PDA

View Full Version : Start an alt day? Anyone interested?

One Tin Soldier
10-04-2012, 05:51 PM
I've been playing around with a new alt lately because I still feel the pull to play. However, the low level population is terrible. There are a few people around but most of them seem to not want to group for one reason or another.

I still love the "journey" phase of EQ but without groups it isn't much fun and I feel my interest fading again. So it occurred to me the simplest solotion would be if everyone who enjoys that part of the game would all start a new character at the same time or at least go back to playing one of their low level characters on a certain date.

Um--so, how about on the 3rd of november we all start a new (preferably untwinked) alt.

Crazy idea?

Anyone interested?

I don't know but barring some action by the devs I can't think of any other way to revitalize the leveling portion of the game. Maybe this is hopeless.

Anyway, chime in if you think it sounds good.

PizzaHutDelivers
10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I am going to train the living shit out of you.

Ephirith
10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Hmm unless you're on during off hours or in some obscure zone, I don't think the low level population is all that abysmal. Even during the big dip we had a couple months ago I never had all that much trouble getting groups on my noob chars... you just have to go where the action is.

Be social, make friends, go out of your way to build relationships with people. This isn't World of Warcraft, a lot of your enjoyment in this game is going to require unwitting saps to help you do stuff.

One Tin Soldier
10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Actually I do play during off hours. Nothing I can do to change that either.

deneauth
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I have a level 14 Bard named Goodbye I have been playing recently. Going to log on when I get home if someone wants to group.

Ferok
10-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Popular zones have people in them. If you want to group at very low levels, you need to be in Crushbone (or a similarly popular zone).

Linda
10-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey all! new player here - used to play on the Veeshan server way back when and have stuck with EverQuest for a long time! I'm a MUDDer at heart, but I love original EverQuest. I'll be joining ya'll soon and just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great server! Any particular class you'd recommend?

webrunner5
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
There are plenty of groups in the popular zones. You are aloud to invite people and even start a new group!! And plenty of classes that can solo well. I don't see your problem.

Everyone should have at least two classes they play. One group related and one solo related. That way if not a lot of peeps on play the Solo class.

bulbousaur
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the server!

eqravenprince
10-05-2012, 12:20 PM
This makes me kind of sad that I have to go grind in only a couple zones. I use to have a bunch of friends that played EQ back in the day, and we would adventure to other less populated dungeons. I miss that, all alone now. Forced to go to the handful of zones that are populated.

Swish
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah its a quieter server compared to live servers around the same period, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it still!

I remember going to the mino cave in steamfont when I first played here and selling 8/40 axes in Gfay for 10pp each or something. Crazy times, it would be nice to see a continual influx of players to keep the options more varied at lower levels. Right now particularly, starting in Qeynos, Halas or Erudin without any help is a PITA!

Ferok
10-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Right now particularly, starting in Qeynos, Halas or Erudin without any help is a PITA!

Towards the end of Kunark, that was true on live as well.

Dalron
10-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Start some tanks! There is a serious lack of tanks on this server at the lower levels (I'm lower level so don't know about higher up). Must be something wrong when a cleric can't find a tank to start a group on a friday evening ...

Dalron, Cleric of the 14th circle of light

Cypher.
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a pally sitting at lvl 4 and wouldn't mind making a chanter alt. If this ever comes to fruition, I'll to down to play whichever - just send a tell to Illuzen or PM me here.

Otto
10-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I'll absolutely start a lowbie shaman