PDA

View Full Version : Pet Model

robrosoft
11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Is there a way to make my client display the old pet models?

Wenai
11-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Shaman pets.
Necromancer pets.
Gypsy females.

All of these are lost with the Titanium Client.

Vonyor
11-14-2009, 01:40 PM
You can use the old elemental models for magician pets by unchecking them at the options menu via the login screen.

robrosoft
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Cool, thx. Was looking to switch the ele pets. :)

Dolalin
11-14-2009, 02:49 PM
It used to be that if you deleted global2_chr.s3d then the old nec pets would come back, but I tried and it doesn't work anymore.

mixxit
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
helpful thanks, could be useful on the setup guide?

Murferoo
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
You can use the old elemental models for magician pets by unchecking them at the options menu via the login screen.

How do you get the new ones back? At first I had the new mage pets, then something changed and Ive had old ones since...doesn't seem to matter if its checked or not in the login options.

Eastwood
04-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I think you can make that stuff old by clicking the options tab when you first load up EQ.

It will ask you which 3d models to use, and turn off to save ram, which was more of an issue a few years ago with older computers. If you turn them all off the game will be more classic, to include pets.

I did this before when I played another server because I hated the luclin graphics of the game.

heyokah
06-24-2010, 12:24 AM
My horses / elementals box is unched, and i still have the new mage pet models. is there another way to do this?

Dac321
06-24-2010, 12:26 AM
My horses / elementals box is unched, and i still have the new mage pet models. is there another way to do this?

Try going to your eq client and see if the command is listed "TRUE" and if it is, simply type in "FALSE"

oldhead
06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
UseLuclinElementals=FALSE

you want this in your eqclient.ini

Soft
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I've heard be deleting a file you can bring back old school wolves. I have not loaded up my client since doing this thought. I got this advice from someone i trust so I'm not flaming/trolling.

Aeolwind
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
I've heard be deleting a file you can bring back old school wolves. I have not loaded up my client since doing this thought. I got this advice from someone i trust so I'm not flaming/trolling.

This is true. Sadly, it locks you out of some zones because they are calling a model from one of the files you delete. Sadly, fixing THAT requires client edits.

Tajin898
06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
I've been looking for some elaboration on this.

I can't remember if I was playing live at the time, or EQemu, but I remember taking the time to look up the old pet/wolf/skelly model problem, and I found a walkthrough on a forum on how to get these old models to show up, client side only.

So, my question is, I understand you guys as developers can't do anything to make this happen. But is there a process we as players can go through to change a file or two in our own client? I KNOW I remember doing this a while back, just can't remember how.

Thanks for any feedback!

heyokah
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Try going to your eq client and see if the command is listed "TRUE" and if it is, simply type in "FALSE"

This worked for me, but it disabled my sound for some reason. Logging out / in a few times fixed it though.

makoho
06-30-2010, 04:56 AM
man i miss those gypsy models.

Lucrio40
06-30-2010, 09:40 AM
One thing I've wondered, Is it simply not possible to run an older client on EQemu? Does it have to run off the Titanium client/SoF client?

Itchybottom
06-30-2010, 10:35 AM
One thing I've wondered, Is it simply not possible to run an older client on EQemu? Does it have to run off the Titanium client/SoF client?

Aug 4 2005 dated client will connect to EQEMU, and log into Project 1999. I'm not sure how compatible it is in the long run though.

Lucrio40
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Aug 4 2005 dated client will connect to EQEMU, and log into Project 1999. I'm not sure how compatible it is in the long run though.

I believe that client is still incapable of displaying the original skeleton models and some other models as well. I was just wondering, as I said, if it was not possible to use, say, the trilogy client to run in an EQemu. Granted we can't do it now, but is it possible to develop a way to do it?

guineapig
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Gotta wonder what their issue was with the gypsy models.

I can understand the wolves looking just a tad silly (they looked like stuffed animals).

aggresor223
09-17-2010, 07:44 PM
UseLuclinElementals=FALSE

you want this in your eqclient.ini

Could the eqclient.ini be called somthing else? I can't locate it in my directory:mad:

zianlo1
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
What about a fresh install off the Ruins of Kunark disc from back in 99 or 2000 when rok launched? =P

Aasimon
09-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Could the eqclient.ini be called somthing else? I can't locate it in my directory:mad:

If you've installed EverQuest to C:\Program Files, then you'll find your EQClient.ini located somewhere in C:\Users\YOURNAME or C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData. Programs cannot create new files in Program Files as a matter of security, so they are redirected to the user profile directory. To access it, you need to physically add \APPDATA to the end of C:\Users\YOURNAME and hit enter.

If you would like screenshots, INIs and other client-generated files to be retained in the EverQuest directory, you must alter the properties of every executable in the EverQuest directory to run as an administrator. Alternatively, you can disable User Accounts Control (UAC), which disables this protection system-wide.

I don't generally advise that users disable UAC, as it provides a rather decent level of security, but advanced PC users may find their Windows 7 experience altogether less annoying with UAC shut off.

Lazortag
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
What about a fresh install off the Ruins of Kunark disc from back in 99 or 2000 when rok launched? =P

I'm pretty sure the problem is that eqemu (or just p99?) runs on the titanium client, so this wouldn't work. From my limited understanding of the situation, it has to run on this client so that more people have a chance to play, because if we ran on velious or some shit people wouldn't be able to buy the CD's if they didn't own them (because it's not sold anymore). Again, this is from my extremely limited knowledge of things. It doesn't really matter anyway since the devs keep finding ways to fix classic inconsistencies with the client as they slowly discover where more code is stored. I haven't been around that long and even from my experience here the server's gone a long way in removing un-classic client-side stuff (like Shared Bank, that ugly "EQ" button, new skelly/wolf models, etc.)

Tenpin
09-18-2010, 08:16 PM
I can understand the wolves looking just a tad silly (they looked like stuffed animals).

So is it normal for my shaman wolf pet not to move its legs? It just kinda slides everywhere all stiff looking.

Tork
09-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Did you update recently per the full setup guide?

Lazortag
09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Did you update recently per the full setup guide?

It's weird, actually - everything looks fine for me (new skellies, most wolves (shadow wolves/coyotes/druid wolf form, etc.) but Shaman pets look stiff for some reason.

Tenpin
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM
yes, I updated also. Still got frozen pet. Works fine, just doesn't move its feet.

purist
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
yes, I updated also. Still got frozen pet. Works fine, just doesn't move its feet.

Same here.

Tenpin
09-19-2010, 07:27 PM
glad it is not just me...

Oldfart
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Shaman pets.
Necromancer pets.
Gypsy females.

All of these are lost with the Titanium Client.

If one gets a earlier release of the client is there someway to save the model files for these things and manually transfer them over to the newer client? I would do anything to have everything classic, i was so displeased today when i made my lvl 24 pet and he looked like a SOE skeleton :( The lvl 1-20 pets looked like the originals for me!

Wizarous
09-23-2010, 10:51 AM
didnt the old skelly 20+ pets look like
http://common.allakhazam.com/images/i/d/id5118.png

purist
10-06-2010, 02:13 AM
How do you get the new ones back? At first I had the new mage pets, then something changed and Ive had old ones since...doesn't seem to matter if its checked or not in the login options.

Anybody have a fix for this?

I re-checked the elemental box in Options and the models still show old.

I went to the eqclient.ini file and they're showing as true, but they still show the old pets.

: (

degenvf
03-02-2012, 08:07 AM
how do i get the new mage pet models back? tired of having turds of different colors on my screen.