PDA

View Full Version : my list of scams

iscamu
11-06-2012, 12:51 AM
all using the same old "its on my main" technique.

1. today i stole 10500p from stragos for a sash of the dragonborn
2. adamantite club, 2k from some stupid bitch bard
3. 2 blue diamonds, 6k from some dumbass
4. full set of banded armor from some noob because i promised to twink him out (it was all he had of value)
5. crafted graves from maxifortimus (i paid him back after i scammed the sash today)
6. 75p from some dumbass broke druid for some shit i forgot (it was all the plat he had)
7. fbss stolen from some dumbass
8. gebs stolen from some dumbass
9. singing steel bracer stolen from some stupid bitch
10. 500p stolen for a full set of wus
11. 700p for a full set of wus
12. 1200p for a full set of fine plate
13. green silken drape stolen from some noob at orc camp
14. 3k stolen for a pl that i never gave
15. jboots.. no money stolen but i made him go check if hasten was up, grab 3450 or whatever gold out of the bank (took him about an hour to do that) then i told him "nvm i dont want" was funny though
16. port to karana to go train blackburrow which was empty.. 10-20p
17. 500p for rez in dl, i dont have a cleric LOL
18. sionchies partizan 300p or so
19. another powerlvl, 2k
20. 2 tstaffs from some noob monk who i promised an upgrade to
21. 5k for some diamonds because i claimed i was a mule for his guild
22. 2k for a rapier of orin i never had
23. fake jboots mq, 3.5k
24. wu quivering staff and some wus pieces given to a noob by his friend, stole em, destroyed em.

and thats just in the last week, lol fags.

John2020
11-06-2012, 12:57 AM
this dastard sounds a lot like someone I know ban him and kill him!!

Auvdar
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM

2. adamantite club, 2k from some stupid bitch bard
3. 2 blue diamonds, 6k from some dumbass
4. full set of banded armor from some noob because i promised to twink him out (it was all he had of value)
5. crafted graves from maxifortimus (i paid him back after i scammed the sash today)
6. 75p from some dumbass broke druid for some shit i forgot (it was all the plat he had)
7. fbss stolen from some dumbass
8. gebs stolen from some dumbass
9. singing steel bracer stolen from some stupid bitch
10. 500p stolen for a full set of wus
11. 700p for a full set of wus
12. 1200p for a full set of fine plate
13. green silken drape stolen from some noob at orc camp
14. 3k stolen for a pl that i never gave
15. jboots.. no money stolen but i made him go check if hasten was up, grab 3450 or whatever gold out of the bank (took him about an hour to do that) then i told him "nvm i dont want" was funny though
16. port to karana to go train blackburrow which was empty.. 10-20p
17. 500p for rez in dl, i dont have a cleric LOL
18. sionchies partizan 300p or so
19. another powerlvl, 2k
20. 2 tstaffs from some noob monk who i promised an upgrade to
21. 5k for some diamonds because i claimed i was a mule for his guild
22. 2k for a rapier of orin i never had
23. fake jboots mq, 3.5k
24. wu quivering staff and some wus pieces given to a noob by his friend, stole em, destroyed em.

and thats just in the last week, lol fags.

And this is why everyone should vote for Obama. This is the EQ version of Mitt Romney!

Cyph
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m533/ronny1204/futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-104db8.jpg
Lets hope not.

bamzal
11-06-2012, 01:25 AM
i dont care if this is a joek, just thinking about these scenarious had me busting a gut

Nordenwatch
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
yeah I hope this is a joke, if not this dude needs to die in a series of fires

Knightt
11-06-2012, 01:46 AM
this is pretty hilarious

Netherzul
11-06-2012, 01:58 AM
They be trollin', and we see em. Too bad we're too smart to know they're riding dirty.

Oh and BTW ... "port to BB to train newbz 10-20p stolen"

Let us know when you accomplish letting your dog shit in your mouth. I'll give you more props for that.

Oh...and thanks for the laugh.

Petrified Wood
11-06-2012, 02:10 AM
This is not funny, I have not been scammed personally but tell me what exactly anyone should find so great about this? If this is a joke from a troll, great...haha. But no, not really. Giving idiots terrible ideas like this is almost as bad as actually doing this type of childish crap. Just cus you can take advantage of someone does not mean you should. What comes around goes around - believe it or not. I don't need or want to teach life lessons here - you can't undo bad parenting.

John2020
11-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes she is right it is NOT a good idea to write things like this, if you really want to help out maybe you should help me with my story over at the roleplaying thread :

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87701

or if that doesnt work just try copy and pasting it into the browser sometimes that works too

davedeck42
11-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Its that god damned mcmuffin.. fucker needs to be stopped before its too late.

Visual
11-06-2012, 05:15 AM
That's a lot of work for 20k

Tasslehofp99
11-06-2012, 06:19 AM
lol its funny because its probably true, and there are people still dumb enough to fall for this shit 10-12 years after they played on live (and probably got scammed then too)

Don't expect people to feel sorry for you if you're dumb enough to get scammed, thats your fault. Jeez, I know people are turning into pussies nowadays but must hand holding be required for MMO's now too? lolz

Versus
11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Social Darwinism. Let the retards lose their shit.

Camulet
11-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Although this guy obviously has issues in RL and probably parental problems which has led to him being raised with little to no morales - I can't help but agree if you hand over items or cash on the promise that some stranger will log over and complete the trade then you bring this misfortune on yourself.

Zar

Bigcountry23
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Sociopath.

Barkingturtle
11-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Sociopath.

Yeah, but he's more than that. He's also a committed virgin and probably an autist but he does have like 20k in accumulated ill-gotten goods so I guess I would bang him.

dredge
11-06-2012, 10:28 AM

orsk
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
this is pretty hilarious

+1

kastan
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Scammers gonna scam; tards gonna tard

Since the beginning of time and ever after.

JerSar
11-06-2012, 11:35 AM
This thread is confirmed fappable.

Camulet
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I wouldnt pay for power leveling, but if I did I wouldnt pay up front. Not how it works in the real world and not how it works for me in EQ. I dont pay for services until I have recieved them.

Re multi-questing, I would only do this with a third party from a reputable guild or escrow service holding the payment whilst we MQ and once complete they would release the money.

Commonsense....it really is....

Swish
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
screenies or it never happened, tbh...

McMuffins
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
That's nothing bro I been KSING this noob in qeynos for like 8 days straight, the mobs are green now but whatever he seems like a jackass .

Sarkhan
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Do you blame children if they go into a van when offered candy?

These people being scammed are just fools who weren't taught better as children!

Save the children, stop the pedos!

Sirken
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
~sigh~

.....With that said, you should never give your password out, nor should you ever perform a trade with someone until both parties are ready with the items/currency (none of this "oh give me the item and I'll log onto my main and pay you" crap. We've been seeing an increase in this activity lately as well, sometimes the culprit even impersonating someone you may think is a friend, so be careful.)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86887

JerSar
11-06-2012, 03:35 PM

These people being scammed are just fools who weren't taught better as children!

I do blame the children

Tarathiel
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
this thread is just sad

gotrocks
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
That's nothing bro I been KSING this noob in qeynos for like 8 days straight, the mobs are green now but whatever he seems like a jackass .
Lol'd irl so hard.

fucking mcmuffins. got one the other day and they forgot to put the cheese on it. mcds ks'd my cheese.

JerSar
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Lol'd irl so hard.

fucking mcmuffins. got one the other day and they forgot to put the cheese on it. mcds ks'd my cheese.

lmao

Happyfeet
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM

lol fags.

This guy was in my group, he logged back over and said something to the effect of, "some cocksucker just ripped me off for 10k when I sold him a Sash of the DB, but at least I got X item out of him, which I sold to make part of it back"

Damn wish I could remember who that was, maybe Jettkins, that BDA human monk? His name is close to that.

gotrocks
11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
~sigh~

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86887

Bingo.

A friend and I did this back on live when we were unscrupulous (without scruples) teenagers.

Bottom line is, if the person doesn't have the item, or if you arent using a validated third party escrow service or friend middle-manning the transaction, don't do it. Between this scam and another (that I will detail in a moment) a friend and I managed to steal hundreds of thousands (if not millions?) of PP from players on Ayonae Ro. We ended up recruiting others to help us and built a gm-described 'scamming ring' that eventually ended in perma-bans for both of our accounts.

We both got a kick out of it until the perma-bans came down, and even while the GM was talking to us we were both cheering irl for attracting so much attention. Apparently it was a big deal - the gms had become so swamped with complaints that they had to do something about it. It's the only time ive ever heard of someone getting a perma-ban for scamming in EQ (or any mmo for that matter)

That being said, we really were assholes. I can't have that much sympathy for the people we scammed because they really were too trusting to the point of being stupid, but honestly it doesnt matter. It was still wrong. You are stealing. You can justify it anyway you want, but at the end of the day if you are doing this kind of shit you are a terrible person, and have serious issues. Obviously my little speech here isnt going to convince anyone who does this to stop, but I do hope it educates some people in scamming - be smart! If you believe this kind of crap you deserve to have your items stolen (even if its still very wrong)!

Here's the other way we did it (this was so fucking effective... you wouldn't believe the sheer amount of pp we stole using this method): Say you're selling or trading an item, meet up with the person and put the item in the trade window. Keep cilcking cancel and entering the trade again saying you're sorry, you've got really bad lag and to just have a bit of patience. Keep doing this a few more times, putting the item in the window and clicking cancel, make sure they get several chances to see you actually have the item, and then tell them to quicky put the money up when you have the item up and click trade so we can 'get this over with'. Put the item up there a few more times while they are putting the money up and clicking trade, and finally, the last time you do it, switch the item out for something that looks identical. If you did it right, they shouldnt even check the item and boom, you've got your xxxxx plat. Some of you may already know about this scam (it was pretty popular on live, if you got screwed by this method on live i appologize, it may have been our fault), but for those who dont, if someone is acting this way i would just walk away from the trade and come back later when they aren't 'lagging'. The bottom line is if someone intends to scam you this way, you arent getting that item no matter how many times they put the item in that trade window.

So thats my spiel. Scammers are fucked in the head, they're pieces of shit, and they should all burn. But if you fall for a scam, you really need to wise up. Judging by the size i think this post ended up being, thats my 50cp =P

Tasslehofp99
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Blame the parents. :(

bamzal
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
on live you could remove/replace items in trade window making it real easy to scam. imagine getting a cloth tunic instead of that fungi. they locked tat shit down by the titanium client tho i suppose

iscamu
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM
This guy was in my group, he logged back over and said something to the effect of, "some cocksucker just ripped me off for 10k when I sold him a Sash of the DB, but at least I got X item out of him, which I sold to make part of it back"

Damn wish I could remember who that was, maybe Jettkins, that BDA human monk? His name is close to that.

sargoth or whatever, lvl 44 paladin, has a post in ec forums for buying dborn sash, he just straight up gave me 10500 lol. then i gave it away in front of his face last night

iscamu
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
a lot of people that play this have social disorders which may lead them to be more trusting than they should, i do feel kind of bad for them because the people who do not get scammed are usually the assholes like me. i give the items back or give them tons of money that ive scammed from other people if i feel bad.. so im not a complete sociopath. the reason i do it is because i laugh so hard, since the beginning of my everquest career i remember stealing from people and the official GMs over on vazaelle used to get a kick out of it, they never banned me, they just made me give the items back, threw my in the qeynos catacombs jail, ported my on top of oasis mountain and threw me off, it was pretty fun. I was just a child then, probably 12 or 13 years old and they knew i was and knew i was just trying to have fun, but then one day i finally geared up with scams and leveled a ranger to lvl 40 then i discovered the infamous sand giants in oasis and spectre trains, i got lev and ran to the dock and just slaughtered all the noobs (back when they mobs would aggro the first person u trained on... ohhh those were the days) you should really change the game to where skeletons and giants and what not aggro people u train over it would make the game much more fun with me. GMs here dont even bother banning my ip anymore they try to trick me into progessing so they can ban me but i can do it incognito and i have yet to have my lvl 60 banned here.. it will never happen, and i will never stop, whenever im bored i release/renew my ip and troll troll troll till i cant troll no more. you mine as well just shut down the server. i was raised by my mother and my dad worked and traveled all the time and made tons of money so ive always been a sheltered boy with dream of becoming a thug gangsta ***** which i am now but im still rich because my dad died and left me a million bucks but all i do is play pc games because im scared of running out of money so i just try to live cheap lifestyle of computer gaming and kayaking on the ocean in front of my house in boca grande, fl. I am 25 years old and set for life until obama prints all the money and makes my million bucks worthless, i drive a 10,000 dollar car, i wear walmart clothes, im in great shape with a 6 pack and huge biceps, i love my life and ill never stop trolling project 1999 because it is illegal, you are stealing. i used to smoke weed but i quit because it cost to much and i would end up smoking an ounce of dro a day at my peak and i would quickly run out of money doing that every day so i quit and last time i smoked weed i thought i was dying of a heart attack and freaked out so im completely sober now and its awesome i am somewhat of a genius with a 168 iq and will never put it to use because learning is no fun, ill probably start a franchise somewhere like a mcdonalds so i can keep getting guaranteed income but ill never stop winning at this game because its awesome i be trollin all the time while i sit in my guild with my 60 acting like a saint you will never find out who i am and i will never tell you, ive been on p99 since the beginning, in fact within 1 day of starting during the server opening i got banned, i trolled as professor giving you guys excellent tips for gaming and i got banned, i trolled as snakeyez training the noobs are orc camps as a lvl 17 monk and got banned, i scammed as toddler and got "suspended" but never unsuspended which really set me off, i abacab was my best friend and you banned him he was just like me and u banned him for nothing i hope u all die and i hope obama wins and destorys the world

Kope
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
You honestly just sound like you want attention. Nothing really new. Enjoy your time :).

dredge
11-06-2012, 07:37 PM

kotton05
11-06-2012, 07:51 PM
imo your next step is becoming a serial killer. might wanna track his ip down and link to account. if i was a gm and had access prolly what i'd at least try to do. and..... tits or gtfo, i dont see people falling for this unless you built a relationship b4 hand and if you did that i wonder how life for you will be in 20 years. prolly the lonely hermit who smells of BO and spam with an obama phone not tipping pizza delivery drivers.... sigh. i'm pretty sure i know who this is. sounds like an old terris thule player i knew. but mostlikely its someone else since the worlds full of shit heads. if hell did exist... id say enjoy rotting in it.

kenzar
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
imo your next step is becoming a serial killer.

Scamming in EQ must be the slipperiest slope known to man.

Silo69
11-06-2012, 08:29 PM
how is this faggatory even possible

i cant even log into my 60 and show the person my guild, the item, and the fact im capped at lvl

and my alt whos in his 50's and xfer one item or half or theres up front

i im forced to have a guildie just xfer everything to the char i need or the person just dosent deal with me

im in ec alot

Lexical
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Is minyin back?

rekreant
11-06-2012, 09:02 PM
I remember in live people used to ask for help transferring bags of loot between alts. Almost every day you would hear of bags of loot being stolen and GMs wouldnt do anything about it. Think about it, is a Dark Elf really gonna give the human twink back his bag full of goodies?

India
11-06-2012, 10:00 PM
a lot of people that play this have social disorders which may lead them to be more trusting than they should, i do feel kind of bad for them because the people who do not get scammed are usually the assholes like me. i give the items back or give them tons of money that ive scammed from other people if i feel bad.. so im not a complete sociopath. the reason i do it is because i laugh so hard, since the beginning of my everquest career i remember stealing from people and the official GMs over on vazaelle used to get a kick out of it, they never banned me, they just made me give the items back, threw my in the qeynos catacombs jail, ported my on top of oasis mountain and threw me off, it was pretty fun. I was just a child then, probably 12 or 13 years old and they knew i was and knew i was just trying to have fun, but then one day i finally geared up with scams and leveled a ranger to lvl 40 then i discovered the infamous sand giants in oasis and spectre trains, i got lev and ran to the dock and just slaughtered all the noobs (back when they mobs would aggro the first person u trained on... ohhh those were the days) you should really change the game to where skeletons and giants and what not aggro people u train over it would make the game much more fun with me. GMs here dont even bother banning my ip anymore they try to trick me into progessing so they can ban me but i can do it incognito and i have yet to have my lvl 60 banned here.. it will never happen, and i will never stop, whenever im bored i release/renew my ip and troll troll troll till i cant troll no more. you mine as well just shut down the server. i was raised by my mother and my dad worked and traveled all the time and made tons of money so ive always been a sheltered boy with dream of becoming a thug gangsta ***** which i am now but im still rich because my dad died and left me a million bucks but all i do is play pc games because im scared of running out of money so i just try to live cheap lifestyle of computer gaming and kayaking on the ocean in front of my house in boca grande, fl. I am 25 years old and set for life until obama prints all the money and makes my million bucks worthless, i drive a 10,000 dollar car, i wear walmart clothes, im in great shape with a 6 pack and huge biceps, i love my life and ill never stop trolling project 1999 because it is illegal, you are stealing. i used to smoke weed but i quit because it cost to much and i would end up smoking an ounce of dro a day at my peak and i would quickly run out of money doing that every day so i quit and last time i smoked weed i thought i was dying of a heart attack and freaked out so im completely sober now and its awesome i am somewhat of a genius with a 168 iq and will never put it to use because learning is no fun, ill probably start a franchise somewhere like a mcdonalds so i can keep getting guaranteed income but ill never stop winning at this game because its awesome i be trollin all the time while i sit in my guild with my 60 acting like a saint you will never find out who i am and i will never tell you, ive been on p99 since the beginning, in fact within 1 day of starting during the server opening i got banned, i trolled as professor giving you guys excellent tips for gaming and i got banned, i trolled as snakeyez training the noobs are orc camps as a lvl 17 monk and got banned, i scammed as toddler and got "suspended" but never unsuspended which really set me off, i abacab was my best friend and you banned him he was just like me and u banned him for nothing i hope u all die and i hope obama wins and destorys the world

You're so full of shit it's unreal....

Kika Maslyaka
11-06-2012, 10:30 PM
The fact that there are so many scams around only proves that majority of players are actually honest trusting people. The actual numbers of scamers themselves is pretty low.
I am all for trust and openness, but you guys really should exercise at least a minor caution.

I remember back on live I was sitting in the middle of ButcherBlock resting, when some dude just hands me a whole bag of mid level gear saying "transfer this for me plz. ok?" and logs before I could even answer anything.

Sarkhan
11-06-2012, 10:40 PM

I think we just found the server's worst RPer... or best, i honestly can't figure out which at this point.

EDIT: Nope, definitely the worst.

Odds_against_me
11-06-2012, 11:10 PM

ROFL MILLION BUCKS AND 6 PACK ABS and 10,000 DOLLARZ CAR WITH WALMART CLOTHES BOY JOO BAWLIINNNNNSSS!!!!

Kika Maslyaka
11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
ROFL MILLION BUCKS AND 6 PACK ABS and 10,000 DOLLARZ CAR WITH WALMART CLOTHES BOY JOO BAWLIINNNNNSSS!!!!

he is preparing for the "bad times" :D
I suggest buying up canned meat and candles ;)

Pringles
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
If this is a troll, get a life.

If this is real, get a life.

People like you harm this server regardless of troll / real.

duneadx
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
This is a troll, and a really bad one at that.

Camulet
11-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Aye definately a troll. This guy probably still lives with his mum and probably never knew his dad....so sad.

aggresor223
11-07-2012, 10:09 AM
lol its funny because its probably true, and there are people still dumb enough to fall for this shit 10-12 years after they played on live (and probably got scammed then too)

Don't expect people to feel sorry for you if you're dumb enough to get scammed, thats your fault. Jeez, I know people are turning into pussies nowadays but must hand holding be required for MMO's now too? lolz

You sir are a retard.

Vladesch
11-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Devs encourage scamming by disabling shared bank, regardless of how altruistic their reasons might be.

Galelor
11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
screenies or it never happened, tbh...

Great .gif! Any background on it?

heartbrand
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Devs encourage scamming by disabling shared bank, regardless of how altruistic their reasons might be.

It might be classic to not have it, but a lot of things were classic that never made it here, such as alchemy not being in game, Paladin epic being broken, tons of bugs, etc. I know this argument has been had a million times, but most people, caveat most, come here not so they can stare at their spell book and mash sense heading while drop trading things, they come because the content of original through velious was the most entertaining content in the history of EQ, and they want to relive that.

JackFlash
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Aye definately a troll. This guy probably still lives with his mum and probably never knew his dad....so sad.

He got 6 pages out of you guys....

India
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
He got 6 pages out of you guys....

Which equates to a big fat FAIL on the trolls part... 6 pages is entry-level

fullmetalcoxman
11-08-2012, 01:26 PM

How exactly would shared bank stop these types of scams?

Flash
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah sure, the TC's habits are dirty, but the people he scammed have nobody to blame but themselves for their lack of caution, awareness, and their gullibility. Unless it's a close friend that you know personally or a guildie, don't trust ANYBODY.