PDA

View Full Version : Will non-classic "Item Linking" in East Commonlands EVER be removed?

Brogean
10-02-2012, 06:47 AM
I really hate item-linking. It floods the EC tunnel, and its not classic. People
should go back to telling you what the stats are on an item.

So if its Client-based does that mean this non-classic element is here to stay?

:)

Lagaidh
10-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Been sitting on this forum account for the right moment eh?

To quote John Wilkes Booth, "Useless... useless..."

Valiant
10-02-2012, 07:08 AM
item linking saves time man, why would you want to remove such a great imrpovement

sykotic
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
item linking saves time man, why would you want to remove such a great imrpovement

Compass is a great improvement too

Arkanjil
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I'd rather not see it removed, much easier on my eyes and easier to sort through a lot of the BS that people also put into their auctions.

Skekekke
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Selling 2 bags worth of wis gear at T1, hail to see bags

Ferok
10-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm sure it could be removed. While it is a client side improvement, all that text flows through the server, so the links could be filtered out.

That said, I'm glad it hasn't been removed yet.

feanan
10-02-2012, 10:22 AM
People who want item linking to stay in are probably the same people that give shit to the others who complain about the compass, target rings, spell groups, etc.

Just another reason you can't ever use the "but it's classic" argument here.

Arkanjil
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
People who want item linking to stay in are probably the same people that give shit to the others who complain about the compass, target rings, spell groups, etc.

Just another reason you can't ever use the "but it's classic" argument here.

Na, I'm in agreement and ok with those things being gone. If item links were to leave id be ok with it also. As it stands, since item links are still in, I enjoy being able to use them.

Dantes
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
By the time they figure out how to remove it, item linking would have already been added to the classic timeline anyway.

Vicatin
10-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Has there ever been a voting thread on classic vs the state we're currently in. I for one appreciate the classic feel we have, but with the upgraded goodies like the ui, compass, pet window, item linking, etc.

Its like we bought one of those retro cars that look similar to a 60s model yet has the modern things that make it more fun to drive, efficient, and easier to use.

Vroom vrooom bitches.

HawkMasterson1999
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Teacher, you forgot homework!

Ferok
10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
By the time they figure out how to remove it, item linking would have already been added to the classic timeline anyway.

Don't believe it was added until Luclin.

cyryllis
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
if item linking hurts your classic experience, I feel bad for you

because its one of those things that really has little negative effect and you obviously have run out of useful things to bitch about

I'm sorry that you would rather type out the stats of every item you have in EC. I remember EC back in the day... some people would just say bags at T1 etc, but others would make a MASSIVE flood of items for sale with EVERY damn stat listed for every item. Basically what this guy wants is to have to read through about 10x the about of lines in EC per auction.

Yeah...we all miss that classic read through pages of spam but seriously we have much bigger issues at hand, and although it was "classic" I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the player population would appreciate keeping it.

I really hate item-linking. It floods the EC tunnel, and its not classic. People
should go back to telling you what the stats are on an item. Your logic is terrible. Remove the item linking 'cause it spams EC...by making people type out every stat for the hundreds of items being sold it will somehow create less spam? Either you are trolling or you are really terrible at creating a sound argument.

Honest
10-02-2012, 12:24 PM
I like item linking, but even if it was removed, don't most of you know the stats of the majority of items sold in EC? On top of that every item is already available online on the wiki or other sites. Alt+tab hard to do? We're playing an old game here, it's not like their is a bunch of new content we have to remember.

Raavak
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
In the old days you had to put an item in the trade window for the buyer to inspect :/

Ele
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
In the old days you had to put an item in the trade window for the buyer to inspect :/

Then they would switch it out with something else before hitting trade.

That Manastone you were buying? Greater Lightstone.

That Fungi Tunic? Cloth shirt.

Splorf22
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
How about we focus on any of the millions of nonclassic things that actually effect gameplay? Like not being able to get weapons you give to a pet back, or all the nonclassically charm/mez-immune mobs in Sky, or the shaman aoe poison buff stacking with the single target one.

Slave
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
How about we focus on any of the millions of nonclassic things that actually effect gameplay? Like not being able to get weapons you give to a pet back, or all the nonclassically charm/mez-immune mobs in Sky, or the shaman aoe poison buff stacking with the single target one.

Or the big one. The V-Word that, once invoked, nearly always causes massive defensiveness in the developer community here.

Of course the acid test should be: DOES IT AFFECT COMBAT? The compass could easily be used in the middle of a battle to find the safest vector out. It unquestionably made escapes and maneuver in combat easier. So it fails the test. The same that target rings did. The same that pet control windows would if they could execute the changes safely.

Obviously item linking has nothing to do with combat and is a tremendous improvement in the evolution of gaming UI. Good topic, but a silly troll since these truths are very self-evident and only someone lying to themselves could see it otherwise.

Sirken
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
pretty sure that staff cant remove the linking for the same reason that staff cant force you to use classic UI or med into your spell books.

thanks titanium

Ferok
10-02-2012, 01:55 PM
pretty sure that staff cant remove the linking for the same reason that staff cant force you to use classic UI or med into your spell books.

thanks titanium

It wouldn't be able to stop you from creating links, but they should be able to stop the propagation of those links via chat. Don't certain channels already forbid linking, like shout?

happyhappy
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Jesus christ you people are easily trolled.

heartbrand
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM

thanks titanium

Responses like this worry me because it seems to imply that if they could remove item linking some how down the road they would, which would to the majority of players it seems, be a bad decision.

Slave
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Responses like this worry me because it seems to imply that if they could remove item linking some how down the road they would, which would to the majority of players it seems, be a bad decision.

But mention Variance and they start breaking their own legs trying to backpedal.

Nordenwatch
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Brogean for president

Lagaidh
10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Jesus christ you people are easily trolled.

Yerp.

Thulack
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Snakesonamuthafinplanelol auctions, 'WTS Mithril Breastplate MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM Slot: CHEST AC: 17 AGI: +15 HP: +30 WT: 10.0 Size: LARGE Class: WAR CLR PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG Race: HUM BAR ERU ELF HIE DEF HEF DWF TROL OGR HFL GNM | WTS Smoldering Brand MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 22 DMG: 9 STR: +3 Effect: Burn (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) WT: 5.0 Size: SMALL Class: ALL Race: ALL | WTS Serpentine Bracer MAGIC ITEM Slot: WRIST AC: 1 DEX: +3 AGI: +9 WT: 0.8 Size: SMALL Class: ALL Race: HUM BAR ERU ELF HIE DEF HEF DWF TROL OGR HFL GNM PST TY LOL'

Semi classic. Perfect for the server.

Clark
10-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow I hate you whoever posted this. They better not remove item linking. You suck for making this thread jerk.

Orruar
10-03-2012, 09:54 AM
The compass could easily be used in the middle of a battle to find the safest vector out. It unquestionably made escapes and maneuver in combat easier. So it fails the test.

Is this person serious?

Furniture
10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Slave
The compass could easily be used in the middle of a battle to find the safest vector out. It unquestionably made escapes and maneuver in combat easier. So it fails the test.

He is right although its not such a common situation, undoubtedly the compass has saved some lives before

gloine36
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey since this server has to be strictly classic we need the item links gone and the variance put back to the way it originally was. If the Classic Asses want to use "It's Classic" as an excuse to justify getting rid of things like the compass they have to accept the original classic stuff whether they approve of it or not.
Also screw the timeline argument. Anyone see Velious released on time? Didn't think so.

runlvlzero
10-03-2012, 05:28 PM
wouldnt be so bad if people shared databases and unclassic servers had classic expacs that work ;p (which they dont its bad out there on other emu's)

Visual
10-03-2012, 06:06 PM
selling shit is hard as it is

Hodge
10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Compass is a great improvement too

lollll what a good laugh.

Silo69
10-04-2012, 11:30 PM
create one npc, that acts like bazzarrr in plane of power... and we can see the true population numbers at peak hours....

server solved

tristantio
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
If they ever remove item linking it'll be good for the <a href="http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/">p1999 realtime auction tracker</a> website, as it would still show links (and give people more reason to use it)! :D

Swish
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
You guys are going so overboard with this item linking :(

Not one person has mentioned the Alt+K music player! I end up playing GTA2 radio stations on it and it's ruining my immersion! Please, please take it out! :(