PDA

View Full Version : New kid help

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
I have recently found p99, and am excited to see it, however, I am having issues getting into the game itself. I have downloaded and installed Titanium client, but when I try to edit the ghost.txt it will tell me that "You don't have permission."
How do I get by this????
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cribanox
10-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Set the whole folder as accessible to all user (not just the PCs admin)

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Thank you so very much!!
I got it to work, now loading in!!!!
Cribanox, if I ever see you in game you are getting some /bow spam, and money.

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 12:57 AM
"Your spells file is outdated..."
Didn't see anything about it in "getting started" thread, although that thread does not seem finished either.

HeallunRumblebelly
10-27-2012, 01:06 AM
"Your spells file is outdated..."
Didn't see anything about it in "getting started" thread, although that thread does not seem finished either.

run the eqemulator installer as admin. it might be a permissions issue.

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Ran the .exe to play as administrator, no change.
I may have misunderstood?

dredge
10-27-2012, 02:11 AM

HeallunRumblebelly
10-27-2012, 03:02 AM
install the disk images.
create eqemu account.
run the duxa all in one thing, point it at your eq folder.
use the icon it created, right click, run as admin.
patch the eq emu thing, point it at your eq folder
choose project99 run
select project 99 server
use the eqemu login account you created to log into p1999.
enter newb town, run around and kill stuff

I killed stuff once. It was awful. Best to just keep clicking healing.

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 03:12 PM
install the disk images.
create eqemu account.
choose project99 run
select project 99 server
I will try this when I get home, pretty sure I didn't see any program or .exe labeled "project99". The p99 servers were just options in my server choices.

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
install the disk images.
create eqemu account.
choose project99 run
select project 99 server

Pointed it at the correct folder and added the "patchme" portion at the end (it being the shortcut). I'm assuming you named it "project99", I didn't change the name so it's "shortcut..".
When I select the server I still get the message, "Your spell folder is outdated...", written across character tabs and cannot create a character.

I have all the accounts made, for forum and world. I have logged into other servers without problem. Only the p99 servers are proving resistant.

Furniture
10-27-2012, 07:46 PM
You've complicated this much more than it should be.

Dont do anything with adding patchme to any shortcut or exe if your using the eqemu launcher

find the eqemu launcher on your computer, just open it, double click on project1999, it will start to patch your game to P99, then it will open up eq for you automatically (as long as you specified you eq folder in the options in the launcher)

thats it

They really should change the getting started guide back to the way it used to be, without requiring new people to use the launcher

GenieHakeem
10-27-2012, 11:52 PM
I am terribly incompetent it would seem. Thank you all for your help.

Furniture
10-29-2012, 05:21 PM
did you get it to work?

Trox20
10-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I am terribly incompetent it would seem. Thank you all for your help.

I wouldn't say you are incompetent I had a hell of a time trying to get it to work on my computer. Was about to give up on the whole thing as a bad idea until I got it working by using Duxa's All In One Installer found in this thread http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28335

One thing I did have to do is completely uninstall the game and then reinstall it using Duxa's; not sure if something I did screwed it up or what but nothing would work until I did that.

Hopefully you can get it to work if you haven't already.

GenieHakeem
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Furniture, I did get it to work. Easy problem solving if I just review the process much more carefully.

I hear Duxa is a good thing to have, will shave excess files for zones not used on this server.

GenieHakeem
11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
I have a new question and figure just keep using this relevently titled thread instead of making another;
What does MQ mean? I had thought it was Medium Quality, but then I saw it in the context of "Can be MQ'd for $$", which obviously can't mean medium quality..

aggresor223
11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Multi-Quest, 2 people finish one quest. Example jboots, Person A has the no drop ring from aincient cyclops, person B has gold and shadow rapier. Person A hands ring in, then person B finishes quest by handing in remaining parts of quest and gets reward.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Multi-Quest, 2 people finish one quest. Example jboots, Person A has the no drop ring from aincient cyclops, person B has gold and shadow rapier. Person A hands ring in, then person B finishes quest by handing in remaining parts of quest and gets reward.

well, also macroquest, but...

GenieHakeem
11-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Oh, thank you. I have never encountered that in all my years of EQ.