your join up with when you start getting about one pull every 3 minutes. God knows there's enough druids in the game, have the one or two that are probably in your group port you over to the Karanas and take advantage of all the spawns you can pull in Runnyeye. Or wherever. It's gotta be better than the ZEM from Unrest restricted to camping the same 3 spawns every 18 minutes or whatever because it's camped all to hell.

lumin
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
P1999 is full of minmaxers who, knowing what's what this time around, want to try to maximize their XP/loot with mininum effort/risk. Which means after like level 6, the population is unevenly distributed across all the zones, with the heaviest concentrations in Crushbone, Unrest, Oasis, Sol A/B, and UGuk/LGuk, probably until individual spawns are camped. Hell, even in Crushbone last night, you have high levels that should have graduated and moved onto other zones coming back to pull half the zone to twinks/alts to powerlevel them (legitimate groups be damned!) because of the ZEM there.

Moving the heavy concentration of people out of these zones begins with us. No one is going to move out there individually with an unpopulated zone. Start suggesting these other places to the groups your join up with when you start getting about one pull every 3 minutes. God knows there's enough druids in the game, have the one or two that are probably in your group port you over to the Karanas and take advantage of all the spawns you can pull in Runnyeye. Or wherever. It's gotta be better than the ZEM from Unrest restricted to camping the same 3 spawns every 18 minutes or whatever because it's camped all to hell.

Hey, don't tell everyone that. I was in Befallen last night and I had the whole place to myself. There wasn't another living soul around - literally :)

Phil
05-29-2010, 07:31 AM
As a dwarf rogue I can attest that Unrest was unquestionably the best exp for me from level 15-25.

Making the trip anywhere else would be worth the effort only if I knew I could get a group right away. If not? It would be better to wait around unrest until a spot opened up. Even though there were a few cases (mainly when you're in the high teens trying to camp the first floor) where mob spawns seemed to be a serious issue, it just wasn't worth making a trip to try and exp anywhere else.

Some classes / untwinks don't have the luxury of wandering over to some zone and maybe soloing dark blues for a while until they find a group. That's why on a low pop server people flock to certain zones.

The only zones I've felt right actively "searching" for a group in are Crushbone, Unrest, mistmoore, Uguk, and Lguk. Traveling anywhere else hoping to get a group is a huge waste of time. Runnyeye is completely out of the question

YendorLootmonkey
05-29-2010, 11:56 AM
The only zones I've felt right actively "searching" for a group in are Crushbone, Unrest, mistmoore, Uguk, and Lguk. Traveling anywhere else hoping to get a group is a huge waste of time. Runnyeye is completely out of the question

Only because everyone continues to think this way, so the overcrowding of a few select zones continues and everyone misses out on much more efficient XP.

Dantes
05-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah you can always go to those other zones and start your own group. Bored people who are fed up with crowds will come join you.

Gorgetrapper
05-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Only because everyone continues to think this way, so the overcrowding of a few select zones continues and everyone misses out on much more efficient XP.

I'd rather sit and wait for a group in unrest than go somewhere like Oasis where there is no ZEM.

kai4785
05-30-2010, 03:15 PM
This was the same problem on Live back in '99. I remember very clearly that Runnyeye was always empty, besides a few groups of level 8-12 halflings killing some of the goblins right at the top. Unrest was always over populated as well. I think the problem is all about travel time. It takes time to find a group no matter what zone you're in. And that time isn't much different if you're trying to put together a group for another zone. But the time it takes to get your entire group to the new zone can be very long. I typically only have around 30-90 minutes each time I sit down to play. Traveling and/or waiting for other group members to travel for 30 minutes is too much. I'd rather pick off a few light blues while I sit in the same zone and wait for a group.

Since this is classic, we can't ask for #zone, but that would be the only thing that would resolve this problem. It's here to stay, because you're playing on a "Classic" server, and this was a "feature" the original game designers built into the game. I don't think they intended it as torture, but I think that's what it turned into :)

P.S. What's ZEM stand for? It's new to me.

Kennebec
05-30-2010, 03:23 PM
P.S. What's ZEM stand for? It's new to me.

Zone Experience Modifier. Some dungeons have XP bonus.

Soft
05-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Two groups claim every named and every mob in the house other then the general? Is that how its supposed to work here?

re-read definitions of camps posted on the forums, and camp the named spawns you want /thread