PDA

View Full Version : Any confirmation on this whole "broken AC" debate?

theguyy
10-05-2012, 03:52 AM
I know it's probably beating a dead horse but I've read all the major posts about the issue and still have no idea whether the bug exists or not. Just thought it fairly important as it decides all the gear you need for half the classes out there.

Many claim ac is completely broken, others say tanks only need a little to hit the softcap. Others say the naysayers are completely full of it. Any dev confirmation on this? Is it being looked into or? If it is broken, how much so? Can monks ignore their weight penalty entirely? Why is it when I put on armor that says 4 ac it gives me 6?

etc. etc.

Itap
10-05-2012, 08:30 AM
The AC multiple. When you equip an AC item, your character’s armor class jumps up at a ratio of (approximately) 1.6 to one. If a bracer has an AC of 10, your warrior’s AC will not increase by 10 pts when you equip it. Your characters AC will go up by about 16 points.

AFAIK, from experience, AC is working at intended (damage mitigation) but level has more to do with it than anything.

Vicatin
10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Honestly can't tell at all on my monk at lvl 35 if I am under 14 stone or at like 120 stone I seem to take the same damage. Haven't seriously tested, but doing HK guards and looting all those swords never bothered my DMG absorption.

eqravenprince
10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I've run a small amount of tests and found no extra damage mitigation for extra AC.

webrunner5
10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Honestly can't tell at all on my monk at lvl 35 if I am under 14 stone or at like 120 stone I seem to take the same damage. Haven't seriously tested, but doing HK guards and looting all those swords never bothered my DMG absorption.

I have had the same experience on my Monk also. No real difference. But this is on a level 34 Monk.

isoka
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
at 45+, it makes a real difference for monks

theguyy
10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Any devs or people that have parsed results over LONG periods of time that can confirm or deny this? I don't know if "it seems to be working" or "it seems to be broken" can cut it here.

I can't imagine a naked monk carrying 100stone being just as a effective as a fully geared monk carrying 2stone, AC wise... If this really is the case this is a serious issue.

Slave
10-05-2012, 12:48 PM
AC seems to be hard capped by level.

Nordenwatch
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah I notice the difference in hits when my monk(56) is carrying more then the allotted amount. It's quite significant, depending on the wt.

Larethan
10-05-2012, 02:25 PM
misunderstood original post nvm

Cippofra
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Simple answer is no. Nothing has been confirmed and most people are just split 50/50 on whether it works right or not.

I played my monk to 36 and I feel like I definitely had a harder time soloing if I was considerably overweight. You also have to realize level of twinkage plays a huge factor in this. Someone with a CoF, epic and fungi tunic won't notice it nearly as much as a dirt poor player like me.

Treats
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
If you have a lot of time you can go test with different levels of AC on a West Freeport Gate Guard -- Always level 50 I think and a ton of hp.

I did this once on a Warrior but it was only with and without stuff equipped.

The difference was pretty drastic -- Without any gear equipped almost every hit was for max (Warrior was 52 I think, it was awhile ago though).

Misses were about the same but that was expected, worn AC should only affect your mitigation and not avoidance.

theguyy
10-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Well going completely naked means you're not even hitting the softcap, which is negligibly easy to do. The main debate is whether going over the softcap makes any difference whatsoever, which on live it did depending on your class. I'm inclined to agree with ac being capped at a per level basis but still only speculation.

webrunner5
10-06-2012, 07:49 AM
This thread has a lot of data also. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48312