PDA

View Full Version : Questions

svoald
05-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Well, I started playing my magician again after being gone for a few months due to work and I noticed that the new change went into affect regarding how much exp you get when the pet does all the damage.

I was told that you only get 25% exp if the pet does all the damage throughout the fight and that this was done so people can not afk level. If this is the reason it was done, can it be changed to at least allow for full exp if you heal your pet in combat using pet heal? I don't see how this could count as being afk if you are still contributing to the combat by healing your pet but doing no physical damage to the mob.

Maybe this was not thought of and if it was I was wondering why it was done like this.

ALSO, on an unrelated note, can something be done about how the guild leadership ranking is done. What I mean specifically is that the system tracks if a guild leaders character was deleted or no longer exists on the server that guild leadership will automatically be transferred to the next (active) officer in line or something. Or even if the guild leader has not logged in for a period of time (maybe like 2 months or something) that the leadership will be transferred then too. I know this probably is a bit controversial but shit happens and people leave the game and then the rest of the guild is stuck leaderless forever and unable to do anything (and eventually dies because of it).

Gorgetrapper
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, I started playing my magician again after being gone for a few months due to work and I noticed that the new change went into affect regarding how much exp you get when the pet does all the damage.

I was told that you only get 25% exp if the pet does all the damage throughout the fight and that this was done so people can not afk level. If this is the reason it was done, can it be changed to at least allow for full exp if you heal your pet in combat using pet heal? I don't see how this could count as being afk if you are still contributing to the combat by healing your pet but doing no physical damage to the mob.

Maybe this was not thought of and if it was I was wondering why it was done like this.

ALSO, on an unrelated note, can something be done about how the guild leadership ranking is done. What I mean specifically is that the system tracks if a guild leaders character was deleted or no longer exists on the server that guild leadership will automatically be transferred to the next (active) officer in line or something. Or even if the guild leader has not logged in for a period of time (maybe like 2 months or something) that the leadership will be transferred then too. I know this probably is a bit controversial but shit happens and people leave the game and then the rest of the guild is stuck leaderless forever and unable to do anything (and eventually dies because of it).

It'd be nice to allow that but it's also much easier (and mana efficient) to either chain pets, cast burnout and the DS (if you're using earth pet for the HP). Or, if you're worry about being mana efficient and exp efficient (your pet can handle multiples without any real help at all), just throw on a lvl 1 nuke and smack it that way. It produces near to no agro, does the required 1 point of damage and costs you practically no mana.

svoald
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, I have found that to be the only option right now. However, it's just annoying because if I sit back and have my pet attack 2-3 mobs, I don't want to have to retarget the mobs and waste spell casting time when my pet really might need some heals. So it's basically choosing at that point to either have my pet die (or possible me dying) or taking less exp (even though I am fully here contributing to the fight by healing my pet).

Don't think it should be that way.