PDA

View Full Version : Level cap on ranks in Research?

TheFishyOne
10-10-2012, 05:58 AM
'ey, I'm a chanter who just hit level 16, and trained in Research. My first training point bought me 16 ranks in Research, but I could not train any more after that. Later on, when purchasing my Tome of Endless Enchantments, I checked my skills list and saw that Research was listed as being only skill level 5, and the 5 was colored red. Is this an indication that I need to increase in level further before I can really get into research, or is this something else altogether? I checked the Wiki, but it did not comment on this. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Heavydrop
10-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Research is level capped.
I don't know the specifics but yes, the more you level the higher the
skill cap goes.
What I typically do, unless you really need to research something, is NOT
skill it right away at 16 because, as you've noted, it instantly bumps your
skill up to 16. If you can, hold off on it and when you do train in it you'll get
those extra skill levels for free (train at 20, get skill of 20, etc)
Too late for you to do that now but something to keep in mind.
I don't know why it would be showing a red number

kunark_lizzie
10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
they changed research a while back. red number means your research skill is currently higher than your lvl allows. each level adds 5 to your possible max. dont remember the formula but you need to be lvl 55 or 56 to get 200 research.

TheFishyOne
10-14-2012, 01:16 AM
kk, thanks for the responses, guys. That's a cool litle trick, Heavy. I wish I knew that right when I hit 16. =P