PDA

View Full Version : Question about Necro pets 53+

Dotjuu
10-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Effective use.

53- Minion of Shadow - Rogue pet
This pet is very nice in the damage department. I love fear kiting with it and it tears stuff up. In a odd group where we have pets tanking he seems to RIP aggro literally on the first hit from any other pet. Be it a Charmed pet or mage/skelly/ench pet.

56- Servant of Bones - Monk pet
Haven't used this one but does it have any uses? Is it worth the effort to procure this item for myself?

59- Emissary of Thule- Spectre pet
What are the primary uses for this pet? What DPS difference does it have between the 53-56 pet? Apart from a much larger almost double hp pool/Fear resist/ Higher lifetap.
In terms of damage is it comparable due to its lvl it is a lvl 47 pet + 1 if you have focus from Cazic.

Why does my 53 pet at full hp always pull aggro from another pet. But as soon as a player comes into effect it's safe?
Is it due to lvl/hp
Borked aggro?

Anyone that has experience with these pets/mechanics if you could possibly take your time to answer these important questions to me I would highly appreciate it.

Dotjuu

Negativefx83
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
You would be asking these questions!

haha j/k man.

-Salerno/Taldek

Nordenwatch
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Monk pet does less damage than rogue pet if its hitting from behind, but monk pet is much more resilient due to having monk-level avoidance and higher hp.

Emissary is a beast in comparison to these other pets, while the fear immunity is not actually in the game, it life taps for 75, quad attacks, and has a shit ton of hp.

You also have to consider what level these pets can be, level is a better indicator of damage than anything else as a pet that is similar level to a mob you are fighting will hit it a whole lot more. For example, at 60 emissary ranges From lb to blue while the rogue pet is almost always green, occasionally lb.

As for your question about your rogue pet taking aggro from other pets and not players: pets will never hold aggro over a PC that is on the aggro table of the mob and in melee range. If you walk into the mobs melee range regardless of how much aggro the pet has, you will take aggro immediately until you walk out of melee range.

Nagash
10-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Also to add to that, from what I remember from Live back in time (not sure if it's implemented here), the way aggro was working when there were only pets in a mob's hitting range, the mob would tend to hit the closest pet. For example, the reach of y shaman pet (at the time), was shorter than the reach of a mage pet so if both pets were in range to hit the mob, mine would be closer to the mob hence would automatically have aggro which sucked. You may experience the same thing here.

All threst regarding players and mobs being in aggro range is as Nordenwatch indicated.

Nagash

Autotune
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Effective use.

53- Minion of Shadow - Rogue pet
This pet is very nice in the damage department. I love fear kiting with it and it tears stuff up. In a odd group where we have pets tanking he seems to RIP aggro literally on the first hit from any other pet. Be it a Charmed pet or mage/skelly/ench pet.

The aggro can be from 2 things, 1) backstab (which any rogue can tell you is almost like a taunt) has high aggro similar to a proc (not sure if it acts the same on the pet as it does for a rogue player, but i assume so) and 2) proximity, on rooted targets the closest pet will get smacked (if it's players, the closest player will get smacked), with proximity, players always jump ahead of pets if they are in the attack radius regardless if a pet is closer or not.

56- Servant of Bones - Monk pet
Haven't used this one but does it have any uses? Is it worth the effort to procure this item for myself?

The damage you lose going from the rogue pet to monk is replaced with an increased HP pool and no longer loses a great deal of DPS from position loss (like when a rogue pet isn't on the back of the mob)

59- Emissary of Thule- Spectre pet
What are the primary uses for this pet? What DPS difference does it have between the 53-56 pet? Apart from a much larger almost double hp pool/Fear resist/ Higher lifetap.
In terms of damage is it comparable due to its lvl it is a lvl 47 pet + 1 if you have focus from Cazic.

The 59 spectre pet is mainly used for raid target dps (it doesn't get 1shot by *MOST* AEs), aside from that, there aren't many reasons to use it in a normal group.

Why does my 53 pet at full hp always pull aggro from another pet. But as soon as a player comes into effect it's safe?
Is it due to lvl/hp
Borked aggro?

again, this is because of proximity aggro that is why it switches from pet to player. Mobs always attack a PC if they are in range before attacking a pet.

Mobs *basically* check like this when rooted: 1 - Closest player, 2 - any player, 3 - closest pet, 4 - any pet.

this means pets that have a small hit box and small attack radius have to get closer than any pet with a large radius and large hit box, thus meaning they are more likely to get attacked over the pet that is further away, regardless of how much aggro they are producing.

Anyone that has experience with these pets/mechanics if you could possibly take your time to answer these important questions to me I would highly appreciate it.

Dotjuu

no prob.

Dotjuu
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks for all the information I believe that answered my questions fully. In terms of preference for soloing lower lvl mobs. 59 pet = best? or does the monks avoidance outshine the 59 pet?

Autotune
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the information I believe that answered my questions fully. In terms of preference for soloing lower lvl mobs. 59 pet = best? or does the monks avoidance outshine the 59 pet?

if you're going to be in the zone for awhile, the 59 pet is better. His dps is fine and he has a much greater health pool, which means he can take a beating from a few mobs with no probs where a monk pet might get swarmed and die in an instant.

Bohab
12-13-2012, 10:56 AM
bit of an old thread but I have a question regarding the rogue pet...

I was cycling pets to get my highest dmg pet earlier today and while testing damage I noticed my pet was backstabbing the npc with no pierce in mainhand. I've always gave my pet a dagger but it appears that isn't necessary to backstab? Can I give my pet two swords and he will still backstab??

Thanks!

Dokuton
12-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Yeah he will backstab no matter what, with or without a weapon.

Zozo
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
EOT is your tank. He has a ton of hitpoints, if you are going to do some dungeon crawling he is the best option. Only time I ever use the monk is if I am out of peridots. They say that the monk pet does more damage, but if the spectre out lifetaps him it has potential for more damage.

SamwiseRed
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
i would use EoT no matter what, looks so damn cool