PDA

View Full Version : Shadowknight/cleric duo gear question

Roth
09-29-2012, 02:56 AM
I rolled a troll sk and I got a great weapon, a few decent armor pieces with high ac, and the rest banded. I'm wondering where I go from here... if I'm primarily going to be duoing(I'll be virtually the only dps), how efficient is each stat for kills/per hour? I can see why ac is the best for a 6 man or a raid. If you have other people helping you dps, there's no point focusing on dps at all. My problem is when I'm going to be the only dps, I'm having a hard time knowing which stats to go for. Dex, Str, Ac... how valuable are these in comparison to each other for duoing with a cleric?

Ele
09-29-2012, 03:25 AM
AC means the less damage you take the less mana the cleric has to use.
STR will increase your attack and damage caps, so the more the better.
You're an SK so you can keep aggro with disease cloud easily, not need for dex for aggro procs like a warrior does.

Sounds like your gear is fine for lower levels. Just fill out with plate gear as you go along and look for HP/Str gear to fill out the other spots.

Roth
09-29-2012, 04:08 AM
AC means the less damage you take the less mana the cleric has to use.
STR will increase your attack and damage caps, so the more the better.
You're an SK so you can keep aggro with disease cloud easily, not need for dex for aggro procs like a warrior does.

Sounds like your gear is fine for lower levels. Just fill out with plate gear as you go along and look for HP/Str gear to fill out the other spots.

Yeah, I guess I'm really looking for like a min/max perspective of str vs ac for duoing as a sk. I know it's a weird request but it's going to be really casual leveling, so it may take a long time to hit end game.

Swish
09-29-2012, 07:04 AM
I rolled a troll sk and I got a great weapon, a few decent armor pieces with high ac, and the rest banded. I'm wondering where I go from here... if I'm primarily going to be duoing(I'll be virtually the only dps), how efficient is each stat for kills/per hour? I can see why ac is the best for a 6 man or a raid. If you have other people helping you dps, there's no point focusing on dps at all. My problem is when I'm going to be the only dps, I'm having a hard time knowing which stats to go for. Dex, Str, Ac... how valuable are these in comparison to each other for duoing with a cleric?

Hey Roth... consider following the cleric solo guide down in the Classes (Priests) section of the forum. (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84305)

It features a solid amount of undead mobs, and having the cleric able to nuke as well as heal should speed up your levelling as a duo. Very time consuming to have just the SK on DPS later on.

Hope some of it helps you as a team, and check to see if you can get a Paineel key to farm the undead guards (no faction hit, not massive HP). A DE Innoruuk cleric can't get a key, but a Troll SK on CT might be able to :)

webrunner5
09-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Well DPS could have been worse. He could have made a Paladin. :p Yeah, we are not talking about killing mobs right and left here.

Roth
09-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Hey Roth... consider following the cleric solo guide down in the Classes (Priests) section of the forum. (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84305)

It features a solid amount of undead mobs, and having the cleric able to nuke as well as heal should speed up your levelling as a duo. Very time consuming to have just the SK on DPS later on.

Hope some of it helps you as a team, and check to see if you can get a Paineel key to farm the undead guards (no faction hit, not massive HP). A DE Innoruuk cleric can't get a key, but a Troll SK on CT might be able to :)

Thanks, I'll check it out.