Woodcon Valor
10-01-2012, 07:53 PM
The solution is simple

EXP bonus on blue99 = 0%

EXP bonus on read99 = 75%

population on blue99=600

population on red99= 60

Blue99 population DECLINING, red population RISING

join red, enjoy yourselves have a load off don't worry about the hustle and bustle of end game raidding on blue server, who wants to sit and wait for hours on a single target when there are dozens up at a time on red just waiting for you?

plus our gm's are nicer LOL :P

Mythdar
10-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Sir, welcome to ignore.

Purdee
10-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Sir, welcome to ignore.

Great idea, these posts are getting old.

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah woodcon is ignoreworthy, I heartily apoligize they thought trolling blue would be a good idea most of us know Sundawg (Woodcon) here is a "Dev" and a unhappy one at that.

TBH I would be more then happy (and many others) if you trolled him and the mods /locked delted/moved this post.

godbox
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
ur math skills are great.

Maze513
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Solution for high end raidding problems:

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1031097286-00.jpg

Peekae
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Clicked on thread to say joining red would solve all rotation / raiding issues as you could just fight over them. Then realized that's what the thread was about heh.

All of Woodcon's trolling aside you guys should give red a fair chance. If you can find a few friends to level together you will be 40+ before you know it and nothing quite beats some good pvp.

Lostprophets
10-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Woodcon Valor
This message is hidden because Woodcon Valor is on your ignore list.

/agree with maze.

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1233777377-00.jpg

Good for blue raid scene IMO because the uber guilds will have a bigger gap between newer and older content and be focus'd on keying for vex thal

Also Furries.

heartbrand
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Say what you want about luclin but AA's give people a reason to keep on grinding and improving their character.

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I liked all expac up throup pop, even GOD, TSS broke my heart when they went to ranked spells and tiered content.

All the xpacs between GoD-TSS were just there to try and catch people up to GoD so their kind of irrelevant. Though a few came with some nice features.

GoD boss mobs were awesome as hell and cant beat the feeling of wiping out GoD end zones at 60. Just because nothing could get done with less then 25 die hard raiders on every night in that xpac. No cheesy 12 man sploity boss kills.

heartbrand
10-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Confirm GoD was awesome. Most difficult expac in eq history, underfoot being second.

Ele
10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Good for blue raid scene IMO because the uber guilds will have a bigger gap between newer and older content and be focus'd on keying for vex thal

Also Furries.

Never keying for Vex Thal again.

Then again I also said I wasn't camping Pained Soul again. :p

Lagaidh
10-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I have to agree a little... even though EQ through Velious created some of my warmest memories... I did have a LOT of fun from Luclin all the way up to TSS. The Serpent's Spine was the first expansion that I didn't care at all about but the expansion mattered in terms of "keeping up".

Legacy of Ykesha was the first expansion I cared nothing about really, and you could skip it by and large. I can't recall going there very much except for translocating. Memories get murky in there. Again. I didn't care for that xpac.

I had a lot of fun in Luclin raid content, my guild cut its teeth there. Pop was a blast as was OoW (if for no other reason we became strong enough to double back to GoD content). I liked a lot of what Dragons of Norrath offered, including Clawhammer! The weapon Lagaidh of Live is still logged with.

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah I think unless you rolled an alt and made it a point to go to LoY you missed out on that expac. It had 2 great leveling zones, but nothing that was worth an expac pricetag, and a few technical scripted quests that no one did because it took a raid force or something similair and at a level everyone was pretty much still grinding.

But Dulaks harbor, and Crypt of Nadox were really fun zones on my wiz, then later on random alts as hotzones. I did all my cleric quests and helped a few other classes do their 55 ish spell quests there. Had good times. Mobs hit hard for kunakr geared toons. The pirate atmosphere was fun. But way to small and compact compared to previous expansions it didnt feel like one at all.

Picked
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah I think unless you rolled an alt and made it a point to go to LoY you missed out on that expac. It had 2 great leveling zones, but nothing that was worth an expac pricetag, and a few technical scripted quests that no one did because it took a raid force or something similair and at a level everyone was pretty much still grinding.

But Dulaks harbor, and Crypt of Nadox were really fun zones on my wiz, then later on random alts as hotzones. I did all my cleric quests and helped a few other classes do their 55 ish spell quests there. Had good times. Mobs hit hard for kunakr geared toons. The pirate atmosphere was fun. But way to small and compact compared to previous expansions it didnt feel like one at all.

GoD was the toughest expansion. Lot of guilds met their fate in that expansion. LoY didn't bring much content wise, but gave us maps, and mounts. I liked the maps, but not so sure on the mounts still to this day.

philbertpk
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
give up bro. when are they separating the forums again?

falkun
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
GoD was the toughest expansion. Lot of guilds met their fate in that expansion. LoY didn't bring much content wise, but gave us maps, and mounts. I liked the maps, but not so sure on the mounts still to this day.

LoY gave mounts? My Holy Steed would like to have a word with you...

As far as fixing the raid scene, everything has been discussed already:
1) Participants grow up.
2) Reduce/eliminate variance.
3) FTE shout engage/"seek" mode.
4) More raid content (Velious).

I also think the greatest improvements would be made by implementing that list in numerical order.

Ferok
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Say what you want about luclin but AA's give people a reason to keep on grinding and improving their character.

Yep. Luclin had a lot of bad things, but AA's weren't one of them IMO. Mostly it was just the dreadful zones and awful 'improved' models. The encounters were mostly quite good, just boring because you were fighting a bunch of stupid lizards instead of cool dragons.

Ferok
10-02-2012, 02:03 PM

LoY gave playable frogloks and item dies (worst improvement ever). There was content, but few ever saw it.

Easily the worst expansion I've bought.

GoD was insanely hard, but also insanely fun. The raids started to have the sort of complexity you'd see in World of Warcraft (Molten Core, Blackwing Lair). But like, the super hardcore version.

Strifer
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
please see the enclosed thread to truly solve all raiding issues. its foolproof.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85356

Gwence
10-02-2012, 02:15 PM
how do you jump from god to tss? there was at least 4 expansions in between those 2 lol

Picked
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
LoY gave mounts? My Holy Steed would like to have a word with you...

Ya I forgot about those. And the raided mounts from sseru and emp. But for the non raiders and casuals most bought the Dino's leveling up

LoY gave playable frogloks and item dies (worst improvement ever). There was content, but few ever saw it.

Easily the worst expansion I've bought.

GoD was insanely hard, but also insanely fun. The raids started to have the sort of complexity you'd see in World of Warcraft (Molten Core, Blackwing Lair). But like, the super hardcore version.

Ya I could have done without the LoY expansion all together probably. GoD was very tough. We lost a lot of members in my guild and had to back up and recruit more and push through it. Rough times. Lot of people said eff it lol and a few guilds around us collapsed. Which made it easier to get the people we needed of course.

heartbrand
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
GoD / PoP and OOW also had really cool music that enhanced my immersion greatly

Slave
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM
GoD / PoP and OOW also had really cool music that enhanced my immersion greatly

So did Classic. I wish we could replace the bastardization we have now with beautiful MIDI down the line.

gloine36
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Solution for high end raidding problems:

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1031097286-00.jpg

This would solve the problem PDQ.

fadetree
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
/drool

the chick's kinda hot, too.

Bigcountry23
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Changing the problems is not the same thing as solving them. :)

runlvlzero
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
how do you jump from god to tss? there was at least 4 expansions in between those 2 lol

Read original thread, they were just not the same as the previous ones ;p

Actually DoN and Depths of Darkhollow had some good stuff, Depths of Dark hollow had some depth to it (and was very DnD ish). I think people have seen even less of those then maybe GoD and LoY. I think allot more people saw GoD content because the hardcore raiders stuck around to beat it.

But after those expacs wow was doing things, life was happening, and people left the game, I know I took a long break until DoN and came back briefly during that era. Then took another long break and briefly did some DoD

Dragons of Norrath (February 2005)
Depths of Darkhollow (September 2005)
Prophecy of Ro (February 2006)

Played very very intermittently post OoW, TSS came out and did allot of grinding in the above to catch up to TSS, did like 3 TSS raids and quit. I went to WoW because of TSS at least I got to enjoy WoTLK and some old school BC before cata completely destroyed it and the WoTLK patches that made places like ramparts easier (lower boss mob hp etc). Also the new "cata content" was alright and the old world reveamps, but what it did to dungeons by making places like BRD easy and blackrock spire a "normal" grind was bad. Also hindsight 20/20 they went too far with simplifying talents and taking diversity away from the classes. Yeah I derailed into a wow discussion but the OP was just trollin at least this is more interesting.

Lagaidh
10-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Wow I forgot when some of those came out- I know I paid for expansions up to the serpent's spine, but I really didn't play much after 2005. DoN was the last expansion I was still really, really playing.

I loved my Klandicar Clawhammer with a pile of slay undead AAs and Veksar. It was almost always a ghost town (heh) on my server. It was my personal playground and plat ATM =) Man I loved that zone.

Lagaidh
10-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Oh and I share some of your sentiments about WoW expansions. I thought BC was alright for a first expansion... felt like the original game with slight tweaks and a lot of new content. I absolutely loved WoTLK. I hit my WoW stride in that expansion... could come out in the top three DPS on raids- it was fun... until consumed. Then I was BORED! I didn't play much for months and let my account lapse. Then Cataclysm dropped... I was about half way through the canned content and on the way to the new level max... but they just changed how my class worked too much for me to want to relearn it for raiding. That's about when I found p99 =)

The commercials for Pandaria only make me roll my eyes.

I think it's a damn near impossible task for the stewards of any decent MMORPG to keep it growing in order to keep players' interest, and not destroy the game by accident. Some things seem like such good ideas until you release them to hundreds of thousands (millions) of players...

Skekekke
10-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Best derail ever IMO, also just popped my forum ignore cherry

runlvlzero
10-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Best derail ever IMO, also just popped my forum ignore cherry

Gratz

I think it's a damn near impossible task for the stewards of any decent MMORPG to keep it growing in order to keep players' interest, and not destroy the game by accident. Some things seem like such good ideas until you release them to hundreds of thousands (millions) of players...

That pretty much sums it up for me to. It would be nice if developers were small and efficient enough to cater to a few thousand or a few hundred instead of the "Millions" or 10's of thousands. It would be much easier to stick to the vision (TM).