PDA

View Full Version : Best Shaman spear prior to epic?

Peatree
10-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Any opinions on what the best spear would be for a lowbie shammy prior to working on the epic?

I have obtained a "Beetle Stinger" from a kind enchanter in Unrest - but I am wondering if there is another I should save up for and buy.

I recall having some sort of 1H pierce spear that proc'd "Frost" or something like that at low level too.

Any advice?

Ferok
10-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Best in what way? Epic has great stats and a clicky DoT, as far as I know there's nothing quite like that.

If you're looking for the best ratio on a dropable spear, Slime Coated Harpoon.
If you're looking for the best clicky effect on a droppable shaman weapon, Fungi Staff is probably your best bet.
If you're looking for the best proc, the Barbarian Spiritist Hammer probably is your friend if you're a Barbarian (procs at 30).

Spitty
10-17-2012, 05:51 PM
If you're set on a spear - Howling Harpoon in main (provided you can proc the stun), Goblin Parrying Dagger or Beetle Stinger in range.

If you're set on a 1h weapon - Runed Morning Star in main, Howling Harpoon / Goblin Parrying Dagger in range.

Fungi staff is nice to have in a bag, provided you can click it - makes for a crap weapon to always have on, though. Barb Hammer (provided you can equip it) isn't bad for leveling, either.

Peatree
10-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Aye, Barb shammy here.

Guess I'll stick with the Bettle Stinger I got and perhaps go find the Barbarian Spiritist Hammer too.

I think I was referring to the Icewurm Fang that is available in Velious...guess I'll have to wait on that one!

Purdee
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
darksea is good either in primary or range, has wisdom and mana on it http://wiki.project1999.org/Darksea_Harpoon

howling is good also for stats http://wiki.project1999.org/Howling_Harpoon

slime coated is a good substitute also.

those are the ones i like for stats

Xadion
10-17-2012, 06:20 PM
howling harpoon and ebon war spear I believe make a great stat combo, if ur meleeing nothing beats granite face grinder till barbs spirit hammer procs

Purdee
10-17-2012, 06:21 PM
howling harpoon and ebon war spear I believe make a great stat combo, if ur meleeing nothing beats granite face grinder till barbs spirit hammer procs

+1 for the Granite Face Grinder

godbox
10-18-2012, 01:58 AM

this... GFG takes you to 40 which is when howling harpoon procs and it conveniently the level where shams tend to stop being in melee range

Reiker000
10-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Shamans never stop being in melee range.

Orruar
10-18-2012, 10:33 AM
GFG will have damage cap issues until level 20. I'd just go runed morning star until 30, then barb spirit hammer. Then you should use barb hammer all the way until you get epic.

Ele
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Don't forget the Poison Wind Censer pre-50 if you need a 2hb

Slave
10-19-2012, 02:16 PM
GFG will have damage cap issues until level 30. I'd just go Poison Wind Censer 20-30, then barb spirit hammer. Then you should use barb hammer all the way until you get epic.

fixed