PDA

View Full Version : Monky woes

kotton05
10-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Just wanna say, I play a monk and these are things i often see other monks do that I wanna shed light on, it may help some and if anyone else has any positive input feel free to add=-)

MAX your sneak
MAX your bind wound

When splitting use the ~ key to target closest so when they walk away you can peel the last mob

When pulling to the group... Dont FD the mob into your group members. Run directly behind tank and let him peel aggro (should have very little). This is a good practice because if you FD a mob onto a wiz or a member with low health they could get wacked=-)

Always thank your Shammy cleric and Chanter for slows buffs haste and heals. Trust me itll help you down the road when youre known to be nice to group with.

When you pull and get a train dont put that on the group. Kite them away and either eat the death or kite till your group can handle the mobs. (might be able to FD if no one else caught aggro)

Always try to restock throwies before you log.

Use mend at 75% or save it for a big caster split/when FD fails.

And lastly use an assist button so you dont break mez=-)

Sincerly,
Merkk

Jizzebel
10-16-2012, 06:05 PM
^^ Lis ca Tortue , ca va t'aider :)

Pringles
10-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Save mend for when you need it when things get ugly. You can try to use it to save healer mana, but you're likely not going to have it when you really needed it.

Cippofra
10-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Let the tank do the tanking, even if you have to decrease your dps. this is more mana efficient for the healer. and safe, methodical pulling is much better exp than being wild and wiping multiple times.

Versus
10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Hotbutton:

/attack off
/doability 1 (feign)
/pause X
/doability 2 (sneak)
/stand
/attack on

Sarkhan
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
-After you're feigned, hit sneak and wait for mobs to turn their back before standing.
-To single pull from group, if all mobs in group have their back to you then sneak and pull the one at the back of the group.
-Intimidation is a good skill, helps in the mid-30s anyways... Can do entire fights without the mob attacking you, also found useful to fear an add (be mindful of area you're in).
-As mentioned above, don't bring a pull with adds to your group. Know your role, if you pulled too many, that is your mistake. Don't cause your group to suffer your faults.

Bind your keys to help hit hotbuttons faster. Personally I use w,a,s,d for forward,left,back,right, q for auto attack, e to cycle nearest npcs, c to toggle last two targets, f for feign, v for flying kick, z for mend... just find something comfortable that you can hit every essential move with your one hand.

Spitty
10-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Max sense heading. Don't get lost and have to ask for a group member to come find you.

Where's the true story image when I need it?

Cippofra
10-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Hotbutton:

/attack off
/doability 1 (feign)
/pause X
/doability 2 (sneak)
/stand
/attack on

I feel like adding the sneak didnt make a difference. i would even use an fd/stand combo to drop aggros when i was traveling. most of the time it would drop aggro even without sow speed. could you explain how the sneak addition helps?

Sarkhan
10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
I feel like adding the sneak didnt make a difference. i would even use an fd/stand combo to drop aggros when i was traveling. most of the time it would drop aggro even without sow speed. could you explain how the sneak addition helps?

Mobs at higher lvls (high 30s onward) mobs won't lose agro by FD alone. After you stand up they keep chasing you. Sneak (if their back is turned) lets you stand up without getting agro.

OngorDrakan
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Mobs at higher lvls (high 30s onward) mobs won't lose agro by FD alone. After you stand up they keep chasing you. Sneak (if their back is turned) lets you stand up without getting agro.

QFT - Need sneak. Mobs won't leave you alone.

Nepenthe
10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
As far as not pulling multiples to your group that's important to single as much as possible or rather, as much is required.

If you're in a group that can handle 2 or maybe 3 then pull that instead. However know the group first and what it's capable of.

Also when pulling keep a timer or pull in a recognizable pattern. Sounds basic I know, but I've been with pullers that just pull whatever and that works for a while until they haven't pulled for a while from a certain area, then they get aggro for 4 or 5 mobs after they pulled what looked like a single. Bad pathing + pulling a larger area than what the group can hold typically leads to this it seems.

Jacquouille
10-18-2012, 06:12 AM
^^ Lis ca Tortue , ca va t'aider :)

rofl