PDA

View Full Version : Where can a 56 Necro get some solid exp (without charming)

Safon
09-26-2012, 01:47 PM
I'd like to hit 59 asap, any suggestions from those who have gone before are appreciated!

Tecmos Deception
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Burning wood giant fort with a rogue. It was twice as fast as any group in KC/HS/chardok/seb with my rogue from 53-58, and I bet it is still actually decent xp in 59 even with 2/3 of the giants being light blue.

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Why don't you want to charm? As long as you're quick with the screaming terror button the levels will fly by.

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Why don't you want to charm? As long as you're quick with the screaming terror button the levels will fly by.

Alright you've tempted me, lol where can I make the levels fly by with charm (56 onwards)? And how exactly?

Autotune
09-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Alright you've tempted me, lol where can I make the levels fly by with charm (56 onwards)? And how exactly?

I did KC basement, using a reverse charm method.

Basically lull around, grab a pet, aggro about 2-4 (make sure you try to get them all stacked on each other) and cycle root while they beat your pet down (you can throw a few dots {i suggest only using bond to keep your health up}, but keep your mana high). When pet gets down to 1-2%, hit ur CoS and break pet, lifetap him and then root the next mob in the pack you want to charm, charm him, root the others and attack the pack with him until he is down to 1-2% as well then repeat.

doing this is easy and quick and holds very little risk unless your charms break when you're pulling a pack and you haven't got them all rooted yet. This also requires you to keep a DS up which means stacks of peridots (I remember these mobs dropping dots too so it helps some). HOWEVER, NEVER (EVER) cast a DD spell (this includes that poison spell dot, it carries a DD on application) on any of the mobs you have rooted that you're killing. only DD your pet you're about to kill for xp, DDs = obvious root breakers and will get you killed.

This is pretty easy once you get the hang of it and you'll blast through those levels, not exactly sure what level you can start down there, but 56 sounds about right.

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Howling stones. Basement, north, west.

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah what autotune said. Deflux is the best tap to use to kill this pets as its cheap and has a very fast cast time. Cycle root as many mobs as you're comfortable with, set a 3 min timer for paralyzing earth and make sure your roots don't break... It gets nasty if you fuck that up and the roots all start breaking one by one.

Autotune
09-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah what autotune said. Deflux is the best tap to use to kill this pets as its cheap and has a very fast cast time. Cycle root as many mobs as you're comfortable with, set a 3 min timer for paralyzing earth and make sure your roots don't break... It gets nasty if you fuck that up and the roots all start breaking one by one.

yeah, i think deflux is the one that is a quick cast 330hp tap or whatever, that's about what 1-3% of their avrg hp i believe, might be up to 5% but if i remember right, some of them are higher level than the others.

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Awesome thanks Autotune/Nordenwatch!

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah usually kills em with even about 4 left, it's just real shitty if you break early and they're sprinting at you all hasted and pissed and you tap em down to 0... But they're not dead.

Zozo
09-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to note that if you FD to break the charm, feign death memory is ignored and the pet will regen health quite fast, med up and you can just keep him. If one of the patrols in Howling Stones zone in is undead you can sit on the stairs and FD, stand up np w/o CoS. I did 56-60 at the zone in and sometimes pit. With pats down you can just heal your skeleton and root/fd single pull the golems if you'd rather.

Nagash
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Burning wood giant fort with a rogue. It was twice as fast as any group in KC/HS/chardok/seb with my rogue from 53-58, and I bet it is still actually decent xp in 59 even with 2/3 of the giants being light blue.

Get out of my turf!

Nagash

Nordenwatch
09-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Just wanted to note that if you FD to break the charm, feign death memory is ignored and the pet will regen health quite fast, med up and you can just keep him. If one of the patrols in Howling Stones zone in is undead you can sit on the stairs and FD, stand up np w/o CoS. I did 56-60 at the zone in and sometimes pit. With pats down you can just heal your skeleton and root/fd single pull the golems if you'd rather.

Pet exp nerf applies if you do this though. This is why reverse charming is faster. Also an added point: if you charm and fd even without cos it's immediate memblur. Cos won't help, as your pet is undead anyway, but yeah it memblurs immediately so you can just guard him far away, fd and get up instantly np

saedain
09-28-2012, 09:28 AM
can anyone post a video for this please? would really like to see this being done

LordFresh
09-28-2012, 10:18 AM
when I played I would go fro 56-60 in permafrost basement. Plenty of mobs - very... very.. easy to kill. Just snare and kite them. There is a huge safe area to afk anytime you want. I would bind down there. When I needed to get out I would snare a mob and fear it and use my OT hammer to proc out.

It can be a bit of a pain to get down there... you need to run past the vox moving rock and use DMF and fall / levi down the fake floor. Some of the mobs saw through inside but you can just make a mad dash down there and FD the rest of the way. When you get down there you are set until 60. If you are worried about the ice giants just harmshied past thm and fall down the fake floor... the ice giants end up taking a retarded path to get to you and you can just FD them off.

azeth
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
^ 90% ZEM in Permafrost too.

Nordenwatch
09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
can anyone post a video for this please? would really like to see this being done

You can see me doing it in the game if you're willing to come to HS north... sometime after oct 6th.

Corrodith
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
HS basement til you get the hang of it, then learn to do north wing, then when you get to 59 get yourself a west key. If you're skillful, attentive to respawn timers (I keep two timers, one for respawns and one to keep track of my root durations), you will TEAR through the levels, and 59 especially will go ridiculously fast in west wing.

Autotune
09-28-2012, 01:37 PM
when I played I would go fro 56-60 in permafrost basement. Plenty of mobs - very... very.. easy to kill. Just snare and kite them. There is a huge safe area to afk anytime you want. I would bind down there. When I needed to get out I would snare a mob and fear it and use my OT hammer to proc out.

It can be a bit of a pain to get down there... you need to run past the vox moving rock and use DMF and fall / levi down the fake floor. Some of the mobs saw through inside but you can just make a mad dash down there and FD the rest of the way. When you get down there you are set until 60. If you are worried about the ice giants just harmshied past thm and fall down the fake floor... the ice giants end up taking a retarded path to get to you and you can just FD them off.

I'd have probably done this if I didn't do the charming thing. Reverse charming is just faceroll easy once you get it down tho.

Zozo
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Pet exp nerf applies if you do this though. This is why reverse charming is faster. Also an added point: if you charm and fd even without cos it's immediate memblur. Cos won't help, as your pet is undead anyway, but yeah it memblurs immediately so you can just guard him far away, fd and get up instantly np

Very rarely will you outdamage your pet if you put vex and cessation of cor on target. If uncertain simply add one lifetap to the mix. Sometimes I would root one golem and instead of FDing for a single pull I would just throw splurt on him. Once you get confident you can root 2 golems seperately and splurt them down while you focus another down. In fact I don't think I have ever not outdamaged my pet. Yes I know how the CoS works, I was just saying. Sure you can go down in pit and just charm things fd/root when health is low, then switch pets. But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.

Nordenwatch
10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Very rarely will you outdamage your pet if you put vex and cessation of cor on target. If uncertain simply add one lifetap to the mix. Sometimes I would root one golem and instead of FDing for a single pull I would just throw splurt on him. Once you get confident you can root 2 golems seperately and splurt them down while you focus another down. In fact I don't think I have ever not outdamaged my pet. Yes I know how the CoS works, I was just saying. Sure you can go down in pit and just charm things fd/root when health is low, then switch pets. But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.

Yes you will occasionally die. The benefit of reverse charming is totally worth dying every so often. Clerics made a fortune off rezzing me when I was learning how to do north. But it's still worth it. Also making sure you do more damage than a charmed pet is extremely mana intensive, why do that when all you need is one beguile undead, one root, and one deflux per kill? For reference: I did 59 to 60 in three days (8 hours a day or so) during the summer.

Zozo
10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Yea outdamaging charm pets is no easy task. Was only thinking about the skeleton for some reason. The FD when your pet is low and grab another to kill it works well, but you get that overconfidence going (I do atleast) and just keep recharming rather than chill and med to full.

Silo69
10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
But mark my words you are going to eventually die, from a harm touch repop or just bad luck. Howling Stones doesn't fuck around.

Welcome to HS enjoy your stay, this aint no hhk shit. You will die, and it is very un forgiving. You have to learn death is going to happen and more frequent than you are comfortable with. But welcome to the end of the line.

Silo69
10-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Clerics made a fortune off rezzing me when I was learning how to do north. But it's still worth it.

^uggggggh cleric on tap pls, gonna try something "new". Half a turn in the wrong spot and a sliver of lag, lol. Everquest Call of Duty. I hope you can dodge bullets son.

Silo69
10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
when I was learning how to do north.

There are 4 wings to the zone, each progressively harder than the last. North (being easiest) South, West and East(hardest) in that order.

you don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes

Silo69
10-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Also watch out for floor carpets/rugs in each wing as there is 1 trap in each wing which leads you to basement which can be nasty.

Bubbles
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
The truly lazy necro grinds it out in City of Mist to 59, simply to save Overthere faction so we are one OT hammer swing away from banking and buying food 'n' dots 'n' such.

:) There's so few places to bank in kunark as a necro i could never stomach the thought of losing VS faction in HS. You only need to grind to 60 once.. you'll need to bank forever.

LordFresh
10-05-2012, 08:19 AM
The truly lazy necro grinds it out in City of Mist to 59, simply to save Overthere faction so we are one OT hammer swing away from banking and buying food 'n' dots 'n' such.

:) There's so few places to bank in kunark as a necro i could never stomach the thought of losing VS faction in HS. You only need to grind to 60 once.. you'll need to bank forever.

Big Miley! Sup its Minten! hope your doing good

Bubbles
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Big Miley! Sup its Minten! hope your doing good

Aloha! always good to hear from a fellow gnome. :)

Autotune
10-05-2012, 01:53 PM

KC skelly basement doesn't have faction hits if I remember correctly (could have been changed by sundawg by now i suppose), unless it's a named mob.

Also, you could always tag along for TMO raids to hit those world dragons for your faction back too I suppose.

Bubbles
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
KC skelly basement doesn't have faction hits if I remember correctly (could have been changed by sundawg by now i suppose), unless it's a named mob.

Yeah, that makes sense.. I was more just pointing out HS is a definite OT/VS faction whammy. KC Basement and CoM are the two most apparent alternatives. Tbh i only really killed in Karnors on my ranger.

Unless you count beta, where me and a DA bard who's name escapes me did some pretty insane things with dual-charm n' harm all over LCY/RCY/hands/jail. good times.

Nordenwatch
10-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Fuck VS faction, now that they nerfed walking around in HS it's useless IMO. Also silo the limitation of necro soloing is west, I've tried south its nonsense in there, you can't charm shit and everything summons :(

Nordenwatch
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
The least I've ever done in south is duo, that was fantastic loot. Fuck east in the face that wing is fucking useless except for DS

Nordenwatch
10-05-2012, 02:55 PM

You don't need faction to bank in OT... You can pretend to be dead, remember?

Bubbles
10-06-2012, 07:26 AM
You don't need faction to bank in OT... You can pretend to be dead, remember?

Ask anyone who knows me. I'm two things: a leveling machine... and the laziest player ever. For me it was worth it to not hassle with feign flopping, etc.. hell half the time when i'm running from one zone to the next i'm browsing forums or burning CDs with auto-run on. Hell i had a levi-cloak hotkeyed simply so i'd stop drowning in OOT while camping dino and paying about 25% attention. /shrug. :)

Xadion
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Ask anyone who knows me. I'm two things: a leveling machine... and the laziest player ever. For me it was worth it to not hassle with feign flopping, etc.. hell half the time when i'm running from one zone to the next i'm browsing forums or burning CDs with auto-run on. Hell i had a levi-cloak hotkeyed simply so i'd stop drowning in OOT while camping dino and paying about 25% attention. /shrug. :)

Ahh the days in CoM :-)

Accedently trains entire zone and self with 2nd floor everything mobs...afk for about a hour...comes back /shout "oh shit! Ill get cleric to rez you all"...fast forward about 2hrs *random rez box* :-)

thing is...melded well with my lazy half there afk at work leveling stupid sk slow as hell timeframes :)

where u been!

Bubbles
10-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Ahh the days in CoM :-)

Accedently trains entire zone and self with 2nd floor everything mobs...afk for about a hour...comes back /shout "oh shit! Ill get cleric to rez you all"...fast forward about 2hrs *random rez box* :-)

thing is...melded well with my lazy half there afk at work leveling stupid sk slow as hell timeframes :)

where u been!

Laf. yeah, and yet CoM was still an easier spot to convince a cleric to come rez than HS by far.

Those were good times.. I swear I only caused maybe 5% of those awesome trains. Its just that me, Slippery, Bisch, and Denron were all feigners so whenever the chuckleheads of the day were failing at pulling reavers, we were the only ones alive to shout "TRAIN".. hell most of the times the poor groups werent even aware instant death was homing in on them lol.

As for where i've been, got a new job, moved, and been working like mad without any time for EQ hijinx. But I've freed up a little time to play here and there now. :)