PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for solo spots

eqravenprince
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
I am a level 41 Monk, mostly soloed in HighKeep since level 25. Looking for advice on some new places to go. I've tried SolA gnomes, which seemed doable up until they flee, then I can't finish them off before they've run into other npcs. I've tried entrance to Lower Guk which I can defeat any non caster, but once I get a caster, it's game over. East Freeport guards seem alright, but I'm thinking it might be a bad idea to ruin that faction. I do like hunting in a zone where I am bound in and can buy/sell, but would take any advice from those who have already soloed a Monk through the 40's. Thanks!

Ephirith
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
City of Mist
-Easy to single pull, plenty of non-caster mobs.
-Usually lots of shamans around to duo with if you'd like to.
-Mobs don't flee, rarely patrol, lots of room to fight safely.

I used to be very anti-City of Mist but I warmed up to it. Mobs feel like they may have more hp/ac than in SolB, and perhaps a lower ZEM. But in general you aren't dealing with SolB bullshit like shaman mobs, massive clusters of mobs, and stuff that flees.

Tecmos Deception
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
LOIO.

The goblins under the lake. There are like 6 single-pullable without even having to split, they have crap hp considering they are level 36ish, etc. You'll need enduring breath of some sort and there's no loot to speak of, but you'll also zip all the way to 50.

SwordNboard
11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
LOIO.

The goblins under the lake. There are like 6 single-pullable without even having to split, they have crap hp considering they are level 36ish, etc. You'll need enduring breath of some sort and there's no loot to speak of, but you'll also zip all the way to 50.

Negative ZEM, disregard.
+1 for Com!

eqravenprince
11-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I've never been to CoM, can melee classes bind there?

Camulet
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Im a Shaman and I duo'd with monks/fungi warriors in COM and best exp you can get imo.

Plus its better to have some company imo!

Zartron

Kope
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I've never been to CoM, can melee classes bind there?

Yes you can bind in CoM, but there's no vendor to sell, not like there's much good loot.

Purdee
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah you can

RahlaeRuffian
11-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I started soloing in the Dreadlands about that level on my monk. Just try to pull Drolvarg Growlers and Stoneleer Cockatrices at first. There are some low level giants you can kill easily too. Just stay away from the spiders and have an exit strategy if you bite off more than you can chew.

Tecmos Deception
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Negative ZEM, disregard.
+1 for Com!

You've obviously never killed those goblins, or you would be singing a different tune.

Where is your ZEM info from? The wiki? Lol :rolleyes:

Right now a level 1 dark elf wizard dings level 2 from 8, count them 8, kills (of level 1 mobs) in nektulos. That means Nek has a ZEM of ~140. But guess what the wiki says? Yeah. Not 140. It actually says Nek's ZEM is 75.

The wiki's ZEMs shouldn't be trusted unless you verify personally.

Tecmos Deception
11-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Checked my logs. I went from dinging 46 to dinging 47 in 65 kills of LOIO gobbos. They range in level from 35-39. Assuming the xp formula on the wiki is correct (it has always served me well in the past), and that the average level of the goblins is 37.5, the actual ZEM in LOIO on P99 is ~110, not 65.

The level in question took place on October 4. I don't think there was any (official/confirmed) xp bonus in place at that time. And even if there were, it would have to have been a 70% bonus to account for the difference in the wiki's ZEM number and the number that I actually experienced.

Honest
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeti Caves in Dreadlands is ridiculous XP till I think 47. Everything can be single pulled by any class as well.

Vicatin
11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Im a Shaman and I duo'd with monks/fungi warriors in COM and best exp you can get imo.

Plus its better to have some company imo!

Zartron

I approve of this message.

Furniture
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
definitely city of mist OR the overthere

Kender
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
bloodgills on live had a big bonus xp modifier that has been simulated here also. so although the LOIO ZEM is rubbish, the bloodgills still give better than average xp per kill

Vladesch
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Burning wood has a lot of mobs that don't run at about the right level.
Plenty of undead and the wasps don't run. (at least not on live)

Tecmos Deception
11-03-2012, 03:03 AM
bloodgills on live had a big bonus xp modifier that has been simulated here also. so although the LOIO ZEM is rubbish, the bloodgills still give better than average xp per kill

I'm gonna make a level 1 iksar and go test it :p

Edit - took a level 1 iksar SK to LOIO and killed 3 level 1 decaying skeletons. It got me a little less than 4 blue bubbles, so 11-12% of level 1.

Again, assuming xp formulas are right, a level 1 iksar sk should need (1*1*1*100*10*1.4*1.2=1680) xp to make level 2. Being conservative on my xp from 3 kills, I made 184 xp total, about 60 xp per.

So yeah. Apparently LOIO sometimes has a negative xp mod and sometimes has a very good xp mod.

Tasslehofp99
11-03-2012, 03:24 AM
40-52ish CoM is deffinetly the best, although I did like Lguk's exp flow with a shaman partner, Live side of lower guk is excellent exp till 50ish.

John2020
11-03-2012, 03:55 AM
I wouldnt worry about it too much