PDA

View Full Version : Necro/??

Mythdar
10-01-2012, 10:44 AM
So what would make a good lifelong partner with a necro? (not shaman)

Swish
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
A shaman would be a great partner.

Everlove
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Chanter or cleric probably... Druid adds some utility for you as well. Rogue/Monk is fun if you like killing stuff outside with plenty of room to kite etc... Shaman would be best though imo for a "life-long" partner.

Slave
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Necro/Bard was always a lot of fun on SZ, even for PvE.

Mythdar
10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
ya, not shaman.

Autotune
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
necro/enchanter works well, as long as you let the enchanter be #1 and you assist him while he dps with charms. Basically you play utility/healer/slight dps (best to not use a pet doing this either, especially later on with high dps mobs)

necro/cleric works well, as long as the cleric doesn't mind being useless on everything but undead mobs.

necro/shaman works well, they both can do their own thing pretty much when grouped together.

necro/rogue work well together on mobs that you can snare/fear.

necro/paladin work decent, like a crappy cleric that chases snare/fear'd mobs. (with a good paladin you can still snipe dungeon mobs with this duo)

necro/ranger work decent outdoors
necro/druid work decent outdoors

Necro/Monk works pretty well, better than any other melee and can do some of the easier dungeon mobs while duoing.

necro/warrior sucks
necro/sk sucks (slightly above warrior)

necro/bard depends greatly on the skill of the necro and bard. Can work almost as good as an enchanter with a few different benefits.

necro/wiz sucks for anything other than just normal leveling
necro/mage same as necro/wiz for the most part

I'd go with enchanter, cleric or shaman for my #1's

Nordenwatch
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Shaman is best without a doubt. Chanter is probably good as well. As a high level necro any class that can mr debuff is great... Even mages.

Autotune
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Shaman is best without a doubt. Chanter is probably good as well. As a high level necro any class that can mr debuff is great... Even mages.

yeah, endgame mage is pretty good with a necro. I imagine this guy is talking about leveling up tho so mage isn't gonna be that great.

pharmakos
10-01-2012, 11:04 PM
idk if its the best from a min/max perspective, but i had a lot of fun two-boxing a necro+sk duo on the live progression server Vulak.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 04:03 AM
ide say necro cleric or necro druid if necro likes to charm lots

necro chanter is probably the most intensely powerful duo

but clerics are nice for wipes

druids have their own utility/dots and can heal a pet pretty well if it needs it keep pet snared

oh yeah druids can port, which necro's cant do )

Halfelfbard
10-02-2012, 05:02 AM
I've duo'd just fine with a necro alot. And was wonderous exp.