PDA

View Full Version : Mage solo 51+?

Mythdar
10-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I have no focus staffs, suggestions?

diplo
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
chain fire pet with the torch at fury island...will get you to 54 and you will make ~20kish.

after that, HS ent is nice if you can break it due to their low hp, or you can kite raptors in TD with the water pet to 57.

Wonka11
10-17-2012, 07:34 PM
How well can Magician's solo at high levels, with epic compared to necromancers? (Lets avoid the whole higher utility, better pet, etc etc conversation) and just look at if its possible to solo as well as a necromancer as a magi in the right situation (and what situations).

Mythdar
10-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Don't include epic. It's not gonna happen for 90% of mages

Tecmos Deception
10-20-2012, 11:05 AM
How well can Magician's solo at high levels, with epic compared to necromancers? (Lets avoid the whole higher utility, better pet, etc etc conversation) and just look at if its possible to solo as well as a necromancer as a magi in the right situation (and what situations).

I'm confused. You want to ignore the things that make mages and necros different while simultaneously comparing their solo ability? You want to give a mage the single most important thing to the class while taking away the things that are most important to a necro and then see how they do in a controlled setting that is built specifically to be doable for the mage?

Mythdar
10-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Where did the necro comment come from? I simply asked about mages

fishingme
10-20-2012, 11:16 PM
51-54 at seafuries is more like 100k easy. I definitely agree with seafuries though. Amazing shit there, and every now and then you get a couple of hours where its just you and 1 other guy

Elthon
10-22-2012, 11:42 AM
51-54 at seafuries is more like 100k easy. I definitely agree with seafuries though. Amazing shit there, and every now and then you get a couple of hours where its just you and 1 other guy

Was thinking about trying Seafuries soon. How many people can this camp support total you think? And is it mostly a FFA for spawns?

Vyal
10-23-2012, 08:05 AM
mages can solo just about anything in the game given it doesn't summon. People clearly have zero clue what chain petting is....

Vyal
10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Let me add this server is not right at all and you will be forced to group. You should already know this as a mage.. You don't solo dick on p99 if you want to play a real mage like it should be go play live its free. Or you could solo anything np but you won't get the correct XP. Pretty stupid if you ask my but lord forbid anyone questions broken mechanics that forces people who play mages away.

Briscoe
10-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Was thinking about trying Seafuries soon. How many people can this camp support total you think? And is it mostly a FFA for spawns?

It's FFA and is usually quite competitive at most times of the day. As someone who will be killing them one at a time, though, you can tolerate a crowded seafury island better than quadders can. Often times you'll find yourself at full mana running around trying to find one.

Phinger
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I've soloed at the giant fort in BW a few times (I'm an enchanter though). The pulls are all single, and the mobs are pure melee. Should be easy enough for a mage to solo. Most are dark blue, but there are some light blues on 55. Change to get forest loops and one or two other decent loots, albeit the good ones are rare (I didn't see any myself)

Should provide you an easy opportunity for exp. Bring some weight bags with you though because the vendor loots are pretty heavy.

Sickpuppy
11-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Bump summon or not if you time it right enything can be killed by chain petting .. 3 mages with valiant companion can drop Nagy/ and. Vox if you kno where to stand

Snagglepuss
12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Seafuries at 49 to 52 is solid, but then at 53 to 54 is painfully slow, but you'll be making amazing cash money and it beats the grind in KC.

55+ BW giant fort is easy once you get Dyzil's Deafening Decoy. It's basically the "fire pet" of Kunark or your best option for chaining while exping. Remember that Scoriae Hornets are summoned so use the banish spell line...

Ravishing Drolvargs are dark blue until 60 so if you are really hurting for exp or waiting for a spot in a guild group, they'll work and are safe. I dinged 60 on them while waiting for a group. Who would have thought...

Duo: A great option for duoing is the Chardok entrance with a skilled necro. You can lock down up until the first fort pretty easily. Time the spawns, have him mezz adds while breaking and use the air pet for stuns to slow distance mobs travel. (Water pet back stabs are nice, but those times the air pet's stun will save you, you will be thankful. Make sure to always dispel and to burn down the casters they can be nasty.

Also, HS entrance / the easiest hall (I can't remember) can be done with a torpor Shaman. It's safe and fun. Just have your earth pet tank and the shaman play cleric. You get to play wizard.

Notes: Never did Perma Pits or Lava Duct Crawlers.

tekniq
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM

definitely wrong. i made around 40k for those levels and i thought it was pretty good.

Snagglepuss
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I made about 40k from 49 to 53 at Seafuries. I also spent a little time in KC grouping. A friend of mine claimed he did about 65k. I think a lot of it depends on variance.