PDA

View Full Version : Which race is best suited for Necromancer?

Wonka11
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
This is mostly an Iksar vs all thread.

To be frank, is the Regen on Iksar ground breaking and worth the 20% exp penalty that the class receives? Does the effect add up to a great deal of longevity over the course of a solo'ing session? Also, since you're hated by EVERYONE, does this actually serve as a benefit of being to kill whatever you want and giving absolutely no F's about it? And how about Kunark as a starting place compared to the other necromancer's? Is field of bone and Kurn's tower excellent starting places for an Iksar necro?

What would be some of the other benefits of running a non Iksar class be, other than not receiving a penalty to exp based on race and having people actually like you in a city or two?

Pyrion
10-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Boils down to your preferences. Iksar have low intelligence, so your mana pool will be gimped at least until you have good gear. Regeneration is nice though. Its really about what you like more.

Bubbles
10-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Human and Erudite necros can wear the flayed skin armor, which is fairly nice and can be had pretty cheaply.

Gnomes/Humans/Erudites are all slightly less KOS in a lot of places.. more merchant and banking options.

Iksar got a 20% xp penalty but boss regen.... downside is they have even fewer banking and merchant options overall... a boss starting area though. :)

Then it just comes down to starting stats and what appeals to you. I went gnome with my necro, never really regretted the choice... altho erudites got far more INT, and Iksar and Human have a lot more STR, etc... Its going to boil down to personal flavor..

theaetatus
10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Iksar. The regen benefit far outweighs any low int, you can FD bank where you want and you'll hardly notice the xp penalty (especialy if you group)

Also, by far the best starting zones.

Furniture
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
yeah iksar for sure, regen+lich form is way worth the exp penalty

pasi
10-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Forage is the most underrated ability in the game.

KefkaPalazzo
10-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Halfling Druid.

Autotune
10-14-2012, 08:27 AM
FD+hide is useful

iksar regen is useful

Stats won't matter for the most part, other than mana/hp braggin rights, but even then i doubt it will matter much in velious.

erudite vision sucks, but you get spells/items for that

If Iksars were out when I started mine, I'd have been an iksar, factions can always be raised, if you're really worried about banking places.

Things like hide, forage and innate regen are unobtainable outside of race selection. It's not like you can quest to get those things or gain them at a certain level.

Is it that big of a deal? nope, i'd gladly pick a froglok necro over iksar lol.