PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

Tacitus
10-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I just joined EQ, and im a level 3 bard, it was taking forever to get to level 4, and i mean FOREVER in Kelethin killing bees and bats and someone took me all the way to ec and it doesnt seem any easier there, should i just bind myself to ec put get a port and level in Kelethin? Looking for advices, i really want to level quicker. Thanks

webrunner5
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Stay in EC and go to the tunnel and ask for buffs. Damage Shield helps a ton if you can get that one. Stay there till like level 10.

I know you can do the Gnoll Fang Quest in Blackburrow, and do pretty well. Trouble is you can't get any good gear there like you can looting Bone Chips and HQ Bear Hides to make plat to buy a decent weapon like you can in the Tunnel killing Mobs in EC.

Sorry to tell you but this game is slow as heck to level in. Lot of casual players are not level 60 after a year. You just have to kill and kill and kill. No other way around it. Wait to you hit the hell levels. :eek:

Tecmos Deception
10-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Fortunately for you, bards can be, without a doubt, the fastest levelers in the game BY FAR. And they don't even need any gear besides a few platinum worth of instruments that you can buy off a merchant in order to do it!

Go to the melee subforum and read the ENTIRE thread in there that is titled something like "bard ae screenshot thread." I think there is the same thread in the screenshot section of the forum too.

It takes some practice, you WILL die learning to ae kite and ae kiting, but even with deaths and CRs and stuff it still ends up being ridiculously insane fast xp. Like, level 45+ in 2 days /played fast.

Stumpye
10-25-2012, 07:43 AM
I did the bonechips quest from level 1-5 in kaladim and it took about 2.5 hours as a dwarf paladin. If I was you I wouldn't bind in EC then hunt in gfay unless you want a miserable CR. Just pick one or the other and bind there.

Swish
10-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Greater Faydark probably has more advantages earlier on. Crushbone is literally on your doorstep and the CB belts/pads is a good way to either generate some cash or accelerate your levelling :)

(more orcs than the Deathfist ones in EC)

HeallunRumblebelly
10-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Fortunately for you, bards can be, without a doubt, the fastest levelers in the game BY FAR. And they don't even need any gear besides a few platinum worth of instruments that you can buy off a merchant in order to do it!

Go to the melee subforum and read the ENTIRE thread in there that is titled something like "bard ae screenshot thread." I think there is the same thread in the screenshot section of the forum too.

It takes some practice, you WILL die learning to ae kite and ae kiting, but even with deaths and CRs and stuff it still ends up being ridiculously insane fast xp. Like, level 45+ in 2 days /played fast.

it's tough to start kiting pre 29 or so tho.

falkun
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
it's tough to start kiting pre 29 or so tho.

False. Its very difficult before selos, and its difficult before the L18 DoT. After L18, you're kiting doesn't change up a whole lot through 60 (besides getting more DoTs).

Bards only get better with age, and L4 is rough for a lot of classes in GFay when solo. Its hard to do orc hill, yet the newbie yard is getting long in the teeth. Just grind it out and you'll be at L5 in no time. Also, I recommend staying in GFay area the whole time, as you'll be back to Unrest/MM in the teens and such anyways. Also skip orc hill and run straight into CB at L5. Orc hill and the CB entrance are much more difficult than the zone in area of CB. Luckily you're a bard and have selo's to run through that last stretch of GFay into CB.

rafaone
10-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I just joined EQ, and im a level 3 bard, it was taking forever to get to level 4, and i mean FOREVER in Kelethin killing bees and bats and someone took me all the way to ec and it doesnt seem any easier there, should i just bind myself to ec put get a port and level in Kelethin? Looking for advices, i really want to level quicker. Thanks

This .. IS .. EQ !!

dragonfists
10-25-2012, 11:59 AM
once you can get groups in crushbone and get belts and shoulderpads for turn-in you'll be doing better. if you head to ec and get buffs and kill orcs then dervs that works fast also.
like above said, doing traditional group xp to level.. will take some time!

Dragonzord
10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
dragonzord > dragonfists

dragonfists
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
zord, s0p0 ~.~

Autumnbow
10-25-2012, 01:47 PM
If you play primetime, you can usually get an orc hill group going. It's kind of funny that level 4 is so difficult solo, just because there's really nothing around that level that can be single pulled easily. If you want to stay in EC though, just ask the high levels trading for buffs and you'll be fine. Another kind of slow option (but great money for the level) is running the bard mail quest from Felwithe to Kelethin.

HeallunRumblebelly
10-25-2012, 01:49 PM
False. Its very difficult before selos, and its difficult before the L18 DoT. After L18, you're kiting doesn't change up a whole lot through 60 (besides getting more DoTs).

Bards only get better with age, and L4 is rough for a lot of classes in GFay when solo. Its hard to do orc hill, yet the newbie yard is getting long in the teeth. Just grind it out and you'll be at L5 in no time. Also, I recommend staying in GFay area the whole time, as you'll be back to Unrest/MM in the teens and such anyways. Also skip orc hill and run straight into CB at L5. Orc hill and the CB entrance are much more difficult than the zone in area of CB. Luckily you're a bard and have selo's to run through that last stretch of GFay into CB.

where you kite at 18 tho? still too low for most of SK. LOIO maybe?

huggies
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
samwise shitbag confirmed smurf on smurf forums smurfing

Swish
10-25-2012, 02:42 PM
samwise shitbag confirmed smurf on smurf forums smurfing

huggies = confirmed confirmer

Swish
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM

LOIO is a popular spot around the windmill, but you do need to be a bit wary of a Crusader that paths through (who is dressed the same as the bandit/manslayer mobs).

Dirtnap
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Try to fight white or close to white mobs. Killing level 1-2 mobs at 4 yields REALLY low exp. Level 3-4 mobs will get you like 3x more exp than 1-2 mobs.

Until you get to around 7-8 try to fight things close to your level, at around 8 you want to strictly fight blue cons, as the higher mobs start hitting a lot harder.

Also, get used to getting 1% or less per mob. That is completely normal.

Kodlar
10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Greater Faydark probably has more advantages earlier on. Crushbone is literally on your doorstep and the CB belts/pads is a good way to either generate some cash or accelerate your levelling :)

(more orcs than the Deathfist ones in EC)

Yeah what Swish said, that's one of the highest zone exp mods in the game. It's great to level there until 15ish then head to unrest until 20

lmao did that little kid die Swish?

Ferok
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Try to fight white or close to white mobs. Killing level 1-2 mobs at 4 yields REALLY low exp. Level 3-4 mobs will get you like 3x more exp than 1-2 mobs.

Until you get to around 7-8 try to fight things close to your level, at around 8 you want to strictly fight blue cons, as the higher mobs start hitting a lot harder.

Also, get used to getting 1% or less per mob. That is completely normal.

Theoretically, given mobs in the same zone, a level 4 will give 16x XP of a level 1 mob, 4x XP of a level 2 mob, and 1.78x XP of a level 3 mob.

So yes, for those first few levels sticking to white cons is critical.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Game_Mechanics#How_Experience_Works

Tecmos Deception
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM

There's hardly such thing as "too low" for a bard. It just takes longer to kill some things than others.

That said, I would do EK at 18. The spiders are red but killable, or you could just ignore them and pull all the hounds and stalkers and whatnot.

Droog007
10-25-2012, 04:51 PM
...lmao did that little kid die Swish?

Looks scary but I'm 99% certain it's faked. The kid scoots backward a little too smoothly, and the shelves just suddenly fall over forward - there's no rocking back and rebounding.

Trox20
10-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Looks scary but I'm 99% certain it's faked. The kid scoots backward a little too smoothly, and the shelves just suddenly fall over forward - there's no rocking back and rebounding.

Also the kid never tries to catch himself, and you can kind of tell he falls into a pit when he hits the floor.