PDA

View Full Version : Will Trakanon drops become cheaper when Velious hits?

Twilight-Sparkle
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I realized the heartbreaking news earlier that I'd pretty much have to fork out 500kpp or so if I ever want my Singing Short Sword. I simply cannot afford that right now. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if the drops from Trakanon/VP bosses will become cheaper once Velious hits and the new raids become more popular.

Will I have any hope of achieving the items needed for my Bard Epic by then?

bizzum
11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
The bard epic will eventually be changed to a triggered spawn.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Can you elaborate? I wasn't around for the Velious era so I have no idea what changes were made to epics or anything. All I know right now is that my epic requires trakanon guts for one of the items and at 250kpp I cannot afford them.

Kraftwerk
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

And likely still farmed by TMO for FTHand-in

bizzum
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
And likely still farmed by TMO for FTHand-in

You must be joking.

bizzum
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Can you elaborate? I wasn't around for the Velious era so I have no idea what changes were made to epics or anything. All I know right now is that my epic requires trakanon guts for one of the items and at 250kpp I cannot afford them.

Basically you will do the quest the exact same, and somewhere along the way there is an item you hand into this mob called the Undead Bard that spawns right where Trakanon does. It's very similar to ragefire in the fact that it just sits there until the hand-in is done, and then when you do either it attacks and then a Trakanon with your guts (and I think one other loot? not sure about that) will spawn after, or it just instantly spawns a Trakanon with your guts 100% of the time.

Basically makes it so you do not have to a) kill the normal Trakanon with a raid guild while fighting for that mob and b) not having to kill normal Trakanon 10 times because he doesn't drop the strings each time.

Im sure a bard from live knows more but thats the jist of it.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Basically you will do the quest the exact same, and somewhere along the way there is an item you hand into this mob called the Undead Bard that spawns right where Trakanon does. It's very similar to ragefire in the fact that it just sits there until the hand-in is done, and then when you do either it attacks and then a Trakanon with your guts (and I think one other loot? not sure about that) will spawn after, or it just instantly spawns a Trakanon with your guts 100% of the time.

Basically makes it so you do not have to a) kill the normal Trakanon with a raid guild while fighting for that mob and b) not having to kill normal Trakanon 10 times because he doesn't drop the strings each time.

Im sure a bard from live knows more but thats the jist of it.

So basically it makes getting the hardest item of the epic much easier for bards and I should just wait until Velious to do my epic?

bizzum
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I guess thats one way to put it, if you don't want to be in a raiding guild! It does become easier to an extent, yes.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-09-2012, 10:57 PM
I guess thats one way to put it, if you don't want to be in a raiding guild! It does become easier to an extent, yes.

I do want to be in a raiding guild eventually. But I also don't want to have to pay 250k for a drop and/or wait weeks for a raid boss to spawn, or for it to be our turn.

I'd still have to worry about Nagafen/Lady Vox scales, but I assume those are much easier to get than Trak guts?

bizzum
11-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Scales are definitely easier, red can drop off RF so they are even sold relatively cheap (20-30k?) White ones you can probably find as well for sale. Trakanon spawns about every 36 hours so you wouldn't be waiting weeks, but you would definitely have to put some effort into being there and helping out to earn the piece! If you're in a guild that kills Trakanon though chances are they can help you get the scales too!

Twilight-Sparkle
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Scales are definitely easier, red can drop off RF so they are even sold relatively cheap (20-30k?) White ones you can probably find as well for sale. Trakanon spawns about every 36 hours so you wouldn't be waiting weeks, but you would definitely have to put some effort into being there and helping out to earn the piece! If you're in a guild that kills Trakanon though chances are they can help you get the scales too!

Then yeah, I think I'd best be served waiting. I'm only lv9 anyway, just trying to plan ahead, but it sounds like I'd be much better served waiting until Velious before I attempt to complete the epic.

Thanks for the input man.

Kender
11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
trak on live was 3 day spawn.

undead bard spawned 0-18 hours after trak died, and again after each epic hand in has spawned fake trak. when trak repopped he'd kill undead bard if up.

Autotune
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Trakanon drops are free, go out there and get them!

Safon
11-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Bronies don't get epics, they get off the server

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Bronies don't get epics, they get off the server

What do you have against bronies, exactly?

Ele
11-10-2012, 02:18 AM
Then yeah, I think I'd best be served waiting. I'm only lv9 anyway, just trying to plan ahead, but it sounds like I'd be much better served waiting until Velious before I attempt to complete the epic.

Thanks for the input man.

Welcome to the server!

Diggles
11-10-2012, 02:25 AM
What do you have against bronies, exactly?

I think it's the fact that you're borderline pedos and closet furries.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 02:55 AM
I think it's the fact that you're borderline pedos and closet furries.

Sorry, I'm just a big TF2 fan.

Jenithia
11-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Helloooo fellow ponylover! I have a baby rogue named Pinkiepie :)

Clark
11-10-2012, 03:55 AM
I heard about bronies one time on tv, and never thought I'd hear about it again.

Netherzul
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
@ OP ...

Someone has altitis...

Care to wager, you won't make it past 40+ on your Bard? :P

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM
What's altitis? And what's wrong with trying to plan ahead?

webrunner5
11-10-2012, 03:20 PM
@ OP ...

Someone has altitis...

Care to wager, you won't make it past 40+ on your Bard? :P

I would say that the odds are very much in your favor.

Diggles
11-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I'm just a big TF2 fan.

ddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Deleted.

Diggles
11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.gamesprays.com/files/resource_media/preview/all-bronies-must-die-6309_preview.jpg

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 03:53 PM
*shrug* If you dislike me because I'm a brony, sorry. That's not going to change.

Diggles
11-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't "dislike" you, I just want to burn you and everything you stand for into a pile of ash.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't "dislike" you, I just want to burn you and everything you stand for into a pile of ash.

Guess you don't have a lot of friends around here, if you treat people like that.

Diggles
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Why don't you come on down to RnF and find out?

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Well it's pretty obvious that you're just trolling Diggles, so I'll stop it here.

Thank you for the information everyone.

Splorf22
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
isnt op a level 10 bard? getting a little ahead of yourself buddy

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
isnt op a level 10 bard? getting a little ahead of yourself buddy

I know. I like to plan ahead though. Is that wrong?

Twilight-Sparkle
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
...I suppose. 40 levels is a ways off.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
BTW guys, not really a brony. I have a daughter who likes the show, she's almost 5 now, so I watch it with her regularly, and when I was thinking up a name for my account and character she said Twilight Sparkle, so I went with it.

I do like TF2 though, so I guess I understand what people see. I'm big on Payload servers.

Silo69
11-11-2012, 01:53 AM
BTW guys, not really a brony. I have a daughter who likes the show, she's almost 5 now, so I watch it with her regularly, and when I was thinking up a name for my account and character she said Twilight Sparkle, so I went with it.

I do like TF2 though, so I guess I understand what people see. I'm big on Payload servers.

amber alert called on the pedo

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 01:55 AM
amber alert called on the pedo

Good, give me grounds to sue your ass for slander and libel.

Pico
11-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Good, give me grounds to sue your ass for slander and libel.

when exactly were u first diagnosed with autism

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Another one for the block list. I love how people are giving me shit simply because my name and avatar are taken after a character in a childrens cartoon. Really shows the maturity of this community.

On topic though, now that I know the Bard epic is going to change in Velious, I'm not going to worry about it right now. Does anybody know when Velious is likely to hit though? I'm looking forward to the Wastelands, CC and KT.

Madame
11-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Another one for the block list. I love how people are giving me shit simply because my name and avatar are taken after a character in a childrens cartoon. Really shows the maturity of this community.

I am an autistic pedophile who watches a show for 6 year old little girls and I think I'm mature.

Diggles
11-11-2012, 04:11 AM
tru

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm done feeding the trolls. Requesting a thread lock.

Madame
11-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Requesting you to not want to rape children. Pity it will do little.

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 04:55 AM
Requesting you to not want to rape children. Pity it will do little.

And if you ever came near my kids I would bend you in half and stuff you in a dumpster.

Diggles
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Oh man, he's making death threats. Ban OP!

Madame
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
And if you ever came near my kids I would bend you in half and stuff you in a dumpster.

Careful, your pony autism is showing

Twilight-Sparkle
11-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I don't take kindly to being called a pedophile, especially since I'm a father of two kids. So yeah, if you feel I deserve a ban for that threat, go for it. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Diggles
11-11-2012, 07:47 AM
blocking them just shows you cant take criticism in any shape or form, hallmark autism, your parents told you that you were so good and smart when actually you were autistic

Cecily
11-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Twilight Sparkle is the best pony.

Kender
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
blocking them just shows you cant take criticism in any shape or form, hallmark autism, your parents told you that you were so good and smart when actually you were autistic

being called a pedo is not criticism. neither is being a dad indicative of someone being a pedo... get real

Urbanzkopf
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Can't actually believe some of the shit people will say to get a kick online. Last I checked this isn't RnF anyway so let's get some bans in here.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM

72hrs +/- 18hrs. Once variance change comes in, if that variance begins at the beginning of a day, we may see entire window socks for trakanon. 9hr window for keys to the top zone in the game, veerrry interesssting.

Vynn
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
When did this become RnF? There's a forum dedicated to the individuals who don't contribute to this community. He asked a valid question in a forum that should otherwise welcome valid questions. Way to degrade the community from beyond the grave.

HeallunRumblebelly
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
When did this become RnF? There's a forum dedicated to the individuals who don't contribute to this community. He asked a valid question in a forum that should otherwise welcome valid questions. Way to degrade the community from beyond the grave.

I dunno, I laughed quite a bit at Pico's first one :3

Metallikus
11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I saw this thread as a question of whether the OP wanted to RMT for the guts now or wait till velious.