PDA

View Full Version : Where can a level 20 cleric make some money?

Autumnbow
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I leveled from 18-20 on that bard in Freeport, and was able to buy all of my 19 spells. Now I have about 100pp, which probably isn't quite enough for my 24 spells, and I still need to find some pants to wear :P

So where would be a good spot where I can level and get some loot?

McMuffins
11-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Unrest, befallen, bone chips will get you maybe 10p a stack.

Autumnbow
11-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Unrest, befallen, bone chips will get you maybe 10p a stack.

I stopped collecting bone chips, because they seem very hard to sell. My bank is full of CB belts/pads and a couple stacks of bonechips :P

McMuffins
11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Are you in ec more than 30 mins a day? If you want more money you'll be good getting a group to areas with loot such as unrest and get lucky on random rolls.

HawkMasterson1999
11-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Greater lightstone quest

GenieHakeem
11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Toss me some grizzly hides and I can give you what money I have, plus more bone chips!

Vellatri
11-07-2012, 10:07 AM
If Banded Pants are not beneath you, I'll make you a pair free of charge.

Swish
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Unrest might land you some ringmail pants at least.

True on the bone chips, people tend to sell at 5pp a stack these days. I've got a necro in the 40s and spent 12-20ish in Kurn's Tower and still haven't eaten through all the banked bone chips I managed to collect.

For cash loot, when you get to 24 (Greater Heal) and want to group, the best choice has to be Mistmoore! You'll be in demand as your heal is significantly ahead of druids/shammies.

Failing that, on weekends I think there's still some sarnak groups in Lake of Ill Omen...if you can get involved in one of those the loot is quite good :)

Also don't rule out the 2nd floor of Kurn's Tower (off Field of Bone), cleric nukes are very effective. Cash loot isn't too shabby and obviously the bone chips if you can find a buyer are a bonus. Just watch the roamers.

1203jjt
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
My ogre sham isn't above banded pants...that's better than my cloth ones :/

GenieHakeem
11-07-2012, 05:55 PM
My ogre sham isn't above banded pants...that's better than my cloth ones :/
Odd statement if don't think about EQ rules.

Xherez
11-07-2012, 05:57 PM
The best way to get money is to level up and camp Sebilis. You aren't a rogue, clerics don't need gear to be an effective member of a group.

Xherez
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
If you're worried about buying spells don't be. Around level 20 is when mobs start dropping fine steel weapons this will be more than enough to take care of spell purchases.

Vladesch
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Bull elephants in SK drop tusks that sell for 10pp. I think the normal elephants drop tusks too which are pretty good value.
Also the hermit in SK drops fine steel weapon, but might be a little difficult. (but will be excellent xp if you can take him)
Bone chips, as other have said. There are probably some undead in loio around the right level to get some xp at the same time. I suspect bone chips are slightly oversupplied right now. You would be lucky to get more than 5p per stack in EC.
Carrion spiders in EK for silks might work too, though I would be hesitant to be running around in that zone at level 20 without sow.

Autumnbow
11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
If you're worried about buying spells don't be. Around level 20 is when mobs start dropping fine steel weapons this will be more than enough to take care of spell purchases.

I've played casters before, and spell money has always been a problem. Some people manage to be rich and never need to care about this sort of thing, but that person has never been me. It's always been scary when you get to a spell level, and people expect you to have certain spells when you don't. The other people in the groups usually get the loot, and you've spent all your money on gems to buff them with.

A pair of banded pants would be lovely, who can I contact in game?

I've never leveled in the Karanas, can you give more information? :)

Kitsy
11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
You can try killing the bandit sisters in Lfay, their camp is close to Mistmoore entrance. They drop bronze armor which sells decently. Whenever you get a bit higher level you can make decent money in Mistmoore.

And if you're able to find someone who isn't bothered by lowering their faction, the Rivervale guards are good money. They drop spears which are worth 10pp and a shield worth 1pp and some change if you have decent CHA.

I suggest one of you keep your faction up with the halflings so you can sell while the other does the murdering.

Autumnbow
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
You can try killing the bandit sisters in Lfay, their camp is close to Mistmoore entrance. They drop bronze armor which sells decently. Whenever you get a bit higher level you can make decent money in Mistmoore.

And if you're able to find someone who isn't bothered by lowering their faction, the Rivervale guards are good money. They drop spears which are worth 10pp and a shield worth 1pp and some change if you have decent CHA.

I suggest one of you keep your faction up with the halflings so you can sell while the other does the murdering.

That's great, I'm evil so I don't care about halfling faction! What level are the guards?

GenieHakeem
11-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Stupid halfling faction, what would I ever need it for.

Vellatri
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
A pair of banded pants would be lovely, who can I contact in game?
Vellatri.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Ask any lvl 60, most of us are hoarding tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands (with a few select individuals in the millions) of platinums. Srsly, just ask :P Tis a social game.

August
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm having basically the same problem. I have been leveling in Unrest / Oasis / UGUK from about 15 on and I'm at level 21. I have about 23pp to my name.

People actually have been helping me out, too. Heallun gave me some gear and some cash and a couple pp here and there, but I stupidly spent it on like, a robe and stuff thinking I'd get pp as I level.

I don't ever remember being this poor :) If you played progression server, you'd also know how ironic this is considering I was Tomtee there.

Vladesch
11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
That's great, I'm evil so I don't care about halfling faction! What level are the guards?

30 I think.
You won't be able to sell anywhere near there if you're evil though.
Cleric won't be able to solo them until you're way beyond their level (and by then much better options are available).

Heavydrop
11-09-2012, 06:35 AM
30 I think.
You won't be able to sell anywhere near there if you're evil though.
Cleric won't be able to solo them until you're way beyond their level (and by then much better options are available).

There is a merchant and a banker in Runneye (yes, the goblins)
I'm not sure if default faction would be good enough to use them
but I do know it possible to raise that faction by killing muddites in the
Gorge and therefore I assume also by killing Halfling guards since they are
their enemies as well.
Also there is a bank in Highhold nearby. It might require some factioning as well but thats not hard to do either.
If the exp spot is good for a long time (I've never camped Halflings) it might be worth it.
But this is a Cleric we're talking about. If its solo you want go with your bread and butter. Undead.
Kill them
Just something to chew on