PDA

View Full Version : rude to vendor in solB?

lethstang
05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey guys I was hoping to get your opinion. For the past week ive done royals/bnb etc. Most times we would take turns gating to LS to vendor and running back in. It worked like clockwork.

Today im in royals, and after a bit i was informed id be kicked if i vendored during group because it was insanely rude. I...didnt know what to say.

Whats the rule of thumb here? I certainly dont want to be rude?!

Alleusion
05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I think it depends on the group make up...if the group is okay with it, then it's okay.

jilena
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
*shrug* it is rude. You are basically reducing the efficiency of your group so you can make a few plat but if the group is fine with it or everyone in the group is doing it who cares.

km2783
05-28-2010, 01:50 PM
If the group was okay with it, and I was encumbered then I'd do it. I always just ask if they mind if I go sell. If it's easy pulling and the melee's haste is refreshed, most don't seem to care :D

Gorgetrapper
05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd say those bitches who complain need to keep their mouth shut and do what they're told.

Adso
05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
*shrug* it is rude. You are basically reducing the efficiency of your group so you can make a few plat but if the group is fine with it or everyone in the group is doing it who cares.

+1^

Exp is much harder to come by than plat in this game. Being grouped and doing something that benefits you but negatively impacts the other players, ie wasting their time/diminishing the exp rate, is rude unless there is common agreement from the beginning that is the plan.

Just ask when you join the group if that is going to be a problem and don't take it personally if they say yes imo.

astarothel
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
People are there for exp, not plat. Stack your bags as full as you can, or be pickier about what you loot imo. Your carrying capacity/enc isn't the rest of the groups problem, and if you are a class where that Dex is needed, you'll have to just accept the fact you can't load up. In Solb you have to grind your ass off, the more mobs you get, the more you snag the more exp everyone gets. That dungeon is in constant competition for mobs so leaving to vendor is pretty bad form.

Akame
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
People are there for exp, not plat. Stack your bags as full as you can, or be pickier about what you loot imo. Your carrying capacity/enc isn't the rest of the groups problem, and if you are a class where that Dex is needed, you'll have to just accept the fact you can't load up. In Solb you have to grind your ass off, the more mobs you get, the more you snag the more exp everyone gets. That dungeon is in constant competition for mobs so leaving to vendor is pretty bad form.

Agreed, only exception is if you are MLing for a group, fill up, come back and split, rinse and repeat.

Arkanjil
05-28-2010, 02:47 PM
I would have to agree with others that is it frowned upon. When you are in a group you should be focusing on the group. I think it is pretty accepted that after you are done with the group, you sell whatever you made in the group.

Bruman
05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
I would have to agree with others that is it frowned upon. When you are in a group you should be focusing on the group. I think it is pretty accepted that after you are done with the group, you sell whatever you made in the group.

Unless you're in HHK where it's as quick as a bio break, yeah, frowned upon, unless the group as a whole agrees to it (like your group with porting to LS and going back in)

lethstang
05-28-2010, 03:44 PM
i just dont understand how its frowned upon when in SOLB guys, the roundtrip is literally two minutes. and if everyones doing it, youre making much more plat altogether than if everyone just sat in there without selling their FS. I think its so ridiculous ppl wouldnt want to rotate.

Loke
05-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes, I think it is rude, especially if you're a class which the group needs to exp. If a player I am grouped with makes a habbit of wasting my exp time to go sell, it will probably be the last that person is invited to group with me. Obviously certain exceptions exist, but generally speaking I think it is rude.

Gorgetrapper
05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Then I hope none of you people take the time to go get a drink, use the bathroom, smoke break, etc, because that's taking time away from YOU doing something in the group... Oh wait, that's the SAME as leaving the zone for a minute to go sell and be right back... Idiots.

astarothel
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Then I hope none of you people take the time to go get a drink, use the bathroom, smoke break, etc, because that's taking time away from YOU doing something in the group... Oh wait, that's the SAME as leaving the zone for a minute to go sell and be right back... Idiots.

Or go and sell when someone does one of those things? Not the same, sorry. You can 'have' to go to the bathroom. You don't 'have' to go sell.

Skaff
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Like many have said... its just totally dependent on the group. Most of the times (in solB at least) when I have had members just randomly leave to sell, it was a pain and it did halt the xp. The group eventually just asked the person to hang around because we mostly wanted xp and it was hurting our groups potential and they were fine with it.

In a similar event, I have been in real long groups where we would let people afk for a longer period of time and would hold the spot. The groups had been together such a long time and we knew they would keep on going. However, some people did have to tend to basic needs.... food/shower/ect. :) These cases, in addition, also had limited pulls in the camp (Oggok guards for example). So one person leaving really did not hinder us to much.

Tudana
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I always liked ML myself - but if the group dont care to assign one then I would not run off to sell.

imho - Best MLer is a druid (WiZ are high DPS), bind on the camp spot (or near it safely) and port, sell, gate back /split. all of 1-2 mins or cast time.

soup
05-28-2010, 05:20 PM
It depends how long it takes and how often. If people are getting mad about a 2 minute break every hour or two, that's just completely ridiculous. If someone is trying to go vendor for 10 minutes out of every 30, that's far more justified in getting upset and kicking them.

nicemace
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
i think its a pretty douchey thing to do. it ends up taking 5 - 10 mins, not 2 mins.

and really. who cares about plat, you can make that in your own time when you arent grouped with others.

if the group can get by without you, why should they invite you in the first place?

Atennu
05-29-2010, 07:43 AM
It is very rude. Especially if you are looting EVERYTHING so you have to vendor quite frequently. If it happens more then once every 2 hours i'd look to replace you. Sorry

vinx
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
The server has been active awhile, and there is ALOT of people who have multiple toons alrdy and have some bank, so most of these people are there to grind xp and will farm cash on their own time.

ML'in is fine if you set it up at beginning or agree sometime during.(preferrably a class that can be absent for a few) but to just do it on your own and asking to leave group every 30mins is rude.
If no loot system in place, just loot wht you can carry and vendor when your done.

lethstang
05-29-2010, 03:42 PM
when i say vendor in solB, its at the most once per hour, for LITERALLY two minutes. gate to LS, sell, run straighht back in. It does not slow exp. It does not waste peoples time. People are just too touchy.

I agree tho if its messing with exp flow then I wouldnt be all about it. Once the camps broken and youre pulling singles, there is no reason not to take turns vendoring.

Taxi
05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I agree tho if its messing with exp flow then I wouldnt be all about it. Once the camps broken and youre pulling singles, there is no reason not to take turns vendoring.

Unless you already got your gear and money from other toons and you dont care about other people and all you care about is that for 3-5mins tops your group is going to function at slightly less than optimal efficiency. Thats very rude to people that their xp will be slightly slower for 3-5mins once in a while, just so that people who roll their first toon can get some startup money, very rude indeed.

Shawk
05-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Group with people who aren't assholes?

FitMed
05-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Not everyone has several max toons or the time to farm plat. As long as you arent a loot whore and only once an hour or so (carry some bags with you) then I see no problem with that. People have to make money so they can progress, especially those that just started recently. If the group has a problem, try to work it out. If they still do, then dont sell and grind with them, you can manage not looting for 1 play session. Your next group might not have any problem with it.

Those that say it limits exp are ridicolous. 5 minutes of your time is not going to have any effect in the long term of maxing your character out so you can be the LEETest mamma jamma on the server. If you are worried that it hinders you, think for a moment, that allowing other people the chance to gain bigger profit = a stronger community of other plays which can influence a stronger gameplay with the community. Of course, that type of mentality is few and far between I guess.

And yes, taking bathroom breaks, shower breaks (never heard that until now but whatever), food, phone, or whatever else is the same thing essentially. You lose a member for a small amount of time. As long as it is ASKED before hand, there should be NO problem.

Omnimorph
05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately I say it depends on what your group makeup is. If you have one healer and they want to go off and sell, it leaves your group in a bit of a predicament. If you have back up healers etc. then I see no problem with it.

lethstang
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
what ticked me off was this.

i had been running royals for a good five hours one morning, i went LD, came back, and another member had reinvited everyone. Then him and his guildmate told me i was rude to vendor, and if i did it again theyd kick me from the group because "they were the leader now". It just put a very sour taste in my mouth, who DOES that?

Mleh
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
I agree with LS runs, I used to make my groups, pull, tank, and I would tell them "room pops in 5min, im seeling real quick". Nobody had any problem with me running my group, and I allowed the the same curtiousy.

To the guy who posted you need to bathroom and smoke but not vendor, do you feel "EQing" is more important than enjoying the game? I've had people tell me they don't loot because they're too weighted/full already - its RUDE not to let them take 3 minutes and sell.

Rania
05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
As a cleric who has VERY rarely ever been given plat for the dots I use in group, if someone thought it was rude for me to sell they can go jump ... it's rude to expect clerics to shell out their plat with no ability for compensation.

Hell if people can make 20plat back why not let them! As long as it's communicated to the group and it's not going to cause a wipe I fail to see the issue.

isdnelson
05-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey guys I was hoping to get your opinion. For the past week ive done royals/bnb etc. Most times we would take turns gating to LS to vendor and running back in. It worked like clockwork.

Today im in royals, and after a bit i was informed id be kicked if i vendored during group because it was insanely rude. I...didnt know what to say.

Whats the rule of thumb here? I certainly dont want to be rude?!

I think it is completely situational and often dependent upon the role we play in the group.

For example, as a druid, I will often volunteer to Main Loot for the group.

Why? Because I have 100% weight bags, I have invis, sneak, ports, and I'm not a tank, puller, main healer (usually) or generally will be missed if all goes well for 2-3 minutes while I'm outside the zone selling.

Whereas, if you monk is getting weighed down with copper, not pulling but instead looting, they is slowing down everyone in the group.

Likewise, I would never leave to sell if I was the tank or CC or the main healer I think. Why? Because that affects everyone's exp and safety.

I think that's the strongest case for using a ML and splitting sales. Pure plat and people aren't distracted, weighed down, or doing anything but getting what everyone likely came for in the first place -- EXP.

Taxi
05-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I think it is completely situational and often dependent upon the role we play in the group.

For example, as a druid, I will often volunteer to Main Loot for the group.

Why? Because I have 100% weight bags, I have invis, sneak, ports, and I'm not a tank, puller, main healer (usually) or generally will be missed if all goes well for 2-3 minutes while I'm outside the zone selling.

Whereas, if you monk is getting weighed down with copper, not pulling but instead looting, they is slowing down everyone in the group.

Likewise, I would never leave to sell if I was the tank or CC or the main healer I think. Why? Because that affects everyone's exp and safety.

I think that's the strongest case for using a ML and splitting sales. Pure plat and people aren't distracted, weighed down, or doing anything but getting what everyone likely came for in the first place -- EXP.

I think thats putting it more clearly than me trying to be sarcastic about it, but to me it was obvious that it was along those lines that ive just quoted. If youre whining for such a little discomfort to yourself and denying someone the plat he needs (obviously, if he wants it enough to go out for a couple mins and sell) then youre the one thats rude.

jilena
06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
*shrug* I think out of all the people I have ever grouped with on this server maybe 2 have said "I'm gonna sell real quick!" and had it actually take 2 min. I probably would never kick someone over it but if it was out of control I'd probably avoid grouping with them again if I could help it.

Sure if you are one of 4 DPS you can leave and it won't have a heavy impact on the group. But what if I, the sole healer, wanted to leave the group and go sell for a few minutes? That pretty heavily impacts the group. What if the tank wants to run off for a few minutes while we stand there with our thumbs up our asses? Seeing some of the gear some tanks have they definitely need the money... Even with my first char being broke and never looting shit because I prefer to be a good cleric and sit on my ass rather than loot, I never did this.

I also agree that sometimes you HAVE to piss. You won't harm yourself irl from not picking up 30 more plat from selling off some FS. So obviously the second is not neccessary.

Then again level 15-25 people guilt trip me over rezzes. I don't think I would ever ask someone I didn't know for a rez at level 18 or some shit. And the way I look at things if I personally don't do it cuz I feel that it's rude, it rubs me the wrong way when someone else does it. *shrug*

Omnimorph
06-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I think the only time it pisses me off is when there's a loot whore in group and no one else wants to loot, because it means the person looting all the time is spending more time running back and fourth to sell than is actually killing mobs.

I personally don't loot trash mobs, it's beneath me.