PDA

View Full Version : Autotune, Necrious, all great Necromancers of our server, one of your own seeks help

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:04 PM
An evil, traitorous brother of ours, Silo69, speaks of a solo plat farming camp even more lucrative than seafury isle, but refuses to share his knowledge.

Do any of you know of such a place?

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
There's a ton of camps better than seafuries... PLing is faster.

diplo
09-26-2012, 11:07 PM
furies are terrible, but then again i think everything is terrible once u duo fungi king.

Hagglebaron
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
There's a ton of camps better than seafuries... PLing is faster.

I thought seafuries were as good as it got. Where are these best places?

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:12 PM
If he means straight plat (vendor loot for cash) seafuries are probably best, but even hs north is better for money as long as you're willing to log onto your mule when someone PMs you. Mask of wurms 800 muci girdle 1.5k addy club 7k. And they drop like candy

Autotune
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Boom! Named dropped before Necrious. Like a boss!

I haven't played in a long ass time, but I do remember seafuries being crap for plat post kunark (especially when the druid corrupted mobs were put in) and mostly due to the drop table changes they seemed to have experienced (same with dino inheriting seafury drops on top of his own, basically flooding his table with shit drops)

Give me a few to remember what I was doing for plat. I know a good bit of my time was spent solo clearing Karnor's and most of the named spawns, but it was definitely not a hot spot for plat farming (but probably better than seafuries lol.)

Autotune
09-26-2012, 11:15 PM
If he means straight plat (vendor loot for cash) seafuries are probably best, but even hs north is better for money as long as you're willing to log onto your mule when someone PMs you. Mask of wurms 800 muci girdle 1.5k addy club 7k. And they drop like candy

Yeah, HS is pretty easy as well for a necro (especially if you had faction back when I was playing, think this was changed recently tho).

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:18 PM
I think if you could get seafurie isle to yourself it'd be fantastic money, but the amount of competition and dickheads on that fucking island makes me want to train quag into quaffing wizards... Haven't been there since level 55 or so.

Nordenwatch
09-26-2012, 11:20 PM
The hole is also a fairly good place to solo for money, the loam is great and there's lots of undead to charm as long as you're ballsy enough to root camp or mana skin train down to the undead areas.

Safon
09-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks Autotune/Nordenwatch :)

Silo69
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
An evil, traitorous brother of ours, Silo69, speaks of a solo plat farming camp even more lucrative than seafury isle, but refuses to share his knowledge.

Do any of you know of such a place?

no honor amongst thieves

# 1 i told you in the previous thread no

do i want every hybrid lvl 50+ necro.mage.bard.enchanter to swarm my spot making it un playable?

#2 you dont even have the faction for it, i know your an ikky. Youd have to do hours of faction work for it to even be profitable for you.

#3 this is a public forum

Now to really get your brain moving, do you even know how much plat per hour your hero is capable of? Do you believe that a hero can reach up to 2,000 raw plat per hour?

Powerlvling ins good money i get asked all the time for 1kpp per hour, i usually decline'

the internet is your friend, so is wayback machine

do some research you ll find what you seek

but if i teach you how to do my job, my alts will starve

its basic survival bro, deal with it?

Autotune
09-27-2012, 01:00 AM
he said hero... i believe nothing he says.

btw 2000 plat an hour = 33p 33g 33s 33c a minute or about 56 gold a second. That would mean you would have to be doing something pretty damn amazing to loot that kind of raw plat. Hill Giants in rathe mts could be possible if you were lucky and had the vp staff and the necro epic and no one else were doing them (unlikely but feasible for an hour), but you mentioned needing faction to get to where you're at. Only other place I can think of would be those guards in HHK or whatever, but that involves selling trashloot means not raw plat from looting.

unless you just pulled that out of your ass and by raw plat you mean not raw and having to sell junk to even up the difference or by hour you mean time not spent waiting on respawns or running around or doing anything other than looting... yeah, if you only count the time it takes to loot and add all those times up to an hour maybe... idk i still doubt it.

btw #2, hillgiants in rathe and guards in HHK are both decent plat making spots that are better than seafuries lol (hell, i'd imagine that oasis spectres are better than seafuries now if you're killing them all and running the scythes/gems to the gyps during down times).

Reyan
09-27-2012, 02:54 AM
oooh the "great" autotune when asked an actual question shows they don't actually know all that much :D

Silo69
09-27-2012, 03:12 AM
should i have used, "toon", "sprite", "avatar", "character", srsly think im gonna spill beans on an open forum. Lol gl hf, dont h8

it requires some thinking outside the box, once its all set up, i can set my egg timer to it. Or do you prefer "stop watch".

As vin diesel said.. "it dosent matter if you farm 2000 plat an hour, raw plat is plat."

Silo69
09-27-2012, 03:12 AM
autotoon

c u r amazing

Autotune
09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
oooh the "great" autotune when asked an actual question shows they don't actually know all that much :D
I've never really had to farm for plat post kunark. I actually never had to farm plat much prior to kunark either. I just duo'd/solo'd much of lower guk and sold drops here and there, which is mostly what I did in kunark.

should i have used, "toon", "sprite", "avatar", "character", srsly think im gonna spill beans on an open forum. Lol gl hf, dont h8

it requires some thinking outside the box, once its all set up, i can set my egg timer to it. Or do you prefer "stop watch".

As vin diesel said.. "it dosent matter if you farm 2000 plat an hour, raw plat is plat."

well technically (by that), raw plat is just plat. saying raw plat just means you're an idiot.

Picked
09-27-2012, 11:59 AM
I think if you could get seafurie isle to yourself it'd be fantastic money, but the amount of competition and dickheads on that fucking island makes me want to train quag into quaffing wizards... Haven't been there since level 55 or so.

What is it with Necros hating Wizards? Necros are basically the best class for soloing efficiency and production. Yet you are hating on a class who has to med 12-15 minutes for 4 mobs. Not to mention rounding them up and prepping them for a quad lol get over yourself already.

Could this necro be thinking about somewhere in Chardok? It requires faction work to be able to move to desired camps.

Autotune
09-27-2012, 12:05 PM
What is it with Necros hating Wizards? Necros are basically the best class for soloing efficiency and production. Yet you are hating on a class who has to med 12-15 minutes for 4 mobs. Not to mention rounding them up and prepping them for a quad lol get over yourself already.

Could this necro be thinking about somewhere in Chardok? It requires faction work to be able to move to desired camps.

I doubt it requires faction work, but it would definitely help. Moving around Chardok isn't that bad as a necro if you know what you're doing and have the tools.

Extunarian
09-27-2012, 12:30 PM
not to mention rounding them up and prepping them for a quad

This part right here.

Ogre
09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
btw #2, hillgiants in rathe and guards in HHK are both decent plat making spots that are better than seafuries lo

#1 - there is no such zone as HHK. there's HK, and there is HHP.

#2 - the idea of farming guards in HK not for xp but purely for plat farming is possibly the most retarded thing i've ever read on the internet. enjoy your 150p an hour.

#3 - you've never actually ever been to HK, have you?

Autotune
09-27-2012, 12:48 PM

#2 - the idea of farming guards in HK not for xp but purely for plat farming is possibly the most retarded thing i've ever read on the internet. enjoy your 150p an hour.

not for plat lol, just what I remember people saying they killed guards and selling swords or whatever which was like guard farming everywhere I suppose.

but good EQ detective work, excuse me for not knowing the difference between hhk or hhp, ya got me.

Ogre
09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
if your primary reason is getting good xp that's one thing but anyone that would farm HK guards for pp and pp alone has a screw loose.

also didnt the op of this thread say he was level 60? or close to it? obviously bought his character + terrible at eq because this is literally his 10th "tell me how to play a necro" thread this week

Loke
09-27-2012, 01:06 PM
This thread needs Athiyk. That guy wrote the book on farming/soloing as a necro.

Also, my guess is that Silo's solo spot is the same one, or something similar to the one that Butch, Bossco and quite of few other people used to use. If I'm right, it is a lot like the old Oggok fine steel soloing that got nerfed. If you aren't familiar with Oggok, each guard used to drop 2 fine steel weapons, which could then be broken down into ore and sold to vendors all in a matter of minutes. I think at 50 I used to net around 800-1.2k an hour there. I'm not sure if the other one I'm thinking of also got nerfed, but if not I could imagine 2k/hr at 60 being possible. Go explore and get creative, a good spot isn't a good spot anymore if it is super popular, so asking on the forums isn't going to do you much good.

Safon
09-27-2012, 01:51 PM
if your primary reason is getting good xp that's one thing but anyone that would farm HK guards for pp and pp alone has a screw loose.

also didnt the op of this thread say he was level 60? or close to it? obviously bought his character + terrible at eq because this is literally his 10th "tell me how to play a necro" thread this week

Young internet detective

Picked
09-28-2012, 10:23 AM

What about Nobles? Do they have cash drops? I know they are considerably higher level, maybe they drop gems? HK guards was a nice cash cow when I was 30+ first real cash I made up to that point. Not something I would consider farming at 60, but hey it's steady cash flow

Nordenwatch
09-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Nobles are shit for money, honestly anyone who says farming FS weps is good money must be getting like 200 FS weps an hour, cause i dont really understand how that could be worth it at higher levels... and yeah Autotune there is no way there are enough guards in HK to make any decent amount of cash.

Peekae
09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
how viable would be farming stuff in the hole for loam pieces?

BigSlip
09-28-2012, 03:28 PM
oh great necrious oh great autotune

where are the best camps ?!?!?!

ty for not putting my name in the title as well. lol's achieved.

Autotune
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
oh great necrious oh great autotune

where are the best camps ?!?!?!

ty for not putting my name in the title as well. lol's achieved.

all you ever did was PL... don't lie.

To be super serious tho, I don't think me or Necrious ever had to farm much toward the end of classic and into Kunark.

BigSlip
09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Mechanics -

Sickle
09-29-2012, 10:39 AM
I charge 2k/hr to PL with my 60 Necro...Always have tells or PMs for sessions too.

/thread

Waedawen
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Probably the funniest thread I have ever seen.

Who the fuck farms raw plat?

Also, It's HighHold Keep and HighHold Pass.

Slave
09-29-2012, 01:40 PM

Wrong on both counts. It's Highpass Hold and High Keep. You'd think that if you were correcting someone you'd want to be sure. :/

Autotune
09-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Probably the funniest thread I have ever seen.

Who the fuck farms raw plat?

lol

Wrong on both counts. It's Highpass Hold and High Keep. You'd think that if you were correcting someone you'd want to be sure. :/

I'm just happy I'm not the only one who doesn't visit those zones enough to remember what the fuck they are called.

Psionide
09-29-2012, 06:58 PM
IDK why groups in the 20s don't go to Highkeep basement. There's never anyone there which means you can pull the whole basement down to the raiders and the goblin ears quest isn't half bad for xp either at that level. I remember back in the day on Live that place was always packed with players in the 20s. It was overpopulated to the point of 3 sometimes 4 groups in the basement. Not to mention you can bind and there are merchants and a banker right upstairs.

Slave
09-29-2012, 07:10 PM
IDK why groups in the 20s don't go to Highkeep basement. There's never anyone there which means you can pull the whole basement down to the raiders and the goblin ears quest isn't half bad for xp either at that level. I remember back in the day on Live that place was always packed with players in the 20s. It was overpopulated to the point of 3 sometimes 4 groups in the basement. Not to mention you can bind and there are merchants and a banker right upstairs.

And there is supposed to be a 150 ZEM (200% normal) bonus. Supposed to be.

Silo69
09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
i originally lvld off prisoners from lvl 8-12, then osargan static spawn near prisoners from 19-27, then lookouts, started creating my own groups doing gobbo's in basement from 27-36, then hit lguk

great xp zem

Picked
10-01-2012, 11:42 AM

I solo'd on my rogue here, started at 24 killing osargen up stairs and worked my way into gobby camp killing them more and more effectively with each level. Got to level 33 this way. After that the warriors/raiders became too tough to solo.

This zone is one of the best ZEM's in the game. And it would be unbelievably good if there was more spawns. Between every goblin spawn in the basement there is only 14 or 15 spawns. Not to mention they are spread so many levels. A group that is killing guards and lookouts for good exp isn't going to be killing raiders. There is such a difference in the two difficulty wise.

For instance a group of 22-26 can do lookout/guard rooms. But you need to be at least 28 or 30 to do raiders. Unless you are unbelievably twinked.

But yes this zone is insane exp. I solo'd as a rogue through my first hell level at 30 there in about 2 hours.

Picked
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about HK being empty. It's completely overcrowded as shit 24/7.

Killing guards sure, but not gobby's

Bohab
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Obviously the secret is bone chips.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Probably perma or sola durr