PDA

View Full Version : Skills in red

Kyrissean
05-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey guys I've noticed when I pull up my skill listings, certain skills such as dodge and parry are listed in red and significantly lower (dodge at 125). Yet I continue to get skill up messages as I lvl that exceed what my skill page states. After talking to another player of the same class, who claimed he did not have this issue. it leads me to believe I may possibly need some update I missed or something.Any help in resolving this is appreciated. Thanks.

Branaddar
05-31-2010, 09:15 AM
I had assumed it was turning red when I reached the level cap, but it's odd you're still getting skillups.

astarothel
05-31-2010, 09:22 AM
When you go up a level, instead of having to gain from your previous level limited value, it picks up any of the spillover as well. Didn't think that was supposed to happen.

Branaddar
05-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Hrm, no it's not. So I guess it goes red when it hits the level cap, like I'd assumed.

Also notice we can train Meditate at level 1 hehe

Kyrissean
05-31-2010, 10:12 AM
When you go up a level, instead of having to gain from your previous level limited value, it picks up any of the spillover as well. Didn't think that was supposed to happen.

so are my skills in actually what is listed in red, or are they in truth at my current lvl skill cap ? Trying to figure out which is the bug, the skill in red, or me continuing to get skill ups.

astarothel
05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Red.

Waldo73
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Also notice we can train Meditate at level 1 hehe

Training meditate before you are supposed to get the skill is bugged on this server. (At least it was a few weeks ago). I.e., before level 4 for a caster, and 12 for a hybrid, any points put into meditate will appear to work, but will then be deleted next time you zone or log out. IIRC, those training points will be lost forever at this point.

If someone knows how this works in more detail, please correct me here. I just didn't want anyone to lose training points as I might have. :cool:

Hiragawa
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Meditation wasn't skillable in classic by shamans until lvl8. Since it was changed on live to lvl1 later, it's fixed here by just reducing it always to 0 until you're lvl8.

For pure int casters it's lvl4 for meditate, for wis casters lvl8, hybrids lvl12.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8467

^.^

Elendae
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
As far as the skills in red, it's a work around to set the skill caps at Classic EQ levels rather than what they are on Live. If it's red, it means the skill level is over the set cap, but is only as strong as whatever its value in red is.

I think that makes sense.

ribaldron
05-31-2010, 03:51 PM
I actually remember the red skills from classic, as you're describing, and as I've seen on project 1999 - they were either capped by your stats, or based on what type of equipment you were wearing, I believe. Though I have not had success here by removing my gear! :D

It sounds likely that perhaps maybe Monks had caps on their skills based on equipment in classic and the red skills for everyone else are due to a workaround to get the classic caps.

Weekapaug
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I've been playing a druid for the last week or so and noticed this with Dodge.

It capped at 75 and is in red, but randomly at the start of several levels after I got skillups beyond 75....Even though the skills window doesn't reflect that.

For the record, I don't remember skills going to red when capped in live classic, or ever, really.

Tallenn
06-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I actually remember the red skills from classic, as you're describing, and as I've seen on project 1999 - they were either capped by your stats, or based on what type of equipment you were wearing, I believe. Though I have not had success here by removing my gear! :D

It sounds likely that perhaps maybe Monks had caps on their skills based on equipment in classic and the red skills for everyone else are due to a workaround to get the classic caps.

Actually, I'm pretty sure there was no skills window in classic. You could only track your skill by knowing what it was the last time it increased (parsers could keep track of your skill levels this way, so it was easy).

Olorin
06-01-2010, 09:02 AM
As far as the skills in red, it's a work around to set the skill caps at Classic EQ levels rather than what they are on Live. If it's red, it means the skill level is over the set cap, but is only as strong as whatever its value in red is.

I think that makes sense.

This is not true -- It gives you the higher skill level.

astarothel
06-01-2010, 09:11 AM

No, you're wrong. It's level based.

Kainzo
06-01-2010, 09:12 AM
My dodge is 155 atm and im a few levels lower than Kyriss. So that can't be right because im not seeing it in red.

astarothel
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
This is not true -- It gives you the higher skill level.

If this is the case then it is a bug, it should only be giving you the red value. Evidence that it is giving you the higher incorrect value?

ribaldron
06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
No, you're wrong. It's level based.

I know it's level based - I'm saying that I remember the red skills that continued to raise past the red "cap" - yeesh. :/