PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Soloing Advice?

Khaedyn
11-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey all,

So i recently hit 35 on my barb shammy, and have been told that RM HG's are the way to go until 39ish when i can group in CoM. After getting all the way out there, I realize that my strategy needs some tuning.

My question is, which is the best method of soloing as a shaman at this level range? I find that kiting takes FOREVER, but Pet/Root rotting causes a lot of dead pets, and takes equally as long because the dots from 34 kinda suck.

any advice on how to become a better soloer would be greatly appreciated!
-Khaedyn

Orruar
11-15-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't know who said to do HGs, but that's a poor idea unless you're poor. I liked paw in the 30s. Root and use pet tank. With a regen on him, you can mainly just dot and then med/pet regen between fights. Can't remember if I used slow at that level.

Camulet
11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
I leveled on halfling guards in misty - decent exp and lots of cash $$$

Zar

Estu
11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
At 35 I believe I was in North Karana killing the human guards (there are a bunch of them). I tried a bunch of different strategies for the killing method and don't remember what exactly I settled on. I think the two big contenders are root-dotting (plus sending the pet in occasionally until it gets badly wounded, then taking it back to heal up by itself) and splitting tanking with your pet while slowing and dotting. Which one is better may depend on your gear.

Hroth
11-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I can't recall if I was doing halfling guards in misty or guards in HHK at that level, but it was one of the two. Generally just root rott and send the pet in at 40% health or so to help finish them off.

Hill giants are going to be really bad exp compared to other places you could go.