PDA

View Full Version : figured i might throw u boys some incentive to get in on the RED FUN !

lite
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqaMeeRe-o&feature=youtu.be

Silo69
09-29-2012, 07:18 PM
coming from an old sullon zek, rallos, tallon, final merge to ZEK player...

no thanks i already had pancakes for breakfast

FansyTheBard
09-29-2012, 07:21 PM
nice vid

Kpkenn07
09-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Looks fun

Tecmos Deception
09-29-2012, 08:01 PM
OMFG.

Stop it with the red recruiting on the blue forums.

Tasslehofp99
09-29-2012, 10:02 PM
lol gg you guys lost naggy.

Hailto
09-29-2012, 11:36 PM
This video is supposed to be enticing?

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 02:42 AM
This isn't incentive. This is uncentive.

Stop it with the red recruiting on the blue forums.

If I want to PvP, I will load up Team Fortress. I play EQ to relax.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 03:27 AM
For some of us playing on blue is not relaxing. Its like being locked in prison, a prison for your mind.

Pvp Dude: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
bluebie: You could say that.
Pvp Dude: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a bluebie who accepts what they see because they're expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, bluebie?
bluebie: No.
Pvp Dude: Why not?
bluebie: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Pvp Dude: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
bluebie: The Matrix.
Pvp Dude: Do you want to know what it is?
bluebie: Yes.
Pvp Dude: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this zone. You can see it when you look at your spellbook or when you play /gems. You can feel it when you go to raid... when your poopsocking... when you get batphoned. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
bluebie: What truth?
Pvp Dude: That you are a slave, bluebie. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

http://i.imgur.com/RIIlr.jpg

You have no freedom bluebie, take the red pill.

Free your mind

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 04:41 AM
I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

(I know you meant that for bluebies, buuut. . .) Sounds like you and everyone who thinks like this could use a healthy dose of "get off the internet." I personally don't worry about the raid scene on blue because I more than effectively lock down, slow, and charm mobs and buff my mates as an enchanter. I don't need more loot than I have to do my job perfectly. Seriously, get in control of your life, and red dudes stop posting on the blue forums.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 04:45 AM
It's not about the loot Vermicelli. That is an assumption in your mind.

Its about the freedom to play the game any way you want to. Make friends and enemies to give meaning to whatever loot and pixels you invest your time into. That tranix crown means a little bit on blue. But on red, it means a helluva lot more. Take away the loot and levels, you get a reputation on red, one that you can be proud of and you can develop a character that is more alive. Not just a group member or guild member. People all over the world know who Fansy the Bard and Uncle Samwise are. They did it on red.

Or whatever it is you do even if you just run around newbie zones in raw-hide as a troll slaying level 5's. You can do that. One of my most memorable moments of EQ live was a troll on Rallos Zek in NK at the wooden bridge asking me for toll money to cross.

If you want to run around buffing people and healing them and saving them from pvp you can.

Its another option, another means of interacting beyond /say and /guildchat and batphones =p

Naggy is an event, the players attacking the Nihilum raid were more interested in the glory of the moment then anything else. They would be fighting the Nihilum even if they were doing something else. The Naggy raid was a place to make a stand and a point.

My main has worse gear then most level 20's at level 54. Yet I have had more fun and influence on Red, then I could ever hope to have on blue. Its not for lack of skill, or want, or patience. Its because I had a goal that revovled around more then getting to 60 and winning, I was Immersed. Still am, or I wouldnt be posting this existential crap )

Anyway have fun on blue, no one is forcing you to come over, I am just trying to illustrate in a creative and entertaining way why someone might enjoy Red.

To assume that I am a loot crazed hardcore neckbearded raider is a false assumption, you can ask anyone about Miria the cleric who basically gave Red Dawn the blue balls because "she" (shehe) "they" did not want to raid PvE.

The loot and levels are just a means to an end on blue and red. To see it otherwise... well your playing the wrong game and are missing out.

I think you may understand if your interested more in the group game and the challenge of pugs or hard dungeon crawls without uber gear. And that is fun, but the chance encounters with other players on a red server can lead to much more complex and interesting human interactions then any AI froglock could.

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 04:51 AM
(I know you meant that for bluebies, buuut. . .) Sounds like you and everyone who thinks like this could use a healthy dose of "get off the internet." I personally don't worry about the raid scene on blue because I more than effectively lock down, slow, and charm mobs and buff my mates as an enchanter. I don't need more loot than I have to do my job perfectly. Seriously, get in control of your life, and red dudes stop posting on the blue forums.

the butthurt bregan has bestowed

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 05:00 AM
hanus

Absolutely, the community is why no one plays on Red; also why the developers don't bother to work on Red.

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 05:02 AM
u mad as fuck huh

JenJen
09-30-2012, 05:04 AM
community on red is a lot more friendly than blue. thats just fact and coming from a former blue. 99% is all in jest. compare that to the butthurt whining from the blue guilds....i rest my case

Vermicelli
09-30-2012, 05:08 AM
I like being a bluebie.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Thats cool we totally respect your opinion. :cool:

Morpheus would have totally handed Neo the blue pill no questions asked if Neo asked for it. But the movie would have been cut short and boooorring lol...

Motec
09-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Problem with red isnt red, its red players.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 05:37 AM

I don't have any problems with blue players, I would like all of you to give red a try and get to know me, and Red Dawn in game. I understand blue players.

For I was once a blue player, I was the same then as I am now, except now... well now I play on red and I slay my groups and guilds enemies =) (sometimes they get me)

I help the random noob with quests. And I randomly kill elves who dont belong in steamfont. I run accross the world and give them stuff, because I want them to stay and chat or fight!

All we are asking is that you give us a chance, open your minds and try to understand us. We want to share our experiences with you and hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Tasslehofp99
09-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Ummmmmmmmm....

The "Fansy the bard" on red is not the real fansy from back on live.

Swish
09-30-2012, 08:39 AM

This thread is another fine example of that... and until a big change on red happens regarding PvE levelling for 50 levels its really not going to attract many people.

Nordenwatch
09-30-2012, 02:10 PM
not going to lie this seems fun, but the problem is getting to that stage. I have no interest in not being able to tab out to med while grinding exp cause some asshole will come stab me to take my money :(

dragonfists
09-30-2012, 02:36 PM
ya sorry i play eq for the pve only

pvp servers were never big in comparison with pve servers for a reason.. sure some will like eq pvp but really there's better games if you want pvp

Peekae
09-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Still the only problem i would have with rolling red is that i would have to solo for 46 levels.

Even as a caster that will be god awful boring after awhile with the only other people leveling being Red Dawn / Nihilum alts.

I have a few alts in the 20's i still play on red but can' only solo for so long before i get burned out.

Scratch&Sniff
09-30-2012, 02:38 PM
not going to lie this seems fun, but the problem is getting to that stage. I have no interest in not being able to tab out to med while grinding exp cause some asshole will come stab me to take my money :(

tbh this prob wont happen till your 45+ every person i met below those levels just wants to group for exp.

the first person on the server to kill you will be chewie, he likes to welcome everyone who gets in his level range with a warm ogre hug. but prob want get to have fun with him till your at least 35, yeah, the grind can be slow and boring on red, but heck it can be on blue too, and theres no exp bonus. the bonus makes the levels fly by, and it really is a new day on red, ass holes being found out, Honor and Glory can be yours.

Take the red pill
True roleplaying awaits you

FansyTheBard
09-30-2012, 03:33 PM
The first minutes of this vid are a perfect example why blue players hatin FTE should join red99

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 04:04 PM
This thread is another fine example of that... and until a big change on red happens regarding PvE levelling for 50 levels its really not going to attract many people.

?

too much exp?

not enough?

Hailto
09-30-2012, 04:08 PM
You guys have no shame

Silo69
09-30-2012, 04:26 PM
played live, rallos, tallon, sullon zek 1-60, then merged with ZEK

played on red to lvl 16, found, was lfg in oasis... got a tell, showed up, my own group pked me twice, till communication was cleared up

got pkd by a rival group

lvling 1-60 on a pvp server with a pop of 60....

lol no thanks delete the server pls

Scratch&Sniff
09-30-2012, 05:05 PM
played live, rallos, tallon, sullon zek 1-60, then merged with ZEK

played on red to lvl 16, found, was lfg in oasis... got a tell, showed up, my own group pked me twice, till communication was cleared up

got pkd by a rival group

lvling 1-60 on a pvp server with a pop of 60....

lol no thanks delete the server pls

you body is not ready, take the blue pill

mostbitter
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
yeah don't play on red if you aren't smart enough to know better than to trust a stranger

Silo69
09-30-2012, 05:16 PM
you body is not ready, take the blue pill

ROFLMAO pls noob, u dont know what item loot is, you dont know what 1-60 flagged pvp in any zone is... get on my past lvl...

60 people server wide 90% 46+

lol no thanks again burn server or keep all the forever aloner asshots together in a tit nit group

mostbitter
09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
yeah get on this guys level and forget how to spell, talk about classic pvp and non classic pvp at the same time without any real knowledge of what the environment on red is like, cus u left after a day of work and considered your knowledge to be at master level

FansyTheBard
09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Bros, join Red99 and you too can play a 60 pop server where 80% of players are in the same zerg guild (Nihilum).

Join us today and be a complete no-lifer who plays EQ for literally 14 hours a day and takes marching orders from an infertile ~400 pound burrito-jockey named Supreme.

You can then proceed to gank pickup groups of ~3 or so people that are not in Nihilum on the server with 16 fellow over-geared neckbeards and beat your chests about how "uber" you are meanwhile wondering why there aren't lines that go for miles to join your shitty zerg guild's sandbox server.

clueless poster is clueless

Swish
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
If I went to R99 I'd be the pvp champ within 2 months or so, but there's no fun in doing the 1-50 PvE solo. Until something changes, you guys can have the title.

mostbitter
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
probably much more entertaining to level to 60 and then level another toon to 60 and then another until you have one of each class and nothing to do with them but sit and wait for mobs to spawn with 1/100 chance at drops

Jerin
09-30-2012, 08:30 PM
The only thing i get from that video, is confirmation of how irritating
and annoying Vent/TS/whatever must be.

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Make pals, get friends, get in groups and afk all you want without getting backstabbed.

Can't tell you how many afk's ive had in guk grouped or not anyway...

But yeah if you dont like the chance of dieing to anything but a blue server train or your mobs pathing over you due to AI, stay on blue.

Red is not inherently more risky, your body and mind must be ready, and once you can hack it you will be at the next level. I probably die less on red then blue due to generally red players being a little bit better at the game *in general (less real newbies, most people know the mechanics real well) and people being more cautious 1-60. Also the xp loss from pvp death is fairly trivial, particularly 1-50. (Yeah lots of genrelizations but whatever...)

Cant be afraid of pixel death...

Fear is the mind killer.

Blue still a prison for your mind. Living in percieved security/safety.

Silo69
09-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Make pals, get friends, get in groups and afk all you want without getting backstabbed.

Can't tell you how many afk's ive had in guk grouped or not anyway...

But yeah if you dont like the chance of dieing to anything but a blue server train or your mobs pathing over you due to AI, stay on blue.

Red is not inherently more risky, your body and mind must be ready, and once you can hack it you will be at the next level. I probably die less on red then blue due to generally red players being a little bit better at the game *in general (less real newbies, most people know the mechanics real well) and people being more cautious 1-60. Also the xp loss from pvp death is fairly trivial, particularly 1-50. (Yeah lots of genrelizations but whatever...)

Cant be afraid of pixel death...

Fear is the mind killer.

Blue still a prison for your mind. Living in percieved security/safety.

everquest always had poor pvp design mechanics, its just not there, things are too unbalanced

your system is broken, who wants to torture themselves grinding pve to do 2 secs of unbalanced pvp? lol enjoy your 60 player base pool 35 of wich are in one guild that have the poopsock necessary for the server. Deuces Neo

Swish
09-30-2012, 09:23 PM
There's too much BS with running into water to break line of sight, hiding behind things that should count as a loss of line of sight... not to mention a 5 year old laptop is going to zone slower than a spanking new PC.

I zoned into KC the other day grouped with a druid to evac to EJ. I zoned from DL to EJ, didn't even see KC... that's got to be at least 1.5 free wizard nukes every time I zone in somewhere :/

godbox
09-30-2012, 09:23 PM
community on red is a lot more friendly than blue. thats just fact and coming from a former blue. 99% is all in jest. compare that to the butthurt whining from the blue guilds....i rest my case

one look at red forums > this statement

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 09:25 PM
done even waste your breath talking to all the divinity / bda here. they've failed on blue for so long, still striving for that dragon kill.

well that + they skurd

godbox
09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
you sure got us pegged. how dare you im rolling a necro on red as we speak grinding to 60 farming plat gearing a useful class joining a guild then pvping your whole face off....................................
wait a sec you almost got me on red! im not fallin for it

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 09:29 PM
what

Silo69
09-30-2012, 10:48 PM
no join red 99 so our low lvl 19 24 34 lvl twinks full geared can blind/root you while letting the mob finish you off for an experience death. While spamming SODANSO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! in /shout /global all forms of communicaiton. Then posting on the forums with screenshots calling themselves PVP CHAMPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

/lol id rather play ezserver and start at lvl 1 with my epic :D

runlvlzero
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Silo69 wtb 2012 post count update to 51. Probably a dedicated LOZ player tbh if he's mad about loosing on red99 to gear and cooperation.

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 11:02 PM
what a biased opinion for a person whos never even tried it.

hurr dee durr

Kevynne
09-30-2012, 11:19 PM
red community= 10x better tyhen blue community

mostbitter
10-01-2012, 01:00 AM
No one from the red server in this thread is from nihilum. Jibeken doesn't play there anymore. All the twinks i've run into on red have let me hitch a ride off their hard work. I think it's because the dingalings have moved on and the people left on the server actually want more people to play.

feel free to contribute more excuses and play soft core everquest thinking you're a better player because you can afk without logging out or choosing a good location

Arclanz
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Looks like a first grade school yard with spastic kids running around.

lite
10-01-2012, 12:59 PM
we provide a lot of assistnace to low levels we see rolling around :)

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
we provide a lot of assistnace to low levels we see rolling around :)

Holy shit assistnace Bamzal, GET ON THIS NOW!

Looks like a first grade school yard with spastic kids running around.

Dood, best time of your life, no adult worries, those new pog things were frickin cool as hell and mommy packed a great lunch. Whats not to like? I mean fuck I was entertained by manatee's when I was in first grade....

Scratch&Sniff
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I think it's because the dingalings have moved on and the people left on the server actually want more people to play.

forreals yo

Woodcon Valor
10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
AWESOME video i'm only a few minutes in but this is really great, just goes to show the server is THRIVING

Picked
10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
AWESOME video i'm only a few minutes in but this is really great, just goes to show the server is THRIVING

Indeed! All 28 people who are logged in right now totally agree with you!

Karafa
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
there's 34 of us actually. My 2-10 kills in the few hours i'm on are worth it.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Ive been out eating dinner(with the unwashed masses). I know I have no affect whatsever on the server but if I log in it will go to 68!

Droog007
10-02-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm tempted by the exp bonus, the increased possibility of meaningful raiding, and I'm not afraid of PvP....

Now, if I wanted to goof around on red while I was playing blue at the same time - what's the best way to do that? I just tried to fire up a second instance via EQemu launcher and got some errors.

Peekae
10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
if you start EQ without the launcher you shouldn't get any errors. just the eq.exe or whatever the application is called.

I never use the launcher personally as it tends to cause more problems than its worth in my opinion.

EQ folder is most likely in program files > sony > everquest if you are looking for it

edit: Also this isn't a bad idea s the early levels solo'ing can be quite slow / boring when you have down time

Droog007
10-03-2012, 10:25 PM
If I just run [as administrator] EverQuest.exe I get an error:

Connection Failure

Could not establish a connection.
Please check your network connection or ...

bamzal
10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Holy shit assistnace Bamzal, GET ON THIS NOW!

That wasn't me that systematically destroyed the troll-dev by pointing out his illiteracy... That was TrollCall

Woodcon Valor
10-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If I just run [as administrator] EverQuest.exe I get an error:

Connection Failure

Could not establish a connection.
Please check your network connection or ...

that's ok keep trying it will work soon

Glorindale
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqaMeeRe-o&feature=youtu.be

If it was so fun you wouldn't need incentives.

Swish
10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Here's a typical day on R99, new player feels hated and gets chased :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m7_GJSWIXM

runlvlzero
10-04-2012, 08:35 PM
its more like 2 or 3 tubmle weeds ;p with much better gear and a few levels

filthyphil
10-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Red server was the worst experience ever. & it had nothing to do with the PvP. If you can stomach the players there you have a very high tolerance for idiots. The OOC is constantly back & fourth with "NERDY NECK BEARD FATTY UNEMPLOYED DISABILITY VIRGIN" remarks or E-Peen battles between Red Dawn and Nihilum. I made it to level 40 & didn't want anything to do with the server after that week of grinding & listening to you fucking morons. You would think a 13 year old game would have a more mature player base.

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaAgJrneFFY

serberlerssss perrrr verrr perrrr

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Red server was the worst experience ever. & it had nothing to do with the PvP. If you can stomach the players there you have a very high tolerance for idiots. The OOC is constantly back & fourth with "NERDY NECK BEARD FATTY UNEMPLOYED DISABILITY VIRGIN" remarks or E-Peen battles between Red Dawn and Nihilum. I made it to level 40 & didn't want anything to do with the server after that week of grinding & listening to you fucking morons. You would think a 13 year old game would have a more mature player base.

looks like ya made it to mid twenties.

sorry ur so butthurt

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF3SXy7W6qs&feature=relmfu

sorta old vid but seriously the funnest pvp fight i think ive ever been in.

edit: you can watch a few other videos ive posted on yt by clicking on sskape's videos. Not gonna post anymore because it becomes spam after a while ;)

filthyphil
10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I didn't bother to update the magelo after 26, nor the items. Fact is your server has 60 people peak time & part of the reason why is because about 50 of those 60 players are in 2 guilds that never shut the fuck up in OOC. My post above wasn't intended as a ragequit post I haven't logged in for over a month to red or blue. Just posted up a fair perspective of what the server was really about, promoting your E-peen by joining one of 2 guilds & making a total ass of yourself flaming each other in OOC.

Nordenwatch
10-08-2012, 02:18 AM
another reason playing on red doesn't really appeal to me: I'd have to join one of those two guilds or be hunted by both.

Kevynne
10-08-2012, 07:29 PM
not true at all. make a ne guild, or help FoH gain levels so there can be a 3rd guild!

mostbitter
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I didn't bother to update the magelo after 26, nor the items. Fact is your server has 60 people peak time & part of the reason why is because about 50 of those 60 players are in 2 guilds that never shut the fuck up in OOC. My post above wasn't intended as a ragequit post I haven't logged in for over a month to red or blue. Just posted up a fair perspective of what the server was really about, promoting your E-peen by joining one of 2 guilds & making a total ass of yourself flaming each other in OOC.

fact is the people you are speaking about don't play here anymore and you seem to have the wrong attitude about a pvp server. Best part is you can kill and harass people you don't like. Sounds like you just don't have that extra something that the pvp server requires. Like enough intelligence to put ooc into another window off the screen or type /ignore soandso

BigSlip
10-09-2012, 03:03 AM
lol pwnt

Aerist
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
red esrver has its ups and downs. It will always be a niche market, however I won't lie it would be interesting to see all the big blue guilds duke it out over mobs!

dredge
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM

Arclanz
10-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

runlvlzero
06-09-2013, 05:20 AM
124 pop and a new Zerg guild in force on the server =) Now is a great time to get in on the action if your bored with your 6th alt!

t0lkien
06-09-2013, 05:26 AM
fact is the people you are speaking about don't play here anymore and you seem to have the wrong attitude about a pvp server. Best part is you can kill and harass people you don't like. Sounds like you just don't have that extra something that the pvp server requires. Like enough intelligence to put ooc into another window off the screen or type /ignore soandso

Why the fudge does this attitude always dog any discussion about PvP/PvE on every forum ever dedicated to any game of this genre? This puerile (because it's fallacious) nasty elitism from PvPers is what kept me away from ever trying it. Why would anyone throw themselves into that mess of an attitude?

I was always thankful for the Zek servers on live because they kept a lot of griefers away from the rest of us. I see nothing has changed.

runlvlzero
06-09-2013, 05:30 AM
To prove themselves. The fire forges steel on the anvil of conflict.

It is a matter of perspective. From our perspective we see more challenge in PvP combat. Not to say that there is none in PvE (there is plenty) and of the same kind. But PvP requires a different skill set on top of regular PvE.

And a bit of insanity =)

So yeah we feel like its internet gamings Top Gun.

*edit and griefing is not something limited particularly to PvP. It happens on blue to. There is definitely more on red though. But it is certainly not a red exclusive issue. At least on red there is honorable recourse that you have control over. Powers in your hands.

t0lkien
06-09-2013, 05:53 AM
To prove themselves. The fire forges steel on the anvil of conflict.

There's the problem right there. Most of us don't have the need to prove anything. We just want to play. But if you enjoy butting heads with nerdie Alphas.... all power to you. I'm just glad it's on its own server.

runlvlzero
06-09-2013, 05:55 AM
There's the problem right there. Most of us don't have the need to prove anything. We just want to play. But if you enjoy butting heads with nerdie Alphas.... all power to you. I'm just glad it's on its own server.

Np, and honestly your welcome =)

t0lkien
06-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Np, and honestly your welcome =)

:D