PDA

View Full Version : Least played Class on p99

Silo69
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
wizard or ranger

Ele
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Is that a question with only two choices? because paladin.

Brutal_X
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
^^^^ LOL

Ele
10-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Thinking about alternative meanings for the phrase "least played" and it would have to go to wizards due to the massive amount of AFKing.

Ephirith
10-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Paladin ~= Ranger < SK < Wizard < Mage < Bard < Rogue < Warrior < Enchanter < Shaman < Cleric < Necro < Monk < Druid

At least as of February...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65239&highlight=class+statistics

fishingme
10-31-2012, 03:09 AM
I'm shocked that shadowknight on that list has such a low playerbase. I see a lot of SKs running around.

dragonfists
10-31-2012, 03:25 AM
def paladin, they're almost extinct

Extunarian
10-31-2012, 08:24 AM
Why did you put wizard as a choice?

Estu
10-31-2012, 08:31 AM
FYI the above data was based on /who all lists, which doesn't take into account anonymous people. Someone from the staff (I think Uthgaard or Nilbog) posted a much more detailed chart a while ago in this forum.

Wolfgang
10-31-2012, 08:32 AM
I haven't seen many druids.

webrunner5
10-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Paladin ~= Ranger < SK < Wizard < Mage < Bard < Rogue < Warrior < Enchanter < Shaman < Cleric < Necro < Monk < Druid

At least as of February...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65239&highlight=class+statistics

I would think there are less Wizards than Sk's. Other than that I think list is pretty accurate.

Nordenwatch
10-31-2012, 08:36 AM
There were like 7 paladins in the BOTB, so that's telling you something.

falkun
10-31-2012, 08:49 AM
FYI the above data was based on /who all lists, which doesn't take into account anonymous people. Someone from the staff (I think Uthgaard or Nilbog) posted a much more detailed chart a while ago in this forum.

False, /who all count ignores anon and just reports a number, not a list of people matching the criteria.

IE: 3 paladins on the server, one: L5 Paladin, two: L57 paladin, three: L60 paladin /anon.

/who all paladin:
L5 Paladin
L57 Knight

/who all paladin count:

Xadion
10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Looking at our raid make up - pallys are like gone... every main pally just goes poof after like a month... cept Vonhammer and he was orig a necro.

I even started an alt Pally!

I think having 2 60 Knights will be fun...after...ranger!

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2012, 09:32 AM

I'm a gigantic /who count all whore, and this feels pretty accurate still today. I'd say that paladins are definitely less common than rangers, though they are both ridiculously less common than anything else.

The thing that is interesting to me is the difference in /who count all and /who count all 50 60. If you do a /who count all bard at primetime you'll see like 35-40 bards online. But only 6 of those bards will be 50-60. Paladins are the same, there will be like 20 paladins total but only 3 above 50. Clerics are the opposite, there will be like 70 clerics online of 600 total players, but 40 50-60 clerics out of 250 50-60 players.

Fun stuff.

Pyrion
10-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Bard is a cool class when you start it. Only later you will find out that it's such a busy class as well, too busy for most people.
Paladins are not essential in high level groups + they cant really solo, that makes for a bad high level experience. I would expect the same for shadow knights. Plus all those classes (and Rangers) have big xp penalties, making leveling less fun.
I think the class xp penalties should go away, even if it is not classic. Makes no sense to me to punish the least desired classes even further.

theguyy
10-31-2012, 12:17 PM
^Agree

Xadion
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I have been able to solo decently with my pally up to the 40s thus far- his gear is way OP for the content, Arbitors 2h Dwarven cultural smithed armor RBB - and even at times when certian mobs became light blue and are worthless to EXP its been rough moveing to another spot untill you get another level of def and atk to counteract the mobs increased dps and hp... so to say as the norm to solo as a pally is imo not the case.

Leveling my SK was much easyer to solo deff outdoor as once I could snare something I could kill it...eventually-- however this was BEFORE all the pet exp nerf things- so I could snare, dcloud pet attack and just run all over the place and my pet would eventualy kill the thing- specs at 35 etc etc... cant do that now with pet exp- or as a pally...

Bards can swarm, but perfecting that takes time.

Rangers...I dont know, never really did ranger sans a assling on live till like 31

Tecmos Deception
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Paladin solo might be slow, even twinked, but once you're 45 you can pretty much kill anything you would want to xp on given some time. It's not great, but it's better than being a rogue or warrior who can't find a partner/group.

falkun
10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Root + DW helm alters pally soloing 44+. It'll still take forever and a day due to low DPS, but you can outheal, mana free.

Bard is not a melee as far as soloing is concerned. Swarm kiting is much more caster-like if you have to bin it into either "caster" or "melee".

Kender
10-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Root + DW helm alters pally soloing 44+. It'll still take forever and a day due to low DPS, but you can outheal, mana free.

Bard is not a melee as far as soloing is concerned. Swarm kiting is much more caster-like if you have to bin it into either "caster" or "melee".

you can fear kite as a bard quite effectively... slower than swarming but usually alot safer. you can also chant kite as well which is really safe but not melee in any way. drum selos chant chant selos. slower than fear kite but alot safer.

Kraftwerk
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
you can fear kite as a bard quite effectively... slower than swarming but usually alot safer. you can also chant kite as well which is really safe but not melee in any way. drum selos chant chant selos. slower than fear kite but alot safer.

The risk reward of AE kiting prior to level 54 is enormous. I did a kite on red and went from 38-40 in about one hour ish. It then took me about 30 minutes of suicide against cliff golem to get back to 38, like 20 some deaths. So even if you die once or twice on a nice kite you're coming out way on top.

Kender
10-31-2012, 04:05 PM
The risk reward of AE kiting prior to level 54 is enormous. I did a kite on red and went from 38-40 in about one hour ish. It then took me about 30 minutes of suicide against cliff golem to get back to 38, like 20 some deaths. So even if you die once or twice on a nice kite you're coming out way on top.

yep... when i started ae kting in SK i'd get a level a pull. that dropped to a level every other pull after a few levels as i outleveled the mobs. when i hit OT i started small (only about 40 mobs) and was getting 3-4 yellows per pull. eventually i'd pull 80-100 and still get around 3-4 yellows (i was higher level by that stage)

it's not something everyone can master though. for those that can't you can solo via fear kite and chant kite... but it's usually more fun to group

as far as least played... you see alot of the least played characters running around a low levels but then by the time of level 20-30 they disappear. alot of that is to do with the xp penalties imposed on the hybrids (40% is brutal). the benefits the classes bring just dont match the penalty which was why they were later removed

kaev
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM

Not so true as you might wish. You can't sit while waiting out the cast time on the hat, so it's not actually mana free as you're losing the med ticks while you heal. You heal faster than sitting & casting normally, but with how easy it is to time casts to med ticks here it's not really game changing, just a mild speed-up. Either way any mob you can reliably stick root to is soloable, and if you can't stick root reliably you're shit-outa-luck. Also, unless you have certain access to 90% or better rez, or you're soloing at a zone line, the occasional death will cost multiple hours of solo progress.

There are a few places it a 40+ paladin can solo for xp rather slowly, and a few more that you can solo incredibly slowly, but really it's a shit way to play EQ. Why play if you're not having fun? Paladin is a tank, and as such needs a group to be effective doing anything other than farming greens for tradeskill mats. And it can be tough finding a group on a server where it often seems that 99% of the player population si mindlessly fapping to their xp/kill like some crowd of masturbating robots.

Enroth
10-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Based on a quick /who all this evening.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jcf254.png

Vladigan
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Well this is my first pally, but my friend played a pally on live and we duo'd quite effectively (i was a mage). He also saved my butt a million times ...

While Pally DPS even now on live BLOWS (that goes double for p99), the healing ability of a Paladin, plus LoH, I am sure has saved many lives in a bad pull situation....

Thats why I am excited about leveling my Pally here... Regardless of what nay-sayers will say.... I look forward to protecting the lives of my group members!!

Swish
10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
why not protect them by executing the enemy with a timely Harm Touch? Innoruuk is waiting...

HeallunRumblebelly
10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
why not protect them by executing the enemy with a timely Harm Touch? Innoruuk is waiting...

i save the life of my group members, for 10000 hp, every 20s, manaless and no recast. :3

Darian
10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
I'd bet mage numbers have dropped the most since P99 launch, since the pet xp nerf

deneauth
10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Leveling a ranger was a pain in the butt, but once you get SoW at 39 the game really changes, you don't die nearly as much soloing. If you have a lot of haste and regen you can just root park enemies, dot them and back off when you need to heal, the safer and slower way would be to just root, dot, then bow them down. With the tolan's bracer you at least don't have to spend boat loads of money on arrows. In a group rangers are best utilized by pulling continuously to make up for their exp penalty, once you get in a pulling rhythm the experience really does start to fly.

phobus
11-01-2012, 12:46 AM

Your target resisted the Harm Touch spell.

:mad:

Splorf22
11-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm surprised there are so few mages, but I guess that class took a huge power hit in Kunark after being borderline gods in Classic.

Also warriors believe it or not can solo for xp somewhat reasonably if you have the right gear (fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets). When I was LFG on Sakuragi (i.e. all the time) I would kill the undead foreman if I got particularly bored. Even being Iksar at 59 I rarely had trouble with him using the above items. I think I could kill him every 6 minutes and get 1% every 3 kills so that's like 30 hours to get through 59 solo, or not that much less xp than a good group.

I think the big problem with Paladins is that their raid role is kind of poor. A good paladin is a great group tank: no aggro problems, extra healing never hurts, and plenty of CC spells. But warriors will tank all really badass mobs and unlike SKs they don't have a pulling role.

kaev
11-01-2012, 02:11 AM

Also warriors believe it or not can solo for xp somewhat reasonably if you have the right gear (fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)...

For ~ 99% of the server population, coupling the word "reasonably" with "(fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)" is the very essence of the term oxymoron. Just sayin...

Stinkum
11-01-2012, 02:30 AM
wtf there are that many bards?? realy?

Swish
11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
wtf there are that many bards?? realy?

Rarely find one in my group, surprised me too :/

Kraftwerk
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Rarely find one in my group, surprised me too :/

Going out on a limb, a lot of people make Bards their bank alt due to Selos. So there's that. I did some who all count last night and found 13 lvl 50-60 Bards.

Splorf22
11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
For ~ 99% of the server population, coupling the word "reasonably" with "(fungi tunic, cloak of flames, truncheon of doom, blood fire, blood points, lots of root nets)" is the very essence of the term oxymoron. Just sayin...

Well, its really only ~150k of gear nowadays. At L59 I would think even untwinked warriors should be able to get that kind of stuff as long as they have been making the effort to hit Sebilis and saving their pennies. But, yeah, certainly not an option in the 40s.

Extunarian
11-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Going out on a limb, a lot of people make Bards their bank alt due to Selos.

Indeed. A level 5 bard with a drum is a great mule character :)

Stinkum
11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Good point on the mules but I would tend to think there are probably a ton more Bards than we think, we just never see them in our groups because they're AE kiting and not grouping.

Enroth
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, from memory, most of the bards were sub-50.

Kevynne
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM
databased on /who all count (class) 50 60 at 5:30pm CST
druid: 27
monk:20
necro: 19
cleric: 21
shaman: 23
enchanter: 17
Warrior: 10
Rogue: 13
Bard: 8
Magician: 11
Wizard: 5
Shadow Knight: 6
Ranger: 8
Paladin: 2

so based on this. server need moar pally 50+ :)

koros
11-01-2012, 06:37 PM
do /who all class count for the total number, that gives anon/rp also.

*nm, you probably did, didn't see the 50-60 part

Silo69
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Based on a quick /who all this evening.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jcf254.png

called it without even having access to /who all configure class in a pie chart GM abilities

Nirgon
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Won't be a shortage of patch healers on AoW with all these druids

Kurze
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Now considering these polls of popularity of classes... what are demand? i.e. are SKs/Pallies/Mages not as popular due to not being in high demand netting fewer players as those classes to be able to raid?

Raavak
11-02-2012, 02:18 PM
We always used paladins to tank the flurry drakes in NToV. Not completely sure why. Otherwise it seems paladins really came into their own past the scope of this server.

Kevynne
11-02-2012, 03:23 PM
well, at early levels HT is amazing, but at later levels LoH can save a raid.
seen it happen at least 6 times now.

Ferok
11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Paladins got some group heal spells/AAs in Luclin/PoP/GoD that made them very powerful against AOE mobs. Before that, LoH's were critical on mobs like AoW, and as tanks for trash mobs (and those with self-memblurs).

Unfortunately, it's really after Velious that they become very powerful.

HawkMasterson1999
11-03-2012, 09:55 PM
The hybrids will see an uptick in popularity once the exp penalty is lifted in velous (exept maybe ranger). The hardest thing to find a replacement for in a conventional 50+ group is typically the tank. Thats been my experience anyway.

Silo69
11-04-2012, 02:13 AM
The hybrids will see an uptick in popularity once the exp penalty is lifted in velous (exept maybe ranger). The hardest thing to find a replacement for in a conventional 50+ group is typically the tank. Thats been my experience anyway.

55+ xp areas, i dont see any rangers, sk's, pallys (never even grouped with one since lvl 24), a few bards, cant swing anything without hitting a rogue(most afk worse than a wizard in my experience)

decent number of shaman, necros, very few druids, if any since 30+, a few chanters, very short on tanks, good supply of clerics coming up

couple of monks here and there most solo, 0 wizards, 1 or 2 mages around lol, am i forgetting anyone? this is 55+ seb/karnor in the past 2 months

my 2 copper

rekreant
11-04-2012, 02:51 AM
55+ xp areas, i dont see any rangers, sk's, pallys (never even grouped with one since lvl 24), a few bards, cant swing anything without hitting a rogue(most afk worse than a wizard in my experience)

decent number of shaman, necros, very few druids, if any since 30+, a few chanters, very short on tanks, good supply of clerics coming up

couple of monks here and there most solo, 0 wizards, 1 or 2 mages around lol, am i forgetting anyone? this is 55+ seb/karnor in the past 2 months

my 2 copper

So of those classes that are in lower numbers which ones would you like to have in your group? I am just coming back and looking for what to level that could keep me in demand for groups and maybe can solo if its too late at night.

webrunner5
11-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Just about every group needs a Tank. Even a Ranger can tank. So they are all good to have and needed. But between most not being great at solo, and the damn XP penalty is why there is not many around.

Silo69
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
So of those classes that are in lower numbers which ones would you like to have in your group? I am just coming back and looking for what to level that could keep me in demand for groups and maybe can solo if its too late at night.

Id like to see more non afk competent players of any class TBH!

But yea, more tanks, or off tanks, or just MEAT POPCICLES.

In most my groups healing is pretty solid, even off heals. (still not many druids i dont know what they are doing at 55+. Nature skin or even the skin line, is a great replacement for Symbol when the cleric only casts it on the tank and puller and maybe chanter. Saw a cleric go through 40 dots last night ... thats close to 233 plat per stack on dots...anways).

Rangers (snare is critical in dungeons, even bards, some druids just dont get this), Sks great pullers tanks good aggro managers, Warriors (luve these guys, freaking beasts in the hp department no idea what it feels like to absorb so much damage and fear death- pallys dont know how they hold aggro.

But yea, more plate classes please in the 55+ area LFG. Too many shitty epic rogues that afk everytime they loot something worth more than 30plat. 0 wizards, 0 mages, 0 druids, 0 rangers, 0 sks, 0 pallys. From my experience grinding 55+ in public areas.

Play any of those classes and you will find many friends in seb/kc wich is where you will prob get 60 if you like plat and xp.

Or just play the class you feel in tune with and not suck. OR ninja afk.

again just my 2 copper...

rekreant
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
people always complained about wizards(my main in live) going AFK but I dont think they realize that it takes 5 minutes to med a full bar of mana...You nuke as best you can without drawing aggro, then you get full mana and do it again. And you HAD to do it that way, all the way until OoW.

I guess my problem is if its hard to find groups I would like to solo, and anything but wiz/necro/druid requires good gear to solo. I really want to play this game and get in to it but Id hate to invest the time and get max level to find out I am not wanted anywhere and that all the raids are done by only one guild anyway ><

Kender
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
rangers will be wanted in velious...

http://wiki.project1999.org/Call_of_the_Predator

all the melee dps will be screaming for it

Silo69
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
people always complained about wizards(my main in live) going AFK but I dont think they realize that it takes 5 minutes to med a full bar of mana...You nuke as best you can without drawing aggro, then you get full mana and do it again. And you HAD to do it that way, all the way until OoW.

I guess my problem is if its hard to find groups I would like to solo, and anything but wiz/necro/druid requires good gear to solo. I really want to play this game and get in to it but Id hate to invest the time and get max level to find out I am not wanted anywhere and that all the raids are done by only one guild anyway ><

3 top guilds control the raid scene, 3 others do planer, any other guild is just a "have a good time make some friends lvl up, guild chat" feeder guild for the other big 3.

I dont know why i respond to posts like this, just log in and play you will find your way.

ArumTP
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
3 top guilds control the raid scene, 3 others do planer, any other guild is just a "have a good time make some friends lvl up, guild chat" feeder guild for the other big 3.

I dont know why i respond to posts like this, just log in and play you will find your way.

TMO BDA Forceful Entry raid scene?
Divinity can snipe some stuff, I think Chaos, A-Team, and Taken can as well.
Acyrid, Flawless Victory, Europa, Full Circle, and Asgard planar guilds?

rekreant
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM

This is the worst attitude to have. If I ask for help, either provide it or just ignore it. I dont want to just log in and waste hundreds of hours on a class that wont be able to do anything. Picking a class is a major deal in this game.

arsenalpow
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Rangers will be majorly clutch in velious, weaponshield!

Silo69
11-05-2012, 12:15 AM

this guy just had one of those "AH-Ha" =- moments...

Silo69
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM

the ones in the middle do "snipe" but they also do "fill in" for the other big 3 and sometimes help the bottom rung guilds do planes, breaks ins, rough cr's. etc etc

they all work independently but they all serve the higher purpose of tmo bda fe on some lvl or another, and people rotate in and out of guilds, depends whos really on top of there shit, its like anything else, every quarter guilds produce x amount of loot, people get frustrated, bottle necks real life, neck beards shit happens man

this is the cycle of the servers state/federal political lvl i guess anyways

back to the black guy with the race/class discussion

oh and trackers are good, all those guilds require need depend upon track, its the only way to feed the guild

Silo69
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
the ones in the middle do "snipe" but they also do "fill in" for the other big 3 and sometimes help the bottom rung guilds do planes, breaks ins, rough cr's. etc etc

they all work independently but they all serve the higher purpose of tmo bda fe on some lvl or another, and people rotate in and out of guilds, depends whos really on top of there shit, its like anything else, every quarter guilds produce x amount of loot, people get frustrated, bottle necks real life, neck beards shit happens man

this is the cycle of the servers state/federal political lvl i guess anyways

back to the black guy with the race/class discussion

oh and trackers are good, all those guilds require need depend upon track, its the only way to feed the guild

if we could 2 box here, id roll anything with /track

id sit in seb/kc and farm the people what they seek

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ISN'T That why you are here PIXELS!

Enroth
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Hi all, some more from Enroth Analytics. These include all anonymous players.

All Players

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cd8ix.png

Players above Level 10

http://i49.tinypic.com/14l92e.png

Players above Level 50

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ngt0ya.png

Level Spread

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hea7mv.png

rekreant
11-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the statistics.

Bigberry
11-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Shaman?

Growlers
11-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Patch notes, they took Shamans out of the game.

Enroth
11-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Shaman?

Bizarre. It was definitely in my source data (and figured highly obviously). Will have to review it later.

Bouncerr
11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
alot of warriors lately, coming out of the woodworks.. not a ton of them are lvl 60 but still cool

Sturgeon
11-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Lol never even noticed Shaman was missing from the data.

Surprised Bards are low. I seem to be seeing them everywhere now. Paladins too but low levels they probably rage quit in the teens which makes sense.

eqravenprince
11-14-2012, 10:06 AM
I find it interesting that there is such a dip in population from 20-50. Some of the best dungeons are in this level range.

rekreant
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
I find it interesting that there is such a dip in population from 20-50. Some of the best dungeons are in this level range.

Best and fastest leveling too. I think when people get to this point they either stick with the toon and get to 50 relatively soon, or they quit out right and start a new guy.

SamwiseRed
11-14-2012, 11:16 AM
dat hyrbid penalty

Enroth
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Now with added Shaman!!

ALL
http://i45.tinypic.com/e6d3f4.png

L10+
http://i48.tinypic.com/ifmziq.png

L50+
http://i46.tinypic.com/qs11s2.png

Tecmos Deception
11-14-2012, 07:05 PM
That just a snapshot, Enroth? I'm willing to put pp on paladin's being more rare than bards, rangers, and wizards at 50+ if you do some whoing over the course of the day or at the same time of day and over the course of the week.

Enroth
11-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Just a random snapshot yes. This was last night, server pop was around 650.

Hroth
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
There is a lot of variability in the numbers. I've been doing a lot of /who counts on paladins for the last week and during prime time I've seen as few as 5 paladins and as high as 29 online.

I think doing an average of multiple counts over multiple days would give the best reflection of numbers.