PDA

View Full Version : everquest world record marathon!!!

John2020
11-09-2012, 01:07 AM
You hear a moving around up in the leaves right above your head. threes and onto the dirt road. I See your unsure of whats going to happen!

Hello everybody i would like to announce that I will be attempting to play everquest non stop and try to beat the world record. I am not sure what the record is but I'm going to go as long as I can last. Let me know if anybody wants to watch me do this before I start getting ready. I can go for weeks. I will need people to remind me about eating/drinking occasionally as I will not be going asleep. Anyway I'll keep everyone posted on the upcoming details! Wish me luck!!

You walk away taking a little look to the things you have heard here. You walk on quiety and ready to face whats next

quizwhiz
11-09-2012, 01:12 AM
You're going to break a record but.. you don't know what the record is?

All I can think of is that asian that died because he stayed up too long...

Heavydrop
11-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Sounds about as significant as that guy who has the world record for pushing
an orange on the ground for over a mile with his nose. Same guy holds a record
for pogo sticking.
Sure you could set this and these records... but.... why?
To each their own, just don't die from it

GenieHakeem
11-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Sounds about as significant as that guy who has the world record for pushing
an orange on the ground for over a mile with his nose. Same guy holds a record
for pogo sticking.
Sure you could set this and these records... but.... why?
To each their own, just don't die from it
+1
"but why"

Orikle
11-09-2012, 01:42 AM
And people wonder why this world is full of retards

GenieHakeem
11-09-2012, 01:43 AM
We know why, it's because they procreate faster than intellectuals. Look at American television for prime example.

Handull
11-09-2012, 02:47 AM
yeah, just dont die

Vladigan
11-09-2012, 03:02 AM

^ this

Heavydrop
11-09-2012, 06:14 AM

in reply

We know why, it's because they procreate faster than intellectuals. Look at American television for prime example.

Natural selection has been averted.

Personally I love the movie "Idiocracy" and that is just what happens in it
(smarter people get out reproduced by those of lesser intelligence)

We encourage stupid behavior by celebritizing it.

GenieHakeem
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM
That is such an entertaining movie, but when you really think about it, a scary one.

fadetree
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
it's scary and funny for the same reason : it's essentially true.

GenieHakeem
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Well, now I am going to have that haunt the rest of my day(s), even though I don't doubt it at all. Generally see the less educated with a swarm of children, while the hoity toity lawyer and doctor wife have a modest 1-3 children.
That's almost like pitting trees against rats, the reproduction rates are just `soo similar`.

India
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
You hear a moving around up in the leaves right above your head. threes and onto the dirt road. I See your unsure of whats going to happen!

Hello everybody i would like to announce that I will be attempting to play everquest non stop and try to beat the world record. I am not sure what the record is but I'm going to go as long as I can last. Let me know if anybody wants to watch me do this before I start getting ready. I can go for weeks. I will need people to remind me about eating/drinking occasionally as I will not be going asleep. Anyway I'll keep everyone posted on the upcoming details! Wish me luck!!

You walk away taking a little look to the things you have heard here. You walk on quiety and ready to face whats next

I thought you said you quit EQ

eqravenprince
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Found some website that said 50 hours is the record for playing a video game non stop. Good luck!

John2020
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Ok for all the people who sent me PMs telling me dont do this its too dangerous etc i want you to know dont worry about me.

as long as some of you can try to remind me about eating/drinking i think it will go alrgiht

ive never done anything like this before but just the though is getting me excited!!!

John2020
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
im thinking about maybe setting up like a telethon people can pledge a dollar amount while im doing it to support me

Bouncerr
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Lol sounds like meth, but my record is 5 days

Autumnbow
11-09-2012, 12:45 PM
How can you go for weeks with no sleep?

Calabee
11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Found some website that said 50 hours is the record for playing a video game non stop. Good luck!

uh, i did more then that early kunark

dredge
11-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Emphase
11-09-2012, 01:28 PM
if you need a class to play you can make me a cleric alt

Faywind
11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I thought you said you quit EQ

That's exactly what I was thinking...

kotton05
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
McMuffin will come strangle you right before you set the record... might need some drolvarg body guards to keep you safe.

Elements
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
50 hours can't be the record. I've pulled more than that on several game launches.

As for the OP, good luck making it past 3 days without abusing stimulants!

Bouncerr
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
50 hours can't be the record. I've pulled more than that on several game launches.

As for the OP, good luck making it past 3 days without abusing stimulants!

lol exactly, getting hallucination is expected after that long, that's when I just make myself sleep.

Bubbles
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok for all the people who sent me PMs telling me dont do this its too dangerous etc i want you to know dont worry about me.

as long as some of you can try to remind me about eating/drinking i think it will go alrgiht

ive never done anything like this before but just the though is getting me excited!!!

http://www.epicgifs.net/images/show/QTH3F6ZR

p.s. both PMs you probably received are spam, i wouldn't advise clicking the links.

Trox20
11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Just so you know the current record is 3 months, 12 days, 18 hours, and 34 seconds. It was set by a gold farmer in WoW so that he could earn enough money to get his girl friend transferred from the iphone plant to the Nlke plant near where he worked so that they could get married.

But don't let the numbers daunt you or that it was done for love; I believe you can do this and should go for it. Prove that no dam communist can ever top good ol' fashion American stick-to-itness.

Oh and have fun.

Tarathiel
11-09-2012, 10:41 PM
WTB live stream

Tasslehofp99
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Just so you know the current record is 3 months, 12 days, 18 hours, and 34 seconds. It was set by a gold farmer in WoW so that he could earn enough money to get his girl friend transferred from the iphone plant to the Nlke plant near where he worked so that they could get married.

But don't let the numbers daunt you or that it was done for love; I believe you can do this and should go for it. Prove that no dam communist can ever top good ol' fashion American stick-to-itness.

Oh and have fun.

Is that a joke? I hope so.

dredge
11-09-2012, 11:12 PM

Vadd
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM

Well, you better be brewin some coffee. I already got a head start on ya.

Kender
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
a RL friend camped raster for 110hrs straight on live before he got him

bridgetroll
11-10-2012, 09:07 AM

my assumption is that this guy slept at some point during this 3 month video game binge, whether it be about 1-3 hours per night or some other regimen every couple of days. you'd be entering very dangerous ground even thinking about not sleeping for more than a week. World record is around 18 days?

Barkingturtle
11-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Death would occur long before 3 solid months of consciousness. So shoot for four, OP.

SamwiseRed
11-10-2012, 02:25 PM
imagine if you spend 3 days straight looking for a job

John2020
11-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Hello famous knights and knaves of the round table! I have stocked up on cups of water and some food and no I will not be sleeping, i dont care how long it takes!! I love everquest so much I cant wait to do this! Lets do this eq project1999 style!! Lets do this proper! Im almost ready to start I might start tomoroow!

To make it even more outstanding I will not restock on food/water until I have ended the game. This is so I have to try to figure out my plan of how much food and water I can eat before I run out. If I run out thats too bad I will have to deal with it (THIS IS EVERQUEST). I told some family ofmy plan today at a family birthday party and they all said it was a bad idea but they dont know everquest LIKE i do. I dont CARE what everyone thinks this is important to me!! For EVERQUEST! (foreverquest lmao)

John2020
11-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Foreverquest!!! LMAO I just made that up before :) dont steal it!

see you all in game!!

Eternalnoob
11-11-2012, 05:30 AM
can we just ban this clown

Tasslehofp99
11-11-2012, 05:44 AM
can we just ban this clown

Lol the sad thing is I occasionally get a laugh out of his posts.

dredge
11-11-2012, 07:16 AM

Urbanzkopf
11-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Heh as funny as some of his posts are we shouldn't be encouraging him incase he is actually serious and has some issues irl.

Bubbles
11-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Heh as funny as some of his posts are we shouldn't be encouraging him incase he is actually serious and has some issues irl.

If his issues are real and that severe, i can't imagine twinkies and lsd is going to do much harm.

Urbanzkopf
11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
If his issues are real and that severe, i can't imagine twinkies and lsd is going to do much harm.

I was talking about the EQ binge! He might be thinking that if he does this he will be a hero and he will play into his grave!

Orikle
11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I know it's a troll but once again even if there's the slightest chance this is true he's still a moron

Urbanzkopf
11-11-2012, 10:33 AM
lol true, but you never know on the internet!

Trox20
11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I was talking about the EQ binge! He might be thinking that if he does this he will be a hero and he will play into his grave!

Would that really be a bad thing?

I have a theory that the world would be a much better place if we quit protecting the idiots and start letting nature just run it course (ie. remove warning signs).

India
11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello famous knights and knaves of the round table! I have stocked up on cups of water and some food and no I will not be sleeping, i dont care how long it takes!! I love everquest so much I cant wait to do this! Lets do this eq project1999 style!! Lets do this proper! Im almost ready to start I might start tomoroow!

To make it even more outstanding I will not restock on food/water until I have ended the game. This is so I have to try to figure out my plan of how much food and water I can eat before I run out. If I run out thats too bad I will have to deal with it (THIS IS EVERQUEST). I told some family ofmy plan today at a family birthday party and they all said it was a bad idea but they dont know everquest LIKE i do. I dont CARE what everyone thinks this is important to me!! For EVERQUEST! (foreverquest lmao)

I think he's trying to mimic Skatergnome

Tarathiel
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM
better stock up on mcmuffins

rekreant
11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
This wont even make the news because its a free server. Your death will be in vein bro, and most the people playing wont even care. Not to mention you CANT stay away for more than a week without the aid of some sort of amphetamine.

rekreant
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I think he's trying to mimic Skatergnome

I dont see how, Skatergnome was funny.

Grahm
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
didnt read thread. john2020 used to be a good troll. RIP to the person u used 2 b

India
11-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I dont see how, Skatergnome was funny.

I said "trying" I didn't say he was successful or good...

McMuffins
11-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Let's do this

John2020
10-07-2013, 07:33 PM
I am thinking about trying this again even though i was adviced not to do it ever again. What do you think

Tecmos Deception
10-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Please do a livestream with headset and camera.

poofph
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
the meth still hasn't killed ya? :)

Clark
10-07-2013, 09:47 PM
More power to ya!

applesauce25r624
10-08-2013, 01:42 AM
So many better world records to be achieved

http://getoutofmyballpark.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/1109_final_biggest_crap.jpg

webrunner5
10-08-2013, 05:11 AM
imagine if you spend 3 days straight looking for a job

Lol, good shit. If he can play this game for over 2 1/2 hours straight he can beat my record. :D

Quientus
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
What's the over/under on how many times in a row he'a going to die due to OLS within the first 72 hours of playing ??? :D

On a more serious note ..., damn you people for sucking me in again !!! Never thought I'd actually long to play this 14 year old woodhugging elf simulator again !

webrunner5
10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
What's the over/under on how many times in a row he'a going to die due to OLS within the first 72 hours of playing ??? :D

On a more serious note ..., damn you people for sucking me in again !!! Never thought I'd actually long to play this 14 year old woodhugging elf simulator again !

Your welcome. :D

Trojanman
10-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Instead, I challenge you to break the world record for most goats jumped on a moped.

Clark
10-09-2013, 03:46 AM
you can do it!

John2020
10-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Thank you friends I have been feeling blue and down and out recently but I am coming together now and I would like to tackle this little project of mine.

Wotsirb401
10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
How can you go for weeks with no sleep?

I think the longest one can go without sleep before hallucinating and dieing is around 10 days . You can about 13 without food and much much less without water . Good luck! Not real sure what you are going to do for the entire time? You going to grind xp or farm or what?

crkhobbit
10-09-2013, 07:18 PM
I think the longest one can go without sleep before hallucinating and dieing is around 10 days . You can about 13 without food and much much less without water . Good luck! Not real sure what you are going to do for the entire time? You going to grind xp or farm or what?

Farm CB for belts with a high level character.

reborn649
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Friend played for roughly 4 days straight camping fire tables back on original EQ because he was a warrior, but geared himself to look like a rogue, went anonymous, and the group let him in. Leveling was hard times for a warrior! I was playing also, but since I was a cleric, I could find a group anytime i liked. I slept for a few hours at a time during the 4 days and felt fine. By the time he finally couldn't keep his eyes open anymore on day 4, he stood up, blacked out, hit the floor like a brick. Seriously thought he died 2 feet away from me lol... Smacked him around a bit, he came back to his senses briefly and I helped him to the couch, where he slept for about 24hrs straight. He hasnt tried it since to say the least. He said he no likey the feeling of almost dying.. So John if you're not a troll, make sure you say a prayer in case u reach the "end" of EQ after your staying awake binge.

Rhambuk
10-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Sleep deprivation, one person went 11 days without sleep back in the day and seems to hold true even today that thats about the limit with intense exercise to keep his body and brain active. After day 4 youll start hallucinating (supposedly).

Rats Die after 28 days no sleep, it is beleived humans will die somewhere around half of that. So if you can go over 2 weeks your pretty much guaranteed to set the record.

my only advice, avoid caffiene/energy drinks as the resulting crash will put you down after a few days not to mention the irritability you'll have (assuming you don't rage on someone who ks's you or trains you on day 3 and break you computer).

What class/race/level/ingame goal do you have to keep yourself going? you won't play a warrior at 3am with no groups at level 35 for a week...

Barahir
10-10-2013, 12:16 AM
The longest i've gone with out sleep is 67 hours but the longest i've ever played a game straight is like 20ish. Wouldn't really advise either.

John2020
11-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Hey guys I am thinking about doing this lets go lets start this fuck journey

Obito
11-20-2013, 05:43 AM
awww yeah, this fuck journey is going all. get your fuck on.

fastboy21
11-20-2013, 06:31 AM
awww yeah, this fuck journey is going all. get your fuck on.

lolz.

I support your choice to go for the record (once you figure out what exactly it is).

I once played EQ for about 5 days straight...but by the 3rd day I was cat napping for 18 minutes between spawns while camping some nameds. In hindsight, I consider this to have been a very poor choice... :p

Good luck! Web cam it up and I will donate a dollar to a charity of your choice.

DOPE
11-20-2013, 07:01 AM
speed is a hell of a drug.

Heisenberg
11-20-2013, 07:24 AM
^ ur getting it all wrong !

Meth is one helluva drug ! :cool:

Clark
11-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Friend played for roughly 4 days straight camping fire tables back on original EQ because he was a warrior, but geared himself to look like a rogue, went anonymous, and the group let him in. Leveling was hard times for a warrior! I was playing also, but since I was a cleric, I could find a group anytime i liked. I slept for a few hours at a time during the 4 days and felt fine. By the time he finally couldn't keep his eyes open anymore on day 4, he stood up, blacked out, hit the floor like a brick. Seriously thought he died 2 feet away from me lol... Smacked him around a bit, he came back to his senses briefly and I helped him to the couch, where he slept for about 24hrs straight. He hasnt tried it since to say the least. He said he no likey the feeling of almost dying.. So John if you're not a troll, make sure you say a prayer in case u reach the "end" of EQ after your staying awake binge.

:eek: holy cow

DOPE
11-20-2013, 07:40 AM
^ ur getting it all wrong !

Meth is one helluva drug ! :cool:

meth = speed.
liesenberg.

myriverse
11-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Natural selection isn't about being the most intelligent. It's about being the most adapted for one's habitat... even if that habitat is a filthy bedroom.

OP, these pixels are 14 years old. You understand that, right?

DarkwingDuck
11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
To bad it's a troll.
I wish he'd do it, and die.

Derubael
11-20-2013, 09:12 AM
You will indeed start hallucinating after a few days. See tweakers who stay up for weeks at a time for evidence.

Please be safe while enjoying project99, and always remember to at least catch an hours sleep in between your epic south ro jboots campfests.

skorge
11-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Poop Socking just went to a whole new level with this guy

hatelore
11-20-2013, 10:32 AM

Oh and have fun.

There is no possible way any human on this planet could stay awake for 3 months. But cool story bro~

Dirkus
11-20-2013, 11:08 AM
There is no possible way any human on this planet could stay awake for 3 months. But cool story bro~

The longest recorded period without sleep is about 40 years. I read about this guy a few days ago and this thread reminded me of it.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/science/sleep-ngoc-thai-tony-wright-randy-gardner-david-blaine-2855.html

Kylenorr
11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
I think a kid actually died from playing a game too long in Japan. Blood Clots and all. You guys may have mentioned that in the 8 pages of trolling prior to this, but I was too lazy to read the nonsense. Just don't die from gaming homie.

Kylenorr
11-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Whelp, it was taiwan not Japan. But here's the link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/diablo-3-death-chuang-taiwan-_n_1683036.html

Rogean
11-20-2013, 11:25 AM
I'd rather not be answering subpoenas because someone died playing P99...

Pringles
11-20-2013, 11:41 AM

Fun hater.

Kohedron
11-20-2013, 11:49 AM
But having someone die playing your game is how you know it's truly excellent

diplo
11-20-2013, 11:54 AM
dawg go non-stop from lvl 1-60. i would be impressed.

Auchae
11-20-2013, 01:07 PM
9 pages = good troll?

August
11-20-2013, 02:17 PM
When WoW came out I was in HS and I believe I stayed up for ~60 hours before I had to go on a date - my 2nd year anniversary with my girlfriend.

I took a shower, put on clothes, and somehow drove the 2 miles to her house without getting in an accident. When I got there, she realized the condition was in and I went to sleep for 6 hours on her couch. When I woke up, I was still delirious. I couldn't figure out how to talk.

I finally figured it out, though. I was taking a Java class in school and so I reasoned that if I said 'System DOT Out DOT Print Line' before I said something she would be able to hear it (this still makes sense to me).

I haven't lived it down to this day.

good luck bro

Aeolwind
11-20-2013, 04:48 PM

lol, I'll get them first!

NextGenesis88
11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't stand even pulling ONE all-nighter.

Winobot
11-20-2013, 09:47 PM
for your help

http://www.olganon.org/