PDA

View Full Version : Necro +CHA / -CHA

Nordenwatch
09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Is there an actual body of information that tells us definitively if necros are impacted in ANY way shape or form by having +CHA or -CHA? I currently run 19 charisma on my necro and it seems like it doesn't hurt my charm times or fear rates or anything like that, the only thing I can see it sucking for is selling shit.

Any input? I was motivated by the enc CHA thread to ask this.

BigSlip
10-01-2012, 12:31 AM
doesnt do shit for necros

doesnt do shit for druids either

Silo69
10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
go do some homework necro talk has posted how -cha has no effect towards duration of fear, it was always speculation and hear say. Surprised people still believe ^^

+cha helped for necros till the developers "tweaked" how necro charm works on p99

Auvdar
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
doesnt do shit for necros

doesnt do shit for druids either

Nordenwatch
10-01-2012, 01:50 AM
go do some homework necro talk has posted how -cha has no effect towards duration of fear, it was always speculation and hear say. Surprised people still believe ^^

+cha helped for necros till the developers "tweaked" how necro charm works on p99

When was this changed? Do you have relevant patch notes? Want to see it if its true.

Skekekke
10-01-2012, 03:49 AM
I've logged many hours with charmed pets in HS... I've seen max duration charms, I've seen 2 second charms...

My conclusion is that charm duration is random. I've seen no change with or without shaman +cha buff.

I'd love to see the formula behind the spell though.

=if(playerhastotakeamajorshit)(charmbreak)
=if(grouppullsmorethanexpected)(charmbreak)
=if(playermana<15%)(charmbreak)

I mean, does it not seem as if charmed pets are cognizant to surrounds and break at the worst moment ever? That's the risk involved with using charmed pets, and its why EQ is great.

Autotune
10-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Like others have said, CHA is useless now (unless buying/selling))

Slave
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
It was explicitly stated that Necromancer and Druid Charisma no longer have any effect whatsoever on undead or animal charm, in patch notes that I am too lazy to link.

Corrodith
10-01-2012, 12:07 PM
It definitely seems to affect undead lulls. I always un-equip my hand of the reaper before I cast them and it seems to make a big difference whether I get resisted or not.

maximum
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Statistics#Charisma (CHA)

Brad McQuaid: "CHA: affects amount you will be paid for goods by NPC merchants, and how much they will pay you; affects the saving throw on certain bard and enchanter spells (charms in particular)."

Autotune
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
It definitely seems to affect undead lulls. I always un-equip my hand of the reaper before I cast them and it seems to make a big difference whether I get resisted or not.

never worried about cha when casting lulls

Nordenwatch
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I should probably unequip tome of miragul and hand of reaper before I lull... Crit fails are so easy to deal with on a nec though. Feigning death works wonders

BigSlip
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Yeah wasnt thinking about luls. Not really sure about those but id assume it does take play.