PDA

View Full Version : New Oldie

Arisonius
10-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Hello folks. I was wondering what the best race would be to start up a new char. I started an Iksar Monk named Kedek, but the leveling is slow, and the zones are dead. If there's no exp bonus on this server, I am going to need people to talk to until I grind my way up. Also I am having difficulty locating newbie quests. So what's an active area and what are some good starting quests?

Dalron
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Welcome back to Classic Everquest - The game that doesn't hold your hand and instead gives you a kick in the ass! There is nothing to let you know that an NPC has a quest for you, and if you are used to WoW or current EQlive then every character will seem like it levels slowly.

The best race to play is ... well I was going to say the one you enjoy playing the most but it sounds like you're more of a min-maxer so I'll let them advise you, plenty of'em around lol.

rafaone
10-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Hey there,

Kunark is pretty under populated, if u want some groups and people to talk to, i suggest making a "good" toon and getting it to CB or EC. Every class is on demand, but if u like groups Cleric, ENC or WAR should be ur first option.

CHeers!

Pyrion
10-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi!

I started 2 or 3 months ago and it's not hard to find groups. There are not so many low levels around, but they concentrate around very few areas. So if you want to get an orc group in EC you will probably find one. Generally the area around Freeport is the most populated one. You can get unlucky though. One day i could not find a group or build one whatever i tried, so i had to solo... but it was only one day with such bad luck.

webrunner5
10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't know how experienced you are with EQ. But I can tell you that a Iksar Monk is one of the best classes on P1999 if, and I mean if, you are a experienced player. They are hated by just about everyone, and if you are not good at pulling you are not doing any groups any favor trust me.

So I guess if you are experienced go for it. If not try something that is NOT evil lol. Welcome aboard. I think quests are worth doing and kind of neat if you are the type of person that is layed back. Even doing tradeskills is a lot of fun, but time consuming as heck. But it is part of the game and, so you do have options on that part.

EC, because of the Tunnel buffs, Blackburrow with the Knoll Fang quest, Crushbone with the Orc Belt quest. All good places to start.

godbox
10-16-2012, 01:28 PM
unlike WoW noobie quests are not a good way to gain exp. honestly the time it takes to run back and do a handin would have been better spent killing one mob.

some exceptions apply

Arisonius
10-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I am a very experianced player, and I love my monk, but there's just not enough to do. I rolled a WE Druid last night and found people. o.O I also have a gnomish enchanter, but I am having a hard time grinding it out because the pet steals my experiance and I already have a level 67 Enchanter on EQLive. >.> So it's a bit like a rerun. Been here, done this, is it really worth it to grind it out again? LOL. IDK, maybe I take him to Freeport and try and have fun there.

Llodd
10-17-2012, 04:17 AM
How on earth is your shitty animation pet stealing xp?

Arisonius
10-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Piercing too stronk.. or not so much

falkun
10-19-2012, 08:04 AM
some exceptions apply

Qeynos Gnoll Fangs. Only one I can think of, but its a HUGE one.