PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the red whoring

Vicatin
10-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Can we just make 2 separate forums for the blue and red server, or make you choose which forums u can post in and which are read-only? I think I speak for many when I say the constant nagging or "you wouldn't have that issue if u played on red" posts are tiresome.

I have zero interest playing on a PvP server, with crazy exp bonuses, and with 60 people.

/rant off.

Skekekke
10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Fueling the fire bro.

Sirken
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
you can add members to your ignore list and u will not have to see posts by people u think are dumb ;)

Vicatin
10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
you can add members to your ignore list and u will not have to see posts by people u think are dumb ;)

Hey good idea. Will start doing that.

PizzaHutDelivers
10-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I do not see the problem with the pvp people trying to get more people on their server. Ours is so top heavy at the moment. Would be perfect if the populations were split half and half. I am already too casual for blue. It has taken me 2 months to reach level 40 as a mage :( I bet I wouldn't last long on red.

Swish
10-01-2012, 10:02 AM
I do not see the problem with the pvp people trying to get more people on their server. Ours is so top heavy at the moment.

lol

Picked
10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
It does get old. Sirken's idea is good. Just start ignoring people! I can confidently say that you wont miss out on anything life altering from these people.

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I do not see the problem with the pvp people trying to get more people on their server. Ours is so top heavy at the moment. Would be perfect if the populations were split half and half. I am already too casual for blue. It has taken me 2 months to reach level 40 as a mage :( I bet I wouldn't last long on red.

XP bonus on red you would hit 40 in less then a week, probably like 4 days played. Without research and just grinding easy mobs.

BigSlip
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
maybe im tried of the threads of blue butthurt because only 1 guild is running things, leaving everyone else NOTHING.

K, be happy with nothing!

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Whats even more funny is the trolls over here on blue posting multiple threads in their own forum, when we kept it to 1-2 tops. Cant wait to see each and every individual poster post their own thread complaining about red and red's forumites (which pretty much all played on blue and posted originally in blue at some point).

Lol... Keep it up guys, want to see more threads about us =)

PizzaHutDelivers
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Do you guys need wizards or enchanters? I really wish it was a teams server. Are there role playing guilds?

mostbitter
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
These blue guys are seriously sensitive trying to throw a nazi book burning party over a few posts

theguyy
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
If I played on a server of 50 I'd campaign for more people to gank to.

mostbitter
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Their spam wreaks of desperation, but I don't blame them. I leveled a Wizard to 24 on Red less than a month ago and I didn't even see ONE other player in any of the zones I was in the entire time. I was in Faydwer 'till 17 and not one single person in Crushbone, Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark EVER.

Moved to Antonica at 17 and the same story. It's like playing on a test server.

Who the fuck wants to play on a 50 pop server? Much less one where one zerg guild is 80% of the population, that leaves you about 10 other people to potentially group with, spread across levels 1-60.

Have fun with that.

played a year ago yet posts about the server as if he played yesterday

Picked
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
These blue guys are seriously sensitive trying to throw a nazi book burning party over a few posts

In the OP's defense, almost every thread that runs more than 2 pages has someone on it saying it isn't this way on red, or you wouldn't have to fight for spawns on red,

This and not to mention the couple of posts that seem almost daily....please come to red! We will give you free stuff and help you get started!

Ferok
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
In the OP's defense, almost every thread that runs more than 2 pages has someone on it saying it isn't this way on red, or you wouldn't have to fight for spawns on red,

This and not to mention the couple of posts that seem almost daily....please come to red! We will give you free stuff and help you get started!

This.

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
^^ 99% you gussys lol

What people arent allowed to have an opinion? Also lookin at the people trollin and spamming retarded threads, silo69 (wants bunch of unclassic features, forums not organized gud enough, mad about compass)... large ratio of threads in this forum are less relavent then the one joke on nihilum and the other single genuine red recruitment thread.

Cant handle the occasional opinion or 1 serious thread? Spend some time on red 99 to get your head straight and get some much needed rest and relaxation and pvp to let out some of that fustration and rage.

http://zionstrumpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/10-26-10-nice-cup-of-STFU-coffee-matt.jpg

Need your coffee in the morning b4 you leave RnF sections mates.

Lagaidh
10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Like I said in the joke thread, I don't begrudge any red99er trying to get more players for the server they want to call home... but I just think the well is dry on blue99.

There are a many of us that understand the difference to the game the pvp enthusiast loves, it's just not our cup of tea.

Woodcon Valor
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM

EXACTLY!

why dont you blue players TRY red before u go on a tyrade? server is RIPE for the picking you just need to STEP UP and play

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Yes and please post critiques in OUR forums we like them!

Kevynne
10-01-2012, 08:12 PM
whats really funny is when you play a soloing class and you hate soloing :P

godbox
10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
i feel like red pop has been lower since these threads started

Acillatem
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
It's not a matter of bluebie butthurt. It's a matter of respect. What you are doing is attempting to "cherry pick" players off our server. Every. Single. Day. It's no different than if I sat here and tried to lure players to WoW or some other game.

Less players for Blue99 is NOT a good thing for US, and that's why it becomes an issue.

Perhaps you should visit the old PvP forums (ie Tallon Zek Times for example) to attract new bloods rather than attempt to deplete Blue99 population.

P.S. I played on Tallon Zek for over 5 yrs. So I have been there/done that when it comes to PvP and feel my "tirade" is justified.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Lol cherry picking:

intransitive verb
: to select the best or most desirable
transitive verb
: to select as being the best or most desirable; also : to select the best or most desirable from <cherry–picked the art collection>
See cherry–pick defined for English-language learners »

I can tell you need to read a few more dictionaries. We'll take anyone who wants a hot meal on the front lines and a free bottle of wisky.

Likewise see all above posts and you dont have to read it. Ignore woodcons trollings and the majority of spam on these forums comes from your own forums. I would classify many posts here as not spam. Including yours. There for, I do not think we are "disprespectfully" spamming your forums. As if you were the boss man on this project. A vocal few do not speak for the majority. And tbh I think people are probably divided 50/50 on the issue you are bringing up about respect and were we can and can not post.

I just definately would not call it cherry picking. We could post in off topic. But red vs blue on the same project in my humble opinion (TM) is really not "off topic". We arent posting pictures of our kids, or baseball or football, or some random songs. Were posting about the same game run by the same staff, just a different server.

Dont fear the bleedout from blue anyway, its gonna happen reguardless of whether we say anything or not. People will burn out and want to try a new game. Theres nothing forceful about what we say. Kind of hard to use "force" through plain text free speach on the internet.

One final update that I feel is pretty relevant to the discussion at hand. I think its really important that unhappy people on these forums stay were their at. If your mad about us you definately dont want to try red because you will just have more to be mad about. Keep your insanity to yourselves =)

Gah one more... I really would advocate a well written sticky (possibly voted on by each community) advocationg the pro's and cons of each server =) Would be fair enough if the thread was locked and was not full of misinformation (people are mad on red and insane for example). <<< if people keep getting mad and posting nonsense about us I feel we have a moral and ethical obligation to try and communicate the correct information. Including in these boards.

Off Topic forum does get more reads tho lol.

kaev
10-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Has it occurred to you folks that it is your love for inflicting tiresome and annoying bullshit on others (of which these threads are an exceedingly mild example) that makes playing on red so wondrously unattractive? EQ PvP is like lowsec PvP in EVE prior to Factional Warfare: pointless, annoying, and profoundly unpopular.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Wearing a red uniform can do this for you:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1443615_o.gif

Hagglebaron
10-02-2012, 12:51 AM
While a post here or there letting blue players know their options is fine, the frequency of "come to red" posting is getting annoying. That woodcon guy needs a ban

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 12:52 AM
While a post here or there letting blue players know their options is fine, the frequency of "come to red" posting is getting annoying. That woodcon guy needs a ban

Very very much agreed =)

Swish
10-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Project 1999 PvP
Players: 20

Back to pre-Kunark off peak levels.... "thriving" lol.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
7am is always low on neckbeards were asleep from 6am-6pm sheesh

Pringles
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=26267

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Swampfeet =/ :SADFACE: