PDA

View Full Version : Newb Mage

Peevurst
10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Hello guys just recently found out about P99 decided i would make a dark elf mage.

Just curious if anyone has as tips on leveling or tips on making money on low levels?

Thanks,

Vyal
10-07-2012, 11:01 PM
try outside freeport, then desert, then oasis, then highkeep, then solb, then CoM, then KC, Chardok, Seb then game over... Once you get to seb your good on plat. Should take ya 2 weeks btw.

diplo
10-08-2012, 09:43 AM
sisters in oot from like 20-30's will make you a up to 10kish.

Khaedyn
10-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Im working a newb mage as well, each of the guides in the mage section of the p99 website say different things when it comes to the best pet to use, one says fire one says water. your opinions?

Pyrion
10-18-2012, 03:46 AM
There is no "best" pet. That's why you have a few. Fire is really only for soloing, and then for not so tough targets, as it is the lowest HP pet. Mobs will die fast to a fire pet due to the great DS it has. Water is a nice pet as it has decent HPs, a nuke equal to the fire pet and pretty good regeneration. For me its my bread and butter pet. Air pet you should use if you need your pet to be invisible or if you are up against casters, as the air pet casts small stuns, interrupting casters. Earth pet is the most durable plus it stops runners, but it's the least damaging.

For normal leveling solo i would use fire or water. In groups with no special needs take water as your pet will usually not tank, so the fire DS is worthless. if your group lacks a tank and can't snare, use earth pet. If you are up against nasty healing or nuking mobs use air.

Heavydrop
10-18-2012, 05:50 AM
At really low levels, farm bone chips and sell them in EC.

Then, Will-o-wisps in the Freeport area (EC and WC) when you're around 12 for
their lightstones. If you loot a regular Lightstone, just vendor it for
some coin but if you loot a Greater Lightstone (and you are a dark elf) take
it to south ro and do the quest there (concordance of research or whatever
its called) which vendors for almost 10 plat (twice what merchants pay for
a Greater Lightstone) and you'll get some exp from it.
The same quest can be done in North Karana by any race/class at the gypsie camp there.
Just watch out for hostile mobs that path near either place (south ro and north karana)
They (wisps) spawn in droves in WC and you can hang out near the toll booth guards
for protection. Granted the guards won't help you against them but you
will be safer that way.
Also around level 12, Najena (a dungeon off of Lavastorm) has a nice exp bonus
on it, just be careful there because if you die it can be hard to get your corpse.
Same for Befallen off of WC (west commonlands)
Also, kill any bears you can because they (even the little black bears) can drop
High Quality Bear Pelts which players will buy for 20 plat because they are used
to make Handmade Backpacks (10 slot, 10% weight reduction bags)
I could go on and on, but thats something to get you started