PDA

View Full Version : Average IP Exemption response time?

Ethanblack
05-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Hello. I'm just wondering what the average time it takes for someone to do an IP exemption is?
I found Project 1999 tonight and both myself and my father want to play it, and are very excited about reliving the whole golden age.

Problem is we share the same network.

I'm being disheartened by ingame reports that 'It only toom them 3 days' or '2 days is the longest it'll take', when I really want to get on and bein playing as a group right away.

I'm just wondering how long it's taken, from people who have experience with this.

I have a lot of free time over the weekend, and dont want to spend it waiting. :)

Thanks, look forward to the feedback.

TL;DR:
How long did it take you to become IP limit exempt?

Edit: Is it okay to use tunnelling/IP hiding in the mean time? I'm not a botter and jsut want to start with my dad ASAP, or will using such a technique get me banned?

girth
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Steal your neighbors wireless internet for you or your dad until the exemption?

Ethanblack
05-30-2010, 06:36 PM

Hey maybe, though none of the neighbours have wireless that's strong enough to support a connection.

I think, though, that I can use my Cellular PC modem for now! :D

Edit: Nope. My modem isbeing really stupid and refuses to connect despite full signal strength. Damnit.

Gorgetrapper
05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Best way, log on to IRC, PM Nilbog directly, pointing out the thread of the IP exemption in the petition section of the forums. This makes it easier for them, because they know it's there, instead of reading through pages and pages of threads about people crying that someone stole their one mob from a camp they've been at "for hours and hours on end".

azxten
05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I posted about 3 days ago and haven't even had a view on my thread yet. I think I might be hated though so don't get too sad.

Branaddar
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
It took my wife and I about 3 days to get our exemption. It was a dark, harrowing period in our marriage and many bruises were formed.

Uaellaen
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
It took my wife and I about 3 days to get our exemption. It was a dark, harrowing period in our marriage and many bruises were formed.

LOL

Desert
05-31-2010, 01:50 AM
as long as you're not retarded like I am and give nilbog wrong information, it doesn't take long at all.

Ethanblack
05-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Should be noted that my IP exemption was sorted out swiftly, and I was using my Cell modem till then, woot! :D

BuzWeaver
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey maybe, though none of the neighbours have wireless that's strong enough to support a connection.

I think, though, that I can use my Cellular PC modem for now! :D

Edit: Nope. My modem isbeing really stupid and refuses to connect despite full signal strength. Damnit.

Tethering is a great friend. :)

BuzWeaver
05-31-2010, 06:46 PM

Exemption? I'm guessing this is limited to two different players than it being an exemption later down the road for just one player who wants to dual box?

Bumamgar
05-31-2010, 07:02 PM
My understanding is that Nilbog checks the IP exemption requests once a day and acts on them.

Yes, Buzweaver, the IP exemption is for situations where more than one person wants to play p1999 from the same house at the same time (ie: husband/wife teams, room-mates, etc). My understanding is that all accounts with IP exemptions are potentially subject to additional scrutiny to ensure that no boxing is occurring.

BuzWeaver
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
My understanding is that Nilbog checks the IP exemption requests once a day and acts on them.

Yes, Buzweaver, the IP exemption is for situations where more than one person wants to play p1999 from the same house at the same time (ie: husband/wife teams, room-mates, etc). My understanding is that all accounts with IP exemptions are potentially subject to additional scrutiny to ensure that no boxing is occurring.

I appreciate the clarification. I had considered a Buff Bot, but didn't want to be flagged for Two Boxing.