PDA

View Full Version : WTS prenerf barbed scale whip and moss covered twig

Iancain123
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Whip can go in primary- 4dmg 11dly
Twig secondary only- 3dmg 10dly

Fastest weapons in the game, no longer drop. I'm asking 30k for the pair. I've yet to see anyone else selling or even owning the set. I don't mind keeping them so dont try to low ball me. Id like to give someone else a chance to enjoy them though.

Vadd
10-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Out of curiosity, what is the fastest speed a player can swing? I mean, I'm imagining this along with a CoF and spell haste. Insane?

Treats
10-24-2012, 11:16 AM
There are no Pre and Post Nerf Versions of these items.

They were both Secondary only after this patch:

In accordance with our announcement several weeks ago, two low-delay weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and the risk associated with their acquisition.

In addition, two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000919.html

Vadd
10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
There are no Pre and Post Nerf Versions of these items.

They were both Secondary only after this patch:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000919.html

Hmmmm, well I saw a guy in EC with it in MH and he linked it, so you are WRONG, even if it is a bug.

duneadx
10-24-2012, 12:43 PM
He isn't wrong. I'm pretty sure that patch has yet to be dropped.

Barkingturtle
10-24-2012, 12:46 PM
That patch went through ages ago. If you have a whip that can be put in main-hand I'd think it'd be worth a lot more than 30k because if I understand correctly it should be off-hand only. I might be totally wrong, though, because I have done zero research and don't intend to I only remember that patch going through sometime last year.

Raavak
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
That patch went in per Live timeline iirc.

duneadx
10-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I stand corrected :)

Extunarian
10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Hmmmm, well I saw a guy in EC with it in MH and he linked it, so you are WRONG, even if it is a bug.

I don't think anyone was disputing that the pre-nerf versions exist on this server. It is a bug - the patch that was supposed to nerf it went in on 8/13/11 but must have missed some/all existing whips.

Either way, while this item will obviously be mainhand equipable until at least the next patch, buyers should note that it could be changed to secondary only with zero notice.

Vadd
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't think anyone was disputing that the pre-nerf versions exist on this server.

"There are no pre-nerf/post-nerf versions of these items....."

Maybe I was out of line, but there are, at this time, pre nerf and post nerf versions.

Thanks.

Klax
10-24-2012, 02:48 PM
The whip was at one point offhand only on this server, at some point when i began playing again it was usable in main hand, i tested myself and it does work. The whip will obviously be nerfed to offhand again as it is clearly a bug.

Im sure this threads being here will expedite the process.

Iancain123
10-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Still for sale..... still primary equipable

Vadd
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I'll pay you 500pp and let you hold collateral to let me equip it and kill a mob, lol.

Iancain123
10-26-2012, 01:31 AM
still for sale

Safon
10-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Devs said this will be fixed properly before long

Loke
10-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Even if it is a bug, pretty sure most of the people in this thread have no first hand knowledge of this item on P99. Every parse that every monk in IB ever did says that MCT came no where near the DPS of a t-staff. Whether or not this is classic idk since my monk on live never had/parsed a MCT. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with there being a minimum delay.

Normally I wouldn't post in a thread like this, but don't want someone to read a bunch of second hand misinformation and base their purchase off that. It is a good weapon, and if equipable in main, certainly a bit of a rarity on the server. Best of luck to the seller.

Iancain123
10-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Lol. Wow. Hate hate hate everyone! I'm just gonna put them back on my ranger. Where they will rot. Bug or not, they are still uber fun, real flashy and in my opinion very rare. Like I said, I don't need the plat and I'm not gonna just give em away. Feel free to pm me still if anyone would like to have some real cool items. Or just stick with the lammys and jade maces.