PDA

View Full Version : Offense Skill, Strength, Calculating Min/max damage

Soft
06-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello fellow P99 fans!
I have for quite a long time been puzzled as to how the dynamics of Combat skill 1hb h2h 1hs, offensive skill, strength worked with each other. I have looked all over any EQ resource I have and I can't seem to find any reliable information, formulas etc.

I have found the formula for weapon efficiency (from the FAQ) But i don't know how weapon skills, the offense skill or strength effects damage output. Any reply would be a huge help to me!

President
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Haynar stated he has been working for quite some time using old logs trying to get AC/Miss Rate/Max Hit/etc.(npc and pc) working properly. I believe it may take some time longer as there are a LOT of things to change when he puts it all in. I don't believe it's known what set "formulas" there are, and these issues have been brought up before without GM's providing any formulas. It's possible after Haynar does all his fixes, he _may_ have something to provide, but I wouldn't count on it.

Soft
06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I actually was more looking for people who had this sort of information from live...

I was not asking for a GM to come here and say "here is how i coded the game enjoy" Also worth noting that gm's have already given out some forumals in other areas, not saying im asking a gm i was just looking for some player generated theory, which obviously is not as available in this game.

Dantes
06-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah that would be nice, wouldn't it? If we had this sort of information from live, we wouldn't have nearly as many threads complaining about how melee is supposedly broken.

Soft
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
What I have found the most frusturating about every MMO I have played aside from one, which I won't name, is an idea that information is to valuable to give back to the community. We talk about in the fighting game community a lot it's called STSFO, Save that shit for evo.

Evo is a competitive fighting game toruneyment that happens in America, and is pretty huge if you are into games like Streefighter or MvC2 etc. The idea that information should not be given away so as to not give other players the same advantage that many of the really great players have.

Now it's not hard to understand why people would want to keep good camps, good exp, even the way that dynamics work a secret. People enjoy having an advantage over other players. Sadly I think it does a large disservice to the community at large.

I've quit multiple MMO's based ont his factor including original eq, kunark and velious expansions. I had hoped that because this server was largly community driven it might be a bit different. Seems like it might not be.

BlackBellamy
06-03-2010, 01:28 PM
What I have found the most frusturating about every MMO I have played aside from one, which I won't name, is an idea that information is to valuable to give back to the community.

I'm trying as hard as I can to come up with a plausible reason why you would keep your super sekret mmo so super sekret.

Soft
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM
because as you have already shown it completly derails the discussion away from what i am trying to talk about. DURP like you just proved

Phallax
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow you come in asking for information. Prospect tells you there isnt really a good formula to go by yet and you freak the fuck out and basically call out the GMs and community then bitch when someone asks a simple question. Just answer the question and not act like a hard ass and you might not get derailed and the answers you want. Untill then GTFO we dont need your kind.

BlackBellamy
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
because as you have already shown it completly derails the discussion away from what i am trying to talk about. DURP like you just proved

No, had you mentioned the mmo by name I would have filed it away and no one else would have commented on it. But since you created this great big mystery about the ONLY MMO IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE THAT IS SO SPECIAL and then didn't name it, the derailment was self-inflicted.