PDA

View Full Version : Red99 Needs You!

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Right now our population is down to 50 players or less. We needs your help. Nihilum is having problems killing Kunark dragons and is recruiting anyone that can breath without the support of a machine.

here is our website
http://www.nihilumguild.com/

even with a 50 player pop we have 120 people on our dkp site
http://nihilumguild.com/DKP/listmembers.php?o=0.0&show=all

we do not play games. our goal is to recruit everyone. sick of competition or FTE? Join us so that we can slay dragons uncontested. dont worry about pvp, we are all in the same guild.

Woodcon Valor
09-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Server is doing great, there's a exp bonus of 50% added ontop of another bonus already.

Leveling is fast and smooth and there's OOC serverwide, highly recommend new players to join us on red even if PVP isn't your fancy!

There's plenty of guilds to join besides just Nihilum if you do find yourself logging in :)

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 09:53 AM
The guild is great. I mean server is great. Right now we make up about 70% of the population. We are pushing for 95% so that we don't have to worry about pvp.

Woodcon Valor
09-26-2012, 10:26 AM
I'll +1 that the server is great

Lostprophets
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
are you kidding me?

I don't mind Nihilum but need not be in blue server chat as we don't care about red..period.

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 10:32 AM
listen, we are only averaging 20-30 players per daily raid. we need more. i dont care if you dont wanna hear about it. nothing will get in the way of my pixels.

philbertpk
09-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Are you offering free twinkin and power lvlin ? is that what im hearin?

Woodcon Valor
09-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Just ask in serverwide OOC, theres always help around the corner :)

Lagaidh
09-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Reds, I say this with due respect, but the P99 community has by and large made the decision about how it wants to play.

It is not PvP.

I don't begrudge anybody who tries to bring more players to their server; I just don't think many more bites are going to be had in the pool of blue players.

I understand how you feel though... "Hey we have a great thing going, it'd be perfect with more folks!" I felt that way over the summer when blue was also feeling a population dip.

philbertpk
09-26-2012, 11:08 AM

^^

win me over to red. TMO is fucking the raid scene on blue at the moment...soooo alot of us are looking at other servers..

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Come join Tmo red. Nihilum recruiting. Don't worry about pvp. Server will be down to one guild soon enough

kotton05
09-26-2012, 11:16 AM
sounds lame.

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Why fight tmo when u can join em

philbertpk
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Why fight tmo when u can join em

i was in tmo on blue... just got tired of the bs. nightly I get sk'd by a TMO member no matter what zone im in. f that s. Im an OG player who follows the rules, thus I didnt fit in.

o well.

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
i was in tmo on blue... just got tired of the bs. nightly I get sk'd by a TMO member no matter what zone im in. f that s. Im an OG player who follows the rules, thus I didnt fit in.

o well.

Lol you are not Nihilum material, next

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
^^

win me over to red. TMO is fucking the raid scene on blue at the moment...soooo alot of us are looking at other servers..

So any guild that's on top is fucking the raid scene?

philbertpk
09-26-2012, 11:33 AM

This is why your server pop is -50 dickhole
:)))

Dantes
09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Wait... so it's all uncontested and you're all in the same guild? Where's the PVP in that?

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Wait... so it's all uncontested and you're all in the same guild? Where's the PVP in that?

Hey we just downed spiroc with twenty lvl 60s. Thriving

godbox
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
these threads arnt banned yet?
I like reading the rnf in these alot but if you glance at anyone posting in the red99 forum about switching the response is:
roll a necro and dont expect to see a single person until 50. then farm shit then twink a useful alt and join one of these terrible terrible guilds

Cippofra
09-26-2012, 11:54 AM
I dont quite understand what the point of red is. If i want to pvp on blue i can do it all i want. so the only thing red adds is making it easier for others to make what i want to do impossible. Ive never once had the thought that i wish i would be harassed more while playing. so honestly, without people getting emotional and just screaming dont be a pansy, what exactly is the point?

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I dont quite understand what the point of red is. If i want to pvp on blue i can do it all i want. so the only thing red adds is making it easier for others to make what i want to do impossible. Ive never once had the thought that i wish i would be harassed more while playing. so honestly, without people getting emotional and just screaming dont be a pansy, what exactly is the point?

I believe there are some salient points to be made in Red's favour (guild on guild PvP instead of poopsocking for example), just don't let one of the posers (Mitic etc) do the sales pitch for you. Get it straight from someone of quality

Cippofra
09-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Wouldnt guild on guild pvp in regards to raids simply result in the second guild waiting to attack after the first guild starts the encounter? simply means the second guild will get the boss everytime. this would be the case with every single mob in the game. if someone wants the mob im killing, anyone that wants to has the option of taking it by simply killing me. if someone wants the item im camping, i have no choice but to leave and come back later. essentially it means you only get the camps that no one else would ever want. youd have to hide in zones people have no reason to go to

godbox
09-26-2012, 12:26 PM
^ this is an accurate description as i recall from my time on ral zek. only difference is unlike on ral zek where there were many many players and you could come back with friends for some fun (but imbalanced pvp) it seems like on red you would just get dicktrained indefinetly until you lucked out and found it uncamped.

Nizzarr
09-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Wouldnt guild on guild pvp in regards to raids simply result in the second guild waiting to attack after the first guild starts the encounter? simply means the second guild will get the boss everytime. this would be the case with every single mob in the game. if someone wants the mob im killing, anyone that wants to has the option of taking it by simply killing me. if someone wants the item im camping, i have no choice but to leave and come back later. essentially it means you only get the camps that no one else would ever want. youd have to hide in zones people have no reason to go to

eh, We killed holocaust while killing the dragons, not sure what you're talking about. one of the biggest rush youll ever get in everquest.

It's called PVP for a reason, kill the guy that comes for your camp. If you cant then its his.

Are you from new zealand? you sure sound like a sheep.

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Our guild leader has spoken bluebie scum. Join Nihilum or shut up

Ogre
09-26-2012, 02:10 PM
eh, We killed holocaust while killing the dragons, not sure what you're talking about. one of the biggest rush youll ever get in everquest.

It's called PVP for a reason, kill the guy that comes for your camp. If you cant then its his.

Are you from new zealand? you sure sound like a sheep.

lol, the biggest rush you've had in EQ was a ~60 population server where your own guild comprises 50-70% of the population?

forgive me for passing on that amazing opportunity.

heartbrand
09-26-2012, 02:25 PM
I am more than glad to help newcomers to red, even should they choose to not join my guild. Red is not some wasteland of degens training you and what not, in fact most people are willing to help you, groups are had, and PVP usually involves the option to loot and scoot should you lose, often the winning side will even help you CR assuming you scoot. Or you can wait in line for a chance at a raid mob, lol.

Woodcon Valor
09-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Or you can wait in line for a chance at a raid mob, lol.

haha so true!!

Picked
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Never played on Red. Don't really intend too either. Nothing against PvP it's just not my style. When I think of PvP servers I think of some kid with nothing better to do then to sit around a nooby area ganking people that are 40 levels lower than him. Laughing as someone is trying to get anything at all accomplished with what time he has to play.

Just doesn't seem fun to me....at all. I'm sure my perception isn't even accurate. But I know PvP and how it's mostly ego's and fluff. Not really my cup of tea.

XiakenjaTZ
09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
In case you did not pick up on it the initial post is a bit of a troll...

A troll but true in some regards.

Nizzarr
09-26-2012, 04:46 PM
lol, the biggest rush you've had in EQ was a ~60 population server where your own guild comprises 50-70% of the population?

forgive me for passing on that amazing opportunity.

enjoy camping your main characters at raid mobs ad vitam eternam and play EverChat in east commons.

There was a time on red where killing nagafen was a matter of days with fights lasting as long as 4 days straight with little to no stopping. But you wouldnt know you were camped in sebilis waiting for Trakanon to spawn at 3am.

Also congrats to Necrious, Server all-star, just got his 41% haste belt done on the red server!

Safon
09-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Necrious must have more free time than he knows what to do with...seriously

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
kefka you are yoo good.

look at all these stupid blue players, cant smell a troll sitting in their lap..

lol all of you, morons.

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Necrosis some rich dude on blue who super twinked himself and was constantly pled by Nilly. What a pvp badass

BigSlip

See, you need a pair of

NUTS

Thatguy05
Why are the red trolls tainting our server chat forums with their crap? Stay in your 50 man sandbox and we'll continue to stay in ours.

Safon
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
kefka you are yoo good.

look at all these stupid blue players, cant smell a troll sitting in their lap..

lol all of you, morons.

It was obvious as fuck he was trolling

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
kefka you are yoo good.

lol all of you, morons.

No joke man. This was my most successful red recruiting post on blue forums and the whole thing was a troll.

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Necrosis some rich dude on blue who super twinked himself and was constantly pled by Nilly. What a pvp badass

yeah necrious, pretty scummy.

who gives a crap, ready to throw in the towel myself. Shit is just too much of a timesink. Esp when the competition refuses to fight with even numbers. Every. Time.

I could of joined them too, but that seems even more like a waste of time.

jeje

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Sounds like more pvp on blue. Need a monk so I can drop an entire zone on some raids

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
are you kidding me?

I don't mind Nihilum but need not be in blue server chat as we don't care about red..period.

Reds, I say this with due respect, but the P99 community has by and large made the decision about how it wants to play.

It is not PvP.

I don't begrudge anybody who tries to bring more players to their server; I just don't think many more bites are going to be had in the pool of blue players.

I understand how you feel though... "Hey we have a great thing going, it'd be perfect with more folks!" I felt that way over the summer when blue was also feeling a population dip.

^^

sounds lame.

o well.

This is why your server pop is -50 dickhole
:)))

It was obvious as fuck he was trolling

Not for most. LOL..

Safon
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
The real question is why this thread (and you Kefka) aren't gone/banned yet

Safon
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Not for most. LOL..

Lmao it is quite sad isn't it

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Because youre a faggot.

Nizzarr
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
You suck anyway slippery. Best plugging wizard ive seen , you got some ctrl-alt-delete skills.

Hope you stick around though, the void between those zones would never be the same if there wasnt some cheeseycakes inside them.

Safon
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Because youre a faggot.

You're*

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
You suck anyway slippery. Best plugging wizard ive seen , you got some ctrl-alt-delete skills.

Hope you stick around though, the void between those zones would never be the same if there wasnt some cheeseycakes inside them.

Yeah i suck real hard. I suck so hard i have ore killshots than you, Im not scared to pvp (like you are). Ill fight without even numbers. I come at your whole guild by myself, its not a suprise i get zerged down sometimes.

P sad, you prolly would even duel my 52 wizard on your 60 tstaff, sky loot monk.

You know it too, biyach~

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Enjoy when your server drops back down to 20, just like last time i stopped playin!

pazzz

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I think ill be the bigger man here nizzar, and WALK AWAY.

ouch!

Kope
09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
This thread is epitomizes why red99's population has fallen to its current level, and why no one else will give red99 a shot. Any conversation to/from/about red99 devolves into a childish yelling game, and whoever yells the loudest for the longest amount of time...wins?

I played on a pvp server on live, and REALLY wanted to have fun playing on a pvp server again, but the community that really wanted to have fun casually with the game left and all that's left is what has been presented in this thread.

I'm quite sad for red99 because I think it could have really diversified the 99 community. I know a large group of people from my previous server who would love to try it out again, but...sadly it won't come to pass at this point unless things really change.

Nizzarr
09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I didnt know the server health's gravitated around you playing or not playing.

Sorry I dont spend my time playing EverPicture, I just kill people. I dont wanna become OCD screenshotters, my fingers would get sore from the amount of kills I get.

BigEgo, I think you lost the game.

Nizzarr
09-26-2012, 05:21 PM
This thread is epitomizes why red99's population has fallen to its current level, and why no one else will give red99 a shot. Any conversation to/from/about red99 devolves into a childish yelling game, and whoever yells the loudest for the longest amount of time...wins?

I played on a pvp server on live, and REALLY wanted to have fun playing on a pvp server again, but the community that really wanted to have fun casually with the game left and all that's left is what has been presented in this thread.

I'm quite sad for red99 because I think it could have really diversified the 99 community. I know a large group of people from my previous server who would love to try it out again, but...sadly it won't come to pass at this point unless things really change.

I think you're new around here? Welcome to forum pvp!

BigSlip
09-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I didnt know the server health's gravitated around you playing or not playing.

Well sorry to say pal, it does.

If it ever jumps over 50 i might just have to log in to slay my own guildmates, in turn griefing you.

How does that sound?

Ogre
09-26-2012, 06:14 PM
enjoy camping your main characters at raid mobs ad vitam eternam and play EverChat in east commons.

There was a time on red where killing nagafen was a matter of days with fights lasting as long as 4 days straight with little to no stopping. But you wouldnt know you were camped in sebilis waiting for Trakanon to spawn at 3am.

Also congrats to Necrious, Server all-star, just got his 41% haste belt done on the red server!

Delusional much? You play on a 50 pop sandbox for your own zerg guild.

You know you've reached an all-time low when Nihilum guild leaders tell their members to leave their computers all day to artificially inflate the number of people that play Red99, and it STILL can't break 60 at peak times.

Bottom line, EQ is a social game, I'll take my 600+ "bluebie" server any day where I can find someone else on the continent I'm on more than once every 3 months, and hey, more than 2 people on the server aren't in my guild!

heartbrand
09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
If you fags would stop rage quitting every three minutes there would be more competition and more fun to be had.

Tasslehofp99
09-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Seriously. Get rid of this trash post and put it in red section RNF, no one here gives a shit.

Wolfgang
09-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Delusional much? You play on a 50 pop sandbox for your own zerg guild.

You know you've reached an all-time low when Nihilum guild leaders tell their members to leave their computers all day to artificially inflate the number of people that play Red99, and it STILL can't break 60 at peak times.

Bottom line, EQ is a social game, I'll take my 600+ "bluebie" server any day where I can find someone else on the continent I'm on more than once every 3 months, and hey, more than 2 people on the server aren't in my guild!

Damn bro u sound like good peoples. Also grats on grim pking Nizzar all the way from the blue server

Wolfgang
09-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Lol owned

Littlegyno 9.0
09-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Red99 thriving.

Wolfgang
09-26-2012, 06:42 PM
i had little expectations with this troll thread but it ended up delivering, even had nizzarr attacking bluebies at random. good stuff.

Wolfgang
09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
In Nihilum we take care of our members. Never do we allow our exploits be reported. loyalty before honesty is our motto.

Batlle confirmed loyal member of nihilum/red99 server. Get shit on by "griefed off the server" trolls.

Pretty standard.

I found this very interesting given the recent developments with you and him over the last month:

Nerfette is a Guild cleric used by several people but is located on a Nizzar blue account. One day Batlle decided to log into all of Nizzars blue toons and ran sack the banks for the blue pixels. He stole a few items including a Cloak of Flames and Nizzar had the nipbogian detective tell him which characters IP address had done this hanus crime (I didn't ven know GMs interfered in shared account theft!)

Needless to say Batlle was caught red handed and despite denying it for x amount of days/weeks came forward and admitted he had a drug problem causing him to steal from his mommies purse.

Nizzar kept this secret from his soldiers and forgave Batlle of his sins because who needs trust in a guild when you have 100% attendance and can aid in a exp binge on Kunark release?

Blog bump for those telling me I was lacking more gossip.

bizzum
09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Post Bumping

You may only "Bump" pointless Red promotion threads after 16 hours from the last post in that thread. Violations of this rule could result in thread lock/deletions and possible forum account actions for subsequent violations. Nobody cares

Swish
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Red99 thriving.

Moments ago:-

http://i.imgur.com/CcYqm.jpg

Redorious
09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Don't listen to the mads who were GRIEFED off the server.

Red99 at an all time thrive with multiple guilds bringing down much raid content and pvping.

Join now while legacy Kunark is still in!

Twin
09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Griefing people who are ready to be griefed is not nearly as satisfying as griefing people who are not ready to be griefed. This is why Red is doomed to fail.

runlvlzero
09-26-2012, 08:35 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PODp0Of6PNE/TdEID0p065I/AAAAAAAAAWs/j74HsnG0L2g/s1600/resist-the-empire2.jpg

Further I would like to add, group pvp (even when trains are invovled) are far more fun then raids and require real skill, and quick thinking. (not quick random button mashing). Evacs, mobilization, zone knowledge, all come into play and being able to bring down key players and support your group is important, a good/decent cleric can really turn the tide, or a percision strike on a well twinked enemy before their other forces can mobilize. Clear communication in vent... Theres allot to be said for pvp to be proud of good pvp.

Thatguy05
09-26-2012, 09:13 PM
This is definitely proper server chat for a pve box

tehruoh
09-26-2012, 10:21 PM
If you fags would stop rage quitting every three minutes there would be more competition and more fun to be had.

^^^^^^^^

also its threads like this that keeps blue players disinterested in playing here. Get over yourselves and act like the adults you claim to be.

godbox
09-27-2012, 12:29 AM
How the hell did so many people respond to the OP without realizing it was a parody / Nihilum flame?

its one of those things where the reality of it and the parody of it are so similar it can be hard to tell the difference. all in all good troll

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
bottom line is <Nihilum> needs more poopsockers. we dont care what you do with your life just log on and raid. hell we have had druggies wipe out our blue alt banks but because they have 100% raid attendence we looked past it. come on down and lets take Trak down without FTE.

Batlle confirmed loyal member of nihilum/red99 server. Get shit on by "griefed off the server" trolls.

Pretty standard.

I found this very interesting given the recent developments with you and him over the last month:

Nerfette is a Guild cleric used by several people but is located on a Nizzar blue account. One day Batlle decided to log into all of Nizzars blue toons and ran sack the banks for the blue pixels. He stole a few items including a Cloak of Flames and Nizzar had the nipbogian detective tell him which characters IP address had done this hanus crime (I didn't ven know GMs interfered in shared account theft!)

Needless to say Batlle was caught red handed and despite denying it for x amount of days/weeks came forward and admitted he had a drug problem causing him to steal from his mommies purse.

Nizzar kept this secret from his soldiers and forgave Batlle of his sins because who needs trust in a guild when you have 100% attendance and can aid in a exp binge on Kunark release?

Blog bump for those telling me I was lacking more gossip.

Wolfgang Nihilum Officer

Vermicelli
09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
hanus

Woodcon Valor
09-27-2012, 04:17 PM
server is thriving don't listten to the butthurts

get in on the ground floor!

Dacuk
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I used to be a bluebie, was convinced to turn to pvp servers a few years ago. Holy shit this game became about 10x more exciting and challenging. Definitely recommend trying it and having some legit pvp before talking shit. Slaying mobs on top of other people's corpses is pure joy.

Continue on with trolling.....

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Trollborn = Palemoon
Palemoon = Sundawg
Sundawg = Arzak ?

say it aint so Joan.

http://i.imgur.com/ENpwZ.jpg

read bamzels post
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=734351#post734351

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Nihilum pocket GM revealed as one of their own players. gg red99, it was all a charade.

Swish
09-27-2012, 05:30 PM
A typical Red 99 player's portrayed image:-

http://i.imgur.com/NVF4K.jpg http://thebestmoviesnevermade.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/mark-morrison1.jpg

A typical Red 99 player's actual picture:-

http://i.imgur.com/1rgMv.jpg http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2356891_f260.jpg

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Only one retard on the forums who cant spell limited:
limmited
I agree, modifying the base has very limmited use. The Neriak Ghouls are one example, and incidentlly are a faction that do not take diety or class into account what so ever, only race.
Id support the creation of hotzones (a limmited number , or have them rotate or wtf ever) if the flat rate universal xp bonuses were removed.

If "forceing" the population to come together for decent xp is the result, then grouping will happen naturally for other reasons (protection in a highly competitive/dangerous hotzone).

Once again this only works though, if you remove the currently inflated xp bonuses that are server wide.

This issue must be hit from both ends. Bring people together with the carrot (hot zones, group bonus wtf ever) and the stick (remove all of the xp bonues from soloers, who need it the least and would just take their flat rate bonus and go quad or solo in some remote corner of the world till 60).

And before someone says "well people will group for phat loot!". Wrong, not when everyone is just single pulling with invisi tricks through 10 walls and 3 floors named mobs straight to zoneline or where ever they feel like killing their cherry picked named mob at.

Im for whatever fosters community interaction.
Another reason why teams would not work on this server: everyone has 20 accounts with one character on each one (or so).

Back on the EQ teams you of course had limmited character slots and limmited accounts (had to pay for each one, and most did not have multiple accounts). You were restricted to making toons (at least on sullon zek) on your account that all shared the same team.

Here, everyone would have their "evil" account/toon, their "good" account/toon, their newt one etc.

It would be pointless. Would be no team spirit/pride like early team EQ and early DAoC realms had.

Just would be a great mess in general. And besides, for a real team server you have to have way more of a pop then we do now.

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Trollborn = Palemoon
Palemoon = Sundawg
Sundawg = Arzak

GM trolls the shit out of forums and is in Nihilum. Sounds legit. GG

Swish
09-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Only one retard on the forums who cant spell limited:
limmited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTifdoKXoxM

Wolfgang
09-27-2012, 06:31 PM
confirmed. gg.

http://i.imgur.com/GK4r6.png

Woodcon Valor
09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
red needs YOU!

Nirgon
09-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Developer playing there has no problem killing Nagafen instead of fixing him not banishing 53+s.

50 people, all in one guild.. awesome.

Swish
09-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Trading my R99 L60 wizard for a L12 or higher account on blue, preferably a ranger - will throw in 10k of R99 plat as a sweetener ;):D

Woodcon Valor
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Trading my R99 L60 wizard for a L12 or higher account on blue, preferably a ranger - will throw in 10k of R99 plat as a sweetener ;):D

Wow is this real or just trolling? Im sure many would take u up on this offer since the server is growing and many new players joining daily with the permanent 75% exp bonus on red and no camping raid mob spawn points just to have end game experiences!

let me know, ill take you up on it if you are serious!

Cippofra
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Trolling or not, doesn't really change relevant discussion relating to what the point of a pvp server is. Its not like the op's original intent nullifies the reasonable discussion that follows

Woodcon Valor
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
always looking for more

Peekae
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
To be fair red would be an amazing server if it had a larger active pop.

I mean blue is fun but end game its true you are either farming or camping at a spawn point for a mob that's due to spawn.

The only problem I see in switching to red is that you will be pretty much stuck solo from 1-50 and the lowbie population just doesn't exist. This means you will pretty much have to roll a caster because if you try to solo with an untwinked melee character you're going to have a bad time

Swish
09-29-2012, 01:35 PM
So in essence you're forced to PvE on a PvP server for 50 levels, when really you could PvE on a PvE server that you know has a future....

Maybe Rogean will have to think about an adjustment. Live set up the Mayong server, if anyone remembers it - coined the "51/50 server". All new characters started at L51 (could be adjusted to here), with 50 AAs (well, forget those). Start everyone at a higher level and maybe THEN, on top of the XP bonus, you can then say "this is a server where 100s will play".

Very few people want to do the grind on a low population server, higher numbers attract more interest... until that happens one way or another there'll be little interest, and 1000 posts trying to recruit people won't make much of an impact at all. You need another 150-200 regular players at least to get people's attention.

Cippofra
09-29-2012, 01:59 PM
So in essence you're forced to PvE on a PvP server for 50 levels, when really you could PvE on a PvE server that you know has a future....

Maybe Rogean will have to think about an adjustment. Live set up the Mayong server, if anyone remembers it - coined the "51/50 server". All new characters started at L51 (could be adjusted to here), with 50 AAs (well, forget those). Start everyone at a higher level and maybe THEN, on top of the XP bonus, you can then say "this is a server where 100s will play".

Very few people want to do the grind on a low population server, higher numbers attract more interest... until that happens one way or another there'll be little interest, and 1000 posts trying to recruit people won't make much of an impact at all. You need another 150-200 regular players at least to get people's attention.

I'd move to a pvp server that starts you off at 50 with decent gear in a heartbeat. You'd get to skip most of the grief and just simply enjoy the pvp environment. I think this would be a great idea for a blue server too. Would be much more motivated to play rather than spend 8 months to reach 50.

runlvlzero
09-29-2012, 02:04 PM

itemless xfers or 1 char per acount 51 solves the issue.

There would be a ton of fun dragon raids if 51 was the start level though... i mean a ton =) give people quest armor and simple gear (like darkforge, and dark reaver)

Or hell start them in banded with a combine sword, fair enough and ez enough for casters. Make em research spells still.

I say do that but leave the option in to start at level 1 and grind slow, theres a few of us crazy people that like it. Easily doable by a discord book like quest at start.

P.S. Sam has moved on from us. R.I.P. uncle samwise

Woodcon Valor
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Careful about [Red Dawn]... this is about their guild leader:

I just received this, I'm pretty sure he wanted to remain anonymous BUT who cares about LOLOcaust.., THRIVING!! Sorry RED DAWN you deserve better!! :)

http://i48.tinypic.com/f0rm9c.png

bamzal
09-29-2012, 03:37 PM
So looks like the next bombshell is that Developer Sundawg aka tr0llborn is also the whole set of trolls: loli pops; lulz sect; kimm barely;

which also means he is the invulnerable exploiter to 50 Lovely namechanged to Action.

#LEGIT

Tarathiel
09-29-2012, 04:09 PM
at what point are these dudes going to get banned for spamming? guess what guys, RED IS NOT THRIVING!!!! give it a rest, you are not going to get anyone to move to blue from red who hasnt already done so. many of us so called "bluebies" saw the failure of red99 coming before the server even launched. your desperate pleas are falling on deaf ears

Woodcon Valor
09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
The problem is: we can't keep the trolls away they just remake new accounts with 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0 and 5.5, etc

staff has tried limitting the trolling by deleting, suspending, and banning but they just come back again and again... its ridiculous

bamzal
09-29-2012, 04:17 PM
^ lol he still cant spell limited. nice try sundawg (developer) / lovely (invlunerable exploiter)

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 02:59 AM
The problem is

Red99 is

hanus

(hand anus)

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 03:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nIeUL.jpg

Free your mind

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 04:40 AM
before red dawn there were founding fathers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VF3SXy7W6qs&feature=endscreen

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Still hand anus.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Still hand anus.

You would fit in really well on red lol :cool:

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 04:06 PM
at what point are these dudes going to get banned for spamming? guess what guys, RED IS NOT THRIVING!!!! give it a rest, you are not going to get anyone to move to blue from red who hasnt already done so. many of us so called "bluebies" saw the failure of red99 coming before the server even launched. your desperate pleas are falling on deaf ears

You were a failure on blue. ( your guild)

just sayin

Swish
09-30-2012, 04:13 PM
so how's the red population looking since this recruitment drive? :)

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Its actually been up again, back up to 60-70-80 i saw 81 the other day for a little bit. 68 As of this writing, meaning we retained at leat 50% of the new players we got when kunark/fast xp launched. (i do not care what guild they are in there here)

Silo69
09-30-2012, 10:43 PM
there's actually a screenshot of Nihilum guild leadership telling their members to leave their computers logged in Red to make it look like more people play on it than do

so sad and desperate, and now all they do is shit up blue forums to recruit to their crap server. no one wants to play a 50 pop server where one guild (Nihilum) comprises 80% of the pop.

begone.

3 players in ec as we speak 11pm est

spamming shout and ooc recruitment for red 99

there trying to cater to the lower lvl pop, they know there server is a dead horse if they have to log into ours with clever names doing a recruit drive not out there balls deep in pvp

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
3 players in ec as we speak 11pm est

spamming shout and ooc recruitment for red 99

there trying to cater to the lower lvl pop, they know there server is a dead horse if they have to log into ours with clever names doing a recruit drive not out there balls deep in pvp

That screenshot was a joke, it was an offhand comment that got turned int a slightly bigger joke in reds forums =)

Its probably the same 3 trolls mad at us on the forums here for talking about R99 at all. It probably isnt even red players in EC. You sir need to double,triple check, fraps, proof.

/ignore them if you dont like it

No one on red that I know is promoting that, never once in our ooc did we see it.

P.S. Come over to red and ding 10 so you can recruit for blue in our ooc ) Its global too, so a bigger audience then 20 RMT kingpins in EC. I garantee you may just have fun doing it.

Silo69
09-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Its probably the same 3 trolls mad at us on the forums here for talking about R99 at all. It probably isnt even red players in EC. You sir need to double,triple check, fraps, proof.

No one on red that I know is promoting that, never once in our ooc did we see it.

P.S. Come over to red and ding 10 so you can recruit for blue in our ooc ) Its global too, so a bigger audience then 20 RMT kingpins in EC. I garantee you may just have fun doing it.

i have a lvl 22 dead assling rogue parked in oasis on that server, i played the first 3 weeks and passed gas

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
i have a lvl 22 dead assling rogue parked in oasis on that server, i played the first 3 weeks and passed gas

Get him in and start recruiting for blue pal!

Also you realize you can have an account logged in on each server? So all those crying about boxing, play a toon on each server.

PizzaHutDelivers
10-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Lol at all the red drama. Makes me want to roll a character on Red. Anyone willing to power level a pizza hut delivery driver? What classes are needed?

Acrux Bcrux
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Wait... Theres a red server?

Woodcon Valor
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Wait... Theres a red server?

Yes, theres an exp bonus and growing population along with worldwide OOC so its easy for new players to start

interested?

Nirgon
10-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Hope you like getting rooted with 150 magic resist and 75% faster xp

Woodcon Valor
10-04-2012, 01:42 PM
75% faster exp is right because theres a PERMANENT exp bonus of that amount to help new players :)

great time to be had

BigSlip
10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
That screenshot was a joke, it was an offhand comment that got turned int a slightly bigger joke in reds forums =)

may i also add, that pic was taken last year, its old as hell. Back then after i quit there was a pop of about 15 20 daily. Thats when the pic was taken.

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
bump, need more people to join Nihilum on red. see sig. mad?

Zereh
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
there's actually a screenshot of Nihilum guild leadership telling their members to leave their computers logged in Red to make it look like more people play on it than do

so sad and desperate, and now all they do is shit up blue forums to recruit to their crap server. no one wants to play a 50 pop server where one guild (Nihilum) comprises 80% of the pop.

begone.

The comment you're referring to did not come from "Nihilum leadership". The Vent comment was made in jest in reference to LoZ ~ where it would claim 74 people were on at the log-in server screen yet a /who count all in game would return a total count of 19 players. LOL

Zereh
10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
bump, need more people to join Nihilum on red. see sig. mad?

Your crusade to prove you "don't care" won't be very successful if you continue to post about it.

Swish
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Nihilum recruiting. 130+ members and growing!
http://nihilumguild.com/DKP/listmemb...=none&show=all

65+ are alts... :D

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Your crusade to prove you "don't care" won't be very successful if you continue to post about it.

All I care about is having enough people to do Kunark content with my pals in Nihilum. As a recruiting officer, it is my job to fill the ranks. So bluebie scum, are you sick of variance? Sick of the unemployed holding down all raid mobs with an iron fist? Rock out with your cock out and roll on red. Zarah and I will personally take care of you as we are a couple in game. Just send me a tell in game and well get you started. Unless I am raiding ofc. Have a Nihilum-good day.

- Kefka <Nihilum>
Recruiter, Blogger, Destroyer of Sundawg

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 08:41 PM
not sure if I want these bluebie whiners on MY server unless they are willing to man up and join Nihilum

our leader has spoken peons. stfu and roll on red. quit whining.

Aerist
10-12-2012, 01:04 PM
PL's for everyone!

dredge
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM

KefkaPalazzo
10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
How dare you quote me without consent. This kind of barbaric and rash behaviour is not tolerated in Nihilum. You savage blue animals need to be house broken before you are considered among the thousands of apps we receive daily.

Droog007
10-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Been dinking around on Red during downtime now that I've figured out how to run 2 clients.

My only complaint was that the exp was so fast that it far outstripped the silver/copper I was raking in and I was unable to buy level-appropriate spells. Especially when I scored buffs from high-levels passing through...

That was, until Sigleaf hooked me up with a load of Spears and small change from dead Deputies... twice. Now I'm rolling with deep pockets.

KefkaPalazzo
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Level as fast as possible and apply once you hit 50+. Need to be dedicated to the cause and willing to make EQ the number one priority in your life.

mtb tripper
07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
bump

Vaildez
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
EQ PVP was never good.

Tasslehofp99
07-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Played red for a few hours yesterday and wow....place is a cesspool.

Global ooc filled with homophobic, racist wow kids.

Lvl 10s waiting in every newb zone to gank the non twinked lowbies the second they are high enough.

Not enough players to support a healthy eq community.

Oh and the big one;eq was never made to be a pvp game. Therefore I feel as if its pvo gameplay is severely lacking and offers very little entertainment other than griefing ppl. 9/10 times I was attacked on red it was by a player who knew I stood no chance.

Stay on your server red because the blue server don't need more ex WOw players.

Nads
07-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Played red for a few hours yesterday and wow....place is a cesspool.

Global ooc filled with homophobic, racist wow kids.

Lvl 10s waiting in every newb zone to gank the non twinked lowbies the second they are high enough.

Oh and the big one;eq was never made to be a pvp game. Therefore I feel as if its pvo gameplay is severely lacking and offers very little entertainment other than griefing ppl. 9/10 times I was attacked on red it was by a player who knew I stood no chance.

Stay on your server red because the blue server don't need more ex WOw players.

You literally couldn't be farther from the truth. Take off them rose-tinted goggles.

Peekae
07-26-2013, 03:53 PM
PVP adds fun to any game IMO. I would honestly give red a shot if I wasn't already invested in blue

SyanideGas
07-26-2013, 03:54 PM
PVP adds fun to any game IMO. I would honestly give red a shot if I wasn't already invested in blue

Agreed. I made a druid to play around a bit yesterday and was pretty fun.

Gustoo
07-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Tasslehof obviously got griefed off luclin era rallos zek based on his comments.

No level 10 twinks anywhere on red99. They are around 25 or so and only in Unrest.

I think global OOC should be removed because about 4 people constantly post ridiculous stuff driving away bluebies like Tasslehof that we need to increase population and fun.

EQ is a perfect PVP game where skill an preparations are number 1 and working together with friends is emphasized to the maximum. It also solves contested EXP and loot camp issues and overall gives purpose to the game. Why gear up to fight monsters you can already kill easily in a PVE server?

I agree about "fighting people you have no chance of beating" I think item loot is an important balancing factor. It gives a group of noobs incentives to fight a twink PK essentially like he is a raid boss. If you are persistent and clever you can kill a twink and score an ikky regen BP at very low level. It makes low level PVP worth doing for noobs, and risky for twinks.

Level 60's don't like it because they want to raid in full gear and not worry about losing their trak BP's but I think that population is least important to the health of the server, while level 1-50 is extremely important.

Anyways, while red99 isn't perfect, and its execution was shameful and I would do almost anything to give it a wipe and a fresh start, as it is, it is a great server with a lot more to do than blue. Avoiding griefers is easy on 160 player server. If more pop comes I think we will need item loot. Noobs have no loot worth caring about, and twinks will have to be more careful in their griefing.

At the very least, there is more room at the high end of the game than there is on blue, and more to do when you aren't busy min/maxing

Bantam 1
07-26-2013, 04:36 PM
So if Nihilum is on red and is the majority of the server.... isn't that essentially blue? 99% of the time? Why not just join blue already? I'd play with you guys.

Mittens Romney
07-26-2013, 04:53 PM
If anyone from Blue does come over and needs a hand getting started send Mittens a tell. I will help you get started with a little pp and some buffs/ports/spells.
PvPing for spawns and lvling in a more dangerous world adds a lot to the game. Try it out for a few days and you might like it.

Reguiy
07-26-2013, 08:00 PM
To the fcking dump with this thread already. OP is clearly trolling/pissed at Nihilum and trolling us blues in the process.

Flamewraith
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
It seems to me like anyone from Nihilum who would tryo to recruit a blubie with the promise of pvp over pve (COUGH heartbrand COUGH) is a fucking hypocritical liar. Nihilum is the zerg guild of red, they only pvp in mass numbers IF they leave vp. This is just my opinion from scouting out the red servers, but it seems like red nihilum is just a place to be if you want a less crowded endgame. Joining otherwise is like shooting yourself in the foot.

medievalerror
07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
I do believe I will try my hand on p99-Red tonight! =)

runlvlzero
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
This thread def a troll thread =/ But red is still fun. Its why I'm patiently waiting for servers to come back alive.

Agatha
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi, Agatha from red99 here. Please do not come to our server. Thanks !

mtb tripper
07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
yall come on down, Nihilum is giving out free fungi tunics to all newbs

Agatha
07-26-2013, 08:29 PM
For once the junkie is right.

All i have to say to you is, how can you play 13 year old elf simulator and not be high. I look at you and am like, what is wrong with this guy that he can play this shit sober. You are the messed up one pal, not me. NOT ME.

Zade
07-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Red99 is the place to be.
Gankin blubies is the life fo' me.
Blood spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep the blue server, just give me that /ooc snide.

mtb tripper
07-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Red99 is the place to be.
Gankin blubies is the life fo' me.
Blood spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep the blue server, just give me that /ooc snide.

Reguiy
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
All i have to say to you is, how can you play 13 year old elf simulator and not be high. I look at you and am like, what is wrong with this guy that he can play this shit sober. You are the messed up one pal, not me. NOT ME.

Bantam 1
07-26-2013, 09:06 PM
FFA pvp is pretty lame overall...I never got the point of it ( and a lot don't ). Yeah you can kill people for their camps..... but that's about it. You won't be taking anything good though.

SamwiseRed
07-26-2013, 09:11 PM
RIP OP, he was a good alt account while SamwiseRed was in timeout for 6 months.

Tasslehofp99
07-26-2013, 09:13 PM
WOW samwise:

Join date Dec 2011, Posts: 6249.....

WHAT!?!!? rofl

SamwiseRed
07-26-2013, 09:13 PM
If anyone from Blue does come over and needs a hand getting started send Mittens a tell. I will help you get started with a little pp and some buffs/ports/spells.
PvPing for spawns and lvling in a more dangerous world adds a lot to the game. Try it out for a few days and you might like it.

so you joined a zerg guild who has been uncontested for 2 years? tell me more about pvping for spawns.

SamwiseRed
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
WOW samwise:

Join date Dec 2011, Posts: 6249.....

WHAT!?!!? rofl

obviously

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJzcmYO3sf055HwYPCiQiolDbJNVoCl r5fXGWMAxd7LMOzlZIDbQ

and definitely

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNE_991fZoOCy899IVvy0Ov3xxwSTl7 z0PJwaVp_8ivUgFGhjW1Q

t0lkien
07-26-2013, 09:46 PM
It must really burn you "leet" super-skilled PvP players to have to come recruiting from all the hated no-skill carebears, no? Isn't it a bit beneath you?

Agatha
07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I like turtles.

HappyTr33z
07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Played red for a few hours yesterday and wow....place is a cesspool. I think you're exaggerating a little bit here pal.

Global ooc filled with homophobic, racist wow kids. Well yeah, there are gonna be obnoxious people in every global chat. All the more mature players don't really use OOC, well they don't spam it anyway. So you don't hear from them as much. Doesn't mean there are more immature players here than blue, you can just hear from them more here.

And besides, atleast here you can kill that annoying mf instead of just having to deal with it all day.

This is not true at all, whatsoever. I'm not saying you won't run into PVP, that's what the server is about, but a level ten waiting in EVERY noob zone just to wait on new players? That's just ridiculous.

Well if most of the EQ community is made up of whiners like you, it's no wonder most don't play here.

Now you're just being a baby. Ofcourse there are gonna be twinks around, ofcourse sometimes you are gonna get killed by them, that's why you stick it out, level up, get some gear (you can't stay in cloth here till the 40s like i've heard the bloobs do over there) and have some fun.

Also, the reason EQ PVP is so great is because it perfectly compliments the PVE. If you want to camp a mob, and you get there and someone else is farming a camp. Instead of sitting in a line, having to wait all day, you can just fight them for it and the victor takes all. After playing EQ with the PVP switch turned on I couldn't imagine playing a server without it.

Swish
07-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Blue server players easily trolled it seems :p

Thulack
07-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Look red has a new high for people online at once!!!.....oh wait.