PDA

View Full Version : Noob Druid Faydwer Leveling

Tsak
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey, I'm up to lvl 9 and farming belts in CB.

Is there something better to get up to lvl 14? I've got 8 large sewing kits and not planning to leave until they are full. :o

Any specific noob gear I should be trying to get? I don't have any alt, so if it can't be bought with SoW and Bind donations then it need not apply. :cool:

Heavydrop
10-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Sounds like you're going about things the right way to start it off.
CB Belts (and shouldper pads) is a great way to start.
As far as gear (and what you can afford) for now its spells that you need
more than anything. You can get by with patchwork armor and a rusty weapon.
At 14 the game changes for you and the name of the new game is KITE! Kite them mobs!
If you have any cash left over from buying SoW, and Bind spells then see if you
can pick up any +mana items or +wis items.
Jaded Silver Rings (+5 mana, +5 hit points) come to mind as well as
Split Paw Hide Gloves (+2 wisdom +3 dex)
if anyone is auctioning or giving them away.
Also, the Nybright sisters camp in Lesser Faydark is great for exp and cash
when you can start there. Use the Harmony spell to single pull them and you'll rake in the exp and plat

Estu
10-11-2012, 10:16 AM
At 14 the game changes for you and the name of the new game is KITE! Kite them mobs!

I gotta disagree here. At 14 the name of the game is "go to East Karana and charm". Fastest druid EXP in the game from 14 to 60 (well, you can't stay in EK the whole time, but you get the idea).

Swish
10-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Also, the Nybright sisters camp in Lesser Faydark is great for exp and cash
when you can start there. Use the Harmony spell to single pull them and you'll rake in the exp and plat

This! Definitely this! :)

Heavydrop
10-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I gotta disagree here. At 14 the name of the game is "go to East Karana and charm". Fastest druid EXP in the game from 14 to 60 (well, you can't stay in EK the whole time, but you get the idea).

This is true I just don't usually think of it.
Also, given the topic of the post I was thinking of what is involved with
soloing on Faydwer.
While there isn't much to kite at 14 on Faydwer, there isn't much to charm
either.

Camulet
10-12-2012, 09:29 AM
I have been charming since lvl 18 and its definately the fastest way to lvl imo

Tsak
10-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the advices all. I'll prob try farming Nybright then maybe leggos until I get port then try charm kiting.

Tsak
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Also, I guess spell order I have been using... I will harmony, Shield of Thorn, med, harmony, snare, run, ignite, run until CD pops, ignite, run until CD pops, etc, until I'm down to like 20% mana in case I need to try to root => med and hope DS/DPS is enough. Efficient way to do it? I'm not twink at all, so this camp is kinda hard. :D

nugenttw
08-29-2013, 02:06 PM
What am I doing wrong with charm, charm never ever lasts long enough to kill a mob. It always breaks early every time and then I have to run a mile to get at max range to recast it. Then if it magically doesnt resist, then I can send it in to fight again at which it drops after 6 seconds. I go through an entire mana bar recharming mobs to send it in again and never get a single kill 15 minutes later.

Estu
08-29-2013, 02:15 PM
What am I doing wrong with charm, charm never ever lasts long enough to kill a mob. It always breaks early every time and then I have to run a mile to get at max range to recast it. Then if it magically doesnt resist, then I can send it in to fight again at which it drops after 6 seconds. I go through an entire mana bar recharming mobs to send it in again and never get a single kill 15 minutes later.

Are you charming low-level mobs? Ideally they should be low dark blue cons (as close to light blue as possible). Maybe even go with light blues if you need to.

billw134
08-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Crushbone belts are good for some exp, but better from 1-7 unless you have a ton like you are planning.

Crushbone shoulderpads turn in 2 at a time to Canloe Nusback for more exp.

If you are new to the server, I would start saving and selling them to people. I saw belts going for 2pp each and pads off legionnaires going for 4pp each just last week.

While you are in Crushbone, get these 2 items:

SBS - shiny brass shield - drops from Orc Trainer.

Prayer cloth of Tunare - 3wis shoulder - loot a Bracer of Battle from Orc Warlord, and hand it to High Elf Priest in zone.

If you sell belts, and get those 2 items, you can loot another Bracer if Battle, sell it for 100pp and turn in for another shoulder (can only have one at a time as they are lore).

billw134
08-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Oh also from 10-13 do the wall group in Crushbone.

Possibly 11-14 in the throne room with a good group.

Crushbone is what like 160 zone experience modifier, so one of the if not the best bonus experience zones in game.

Malone88
08-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Are you charming low-level mobs? Ideally they should be low dark blue cons (as close to light blue as possible). Maybe even go with light blues if you need to.
This is absolutely true for all charming classes and all levels. Light blues (or lower) make very loyal pets.

Estu
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Oh also from 10-13 do the wall group in Crushbone.

Possibly 11-14 in the throne room with a good group.

Crushbone is what like 160 zone experience modifier, so one of the if not the best bonus experience zones in game.

There's no accurate publicly-available ZEM list for this server but Crushbone EXP is good, sure :)

blondeattk
10-18-2013, 01:44 PM
think upper guk maybe higher, but its a tuff zone to master!

Kaesora is highest in kunark?, but tis a horrible zone if you dont know it....you WILL die screaming in it :P