PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Ability levels in pvp

Dullah
09-24-2012, 02:38 AM
In pvp, melee skill levels don't come into play. Some weapons like Ashenbone axe can be used proficiently by a bard or rogue in pvp because theres no check against skill levels (they have no 2hs skill).

Another glaring example would be slam which has a very high rate of success in pvp. Many classes also have certain melee or weapon skills that cap low yet still have a much higher chance of landing hits than they should. Though their low ability may lessen damage, it doesn't seem to have any calculation in place to properly determine the chance to miss.

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Slam for someone who has bash trained up appropriate to level? Sure.

Slam for a barb rog, shaman etc? Should be miss city.

Dullah
09-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Ya its not. :(

Slam shouldn't even affect bash afaik, but either way you can bank on it in pvp. Just like you can bank on actually doing good damage with a weapon you have 0 weapon skill in. In any fight against someone with slam, you spend half the fight spinning in circles if they are competent enough to remember to use it.

Nirgon
09-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Slam is depended upon by the bash skill as its weapon skill.

For classes that can train bash, their slam damage and rates to hit should go up.

For classes that can't they should be stuck with the ability of say a lvl 1 warrior trying to bash (and only for like 1 damage max).

Slam should also require magical shoulder pads when their is no shield equipped to determine if it can damage magic only targets.

Test it out and post results, this is how it should work.

And yes having 0 1hb skill for instance (or here, slam) should also make you miss tons in pvp and pve. Backstab and monk attacks would need a look as well.

Dullah
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Slam is essentially bashing without a shield, but I don't know where you get that its connected directly to the bash skill. It should be a 1 pt ability that doesn't increase in skill. Being able to slam as proficiently as bash without a shield would have made bash useless and any tank class with slam+bash far superior to those without for this ability alone.

Critical
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Again, you obviously do not know anything about classic Destin...

Bash is related to Slam because your Bash skill raised increased your ability in Slam. This is always how it was in classic, for warriors, and any other class that had Bash along with Slam.

I played a Warrior on live Rallos Zek. I would know.

Critical
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
You are very correct on the aspect that for example a Barbarian Rogue with no Bash and a Slam ability, should have a very low chance of succesfully slamming an opponent in combat.

NPC or PC the slam ability was not as reliable as it was for a class that had Bash skill raised.

Dullah
10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Again, you obviously do not know anything about classic Destin...

Everyone saw how little you knew in the pvp fear/charm thread, please spare us your great wisdom.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=38223#412209

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=2411#wrap

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=75#m11208549196083

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=55701#667119

This thread was specifically referring to the effectiveness of slam with those who have no skill (1 pt) or skill affecting slam (bash).

Here at level 60, anyone with slam can land it all the time including classes without bash. Thx, and kindly stop shitting up the bug report section.

heartbrand
10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
No one can take you or your threads seriously when you fight desperately to keep all dragons in game for more loot when it is a current error confirmed by Rogean, it makes you look self serving and your posts become lolworthy.

Dullah
10-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Says the guy whose guild couldn't kill them now if they wanted to, and wants to keep naggy and vox the way they are even though they should be banishing.

Pot, kettle, black.

heartbrand
10-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Destin I think we've all alrdy realized u only fight to make yourself better, not server health. Give it a rest. Devs need to focus on server not ender or destin depending on ur mood

Dullah
10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
resident tryhard and deadbeat dad trollin legit bug fix suggestion all up in here.

Destin I think we've all alrdy realized u only fight to make yourself better, not server health. Give it a rest. Devs need to focus on server not ender or destin depending on ur mood

even if this was true (and its not), it would still take a way back 2nd place to fighting to get vermiculated armor over the health of ones children. Talk about real issues needing to be focused on.

heartbrand
10-03-2012, 10:49 AM
When you bring real life into things it shows how mad you are

Dullah
10-03-2012, 10:54 AM
when you have an i win button, its stupid not to press it.

heartbrand
10-03-2012, 11:07 AM
It's clear you don't have children in real life, because someone who did would never think to bring someone elses kids into the picture, especially over an emulated video game.

Woodcon Valor
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
resident tryhard and deadbeat dad trollin legit bug fix suggestion all up in here.

even if this was true (and its not), it would still take a way back 2nd place to fighting to get vermiculated armor over the health of ones children. Talk about real issues needing to be focused on.

HAHA owned 'em!!

Nirgon
10-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Sundawg stop trolling the bugs section.

That said, Destin is in the clear here. I've agreed with him on this obvious game mechanic.

Critical
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
So via your link, with no logical evidence highlighted.

You're assumption is because Slam has (1) point in it, that it should have a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance of landing a stun on a target level 60 because "Scaling" is incorrect on the server (This applies to your statement that items people are raising skill in, should scale with the skill level.)

In pvp, melee skill levels don't come into play. Some weapons like Ashenbone axe can be used proficiently by a bard or rogue in pvp because theres no check against skill levels (they have no 2hs skill).

This assumption is incorrect, while leveling, skill caps are increased meaning if someone level 60 begins to raise skill in 2hs or 2hb, that person will hit for the full amount. Now as the skill level increases, the accuracy of the weapon increase along with the "attack power" which adds a small bit of damage, but nothing drastic.

Pertaining to your complaint about bash, any time it lands, which it should be about 50% of the time, the stun will work. You either miss completely or you land the slam with 1 damage + stun. This chance to miss is not based off the level of the character or the level of the person being stunned, it simply relies on the skill level of the skill, IE (1) point in bash.

A skill like bash that is fixed at (1) works just as often as any other skill up, except you never receive the increase in skill. This means that each successful slam/stun would have potential to increase your skill therefore you would notice that the slam skill lands frequently because the skill up from 1-2 is very very easy to attain.

I played a large race warrior on classic, and never raised my bash skill to raise the damage on Slam because the added damage did not mean shit to me....

Slam landed quite a bit and was VERY reliable on fleeing mobs and caster PVP combat.

Destin, you lose, you will continue to die on your flabby caster/rogue.