PDA

View Full Version : faction boo boo

Phinger
10-19-2012, 12:48 AM
So my memblur didn't hit when i helped some folks kill sir Lucan tonight in FP...now I'm kos to the guards. Whats the best way to raise my faction back up??

I have a feeling I'm going to forget that and I'm going to get ganked.

uygi
10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Very easy to fix it by questing in Highhold Pass and Highkeep. Just do gnoll/orc scalps and goblin ears.

sero
10-19-2012, 01:25 AM
I disagree that it's very easy. It's going to take you many hours to farm enough Gnoll Scalps to not be KoS. Killing Lucan is a gigantic faction hit. When I did it on live I went from almost max ally to threatening if not KoS so you're probably the lowest possible faction you can get w/Freeport Militia right now. And as a comparison I think for my Ogre who was just "threatening" to Freeport Militia to get to apprehensive alone with Gnoll Scalps was like two or three backpacks full of scalps..

A1551
10-19-2012, 04:25 AM
If you don't wanna bother there are tunnels that run pretty much straight under WFP to NFP so you can bank without any risk or bothering with invis, etc. It's what I do now (also kos from a lucan kill). I realize it's not what you asked but just for anyone who isnt aware..I don't feel it takes any longer than running through the normal way.

Killing lucan is actually nice for evil races as it basically equals instant nonkos status to NFP guards.

Anyway good luck!

-Propo Fol

Hailto
10-19-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't feel right not being KoS to Freeport guards, i think every character ive ever made has been KoS there, they are too fun to kill. They love me in North Freeport though.

falkun
10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
The game pretty much sets you up to be KOS to Freeport. Its a developer conspiracy about the Freeport corruption conspiracy.

Tecmos Deception
10-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Just embrace the KOSness and kill Lucan again to get yourself a soulfire.

Phinger
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for info...never had a kos character in fp so this will be new...

uygi
10-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I disagree that it's very easy. It's going to take you many hours to farm enough Gnoll Scalps to not be KoS. Killing Lucan is a gigantic faction hit. When I did it on live I went from almost max ally to threatening if not KoS so you're probably the lowest possible faction you can get w/Freeport Militia right now. And as a comparison I think for my Ogre who was just "threatening" to Freeport Militia to get to apprehensive alone with Gnoll Scalps was like two or three backpacks full of scalps..

For a low-level it's not that easy. If you're higher it's really easy, especially if you can PBAE the orcs and gnolls. Sounds like the OP is a chanter, and hopefully at least 45+, so he can just go charm something in HHP and let the pet shred all the orcs and gnolls. It really doesn't take that long. That, or bring/invite any PBAE class to nuke them down for you, all the way down to SK (PBAE abilities, in order from strongest to weakest: Wizard, Mage, Cleric/Druid, Necro, SK, plus Bard in there somewhere...).