PDA

View Full Version : Seafury Isle

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 12:10 AM
So, what's the deal with this place? Is this the angsty player hangout?

Thus far I've had a BDA Druid accuse & "warn" me from stealing FTE on their snared mob (who, ironically did not chase me "ensnared"), an Enchanter charming my mobs at 15% so they die for no exp/loot (Raemius) and the looting of my kills while I fought 7-8 giants by a Necro in FC.

Yes, I do big pulls but no, I am not obligated to "share" them with others, especially when my first day there, all 3 of the above things happened within an hour time frame.

Is there a spot to farm for coin that is filled with less MEMEMEME or am I stuck dealing with shitheads until I get the plat I need for what I'm after?

Daldolma
11-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Thus far I've had a BDA Druid accuse & "warn" me from stealing FTE on their snared mob (who, ironically did not chase me "ensnared"), an Enchanter charming my mobs at 15% so they die for no exp/loot (Raemius) and the looting of my kills while I fought 7-8 giants by a Necro in FC.

Yes, I do big pulls but no, I am not obligated to "share" them with others, especially when my first day there, all 3 of the above things happened within an hour time frame.

Is there a spot to farm for coin that is filled with less MEMEMEME or am I stuck dealing with shitheads until I get the plat I need for what I'm after?

ITT: guy monopolizing half a dozen plus spawns at a time, to the point that he can't loot his own mobs before they become lootable by all, complains about other people being greedy.

Welcome to P99.

ArumTP
11-26-2012, 12:42 AM
1% problems

Paumad
11-26-2012, 12:59 AM
What would Klubba do?

dredge
11-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Sounds to me that the loot timer is functioning as intended, maybe you need to slow your roll if shits in danger of rotting.

Hailto
11-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Have killed 6-7 at once on my shaman and never had loot rot. You need to step up your game son.

Kraftwerk
11-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Did you just start playing P99? This sounds tame compared to the shitfests that I've seen and participated in going down on seafury isle in the past.

Kraftwerk
11-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Here is an example, that's a Necro going out of his way to FD spectres onto my pet while I'm killing SFs because he was so mad at me for killing SFs :

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i365/Tskinner615/EQ000032-1.jpg

Step up your game son. SFs are serious fucking business.

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Typically I loot right as I kill them, but with this particular Necro, he hovered over the corpses as I was reapplying root, waiting for the <5 minute timer. No loot rots on my pulls. This fight in specific was 9 seafuries (53)...and I don't have paralyzing earth.

Either way, in regards to killing, it's not an issue...

This is my first time, in over a year, fighting at Seafuries and it appears things have gotten worse in regards to the type of player that farms there.

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
ITT: guy monopolizing half a dozen plus spawns at a time, to the point that he can't loot his own mobs before they become lootable by all, complains about other people being greedy.

Welcome to P99.

I wasn't complaining about greed... per say, just the general mindset of people. You get trained, you have shit completely made up about how you're stealing other peoples spawns and people intentionally train you. I came back from an afk and was being accused of stealing someones giant.

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Typically I loot right as I kill them, but with this particular Necro, he hovered over the corpses as I was reapplying root, waiting for the <5 minute timer. No loot rots on my pulls. This fight in specific was 9 seafuries (53)...and I don't have paralyzing earth.

Either way, in regards to killing, it's not an issue...

This is my first time, in over a year, fighting at Seafuries and it appears things have gotten worse in regards to the type of player that farms there.

Correction, after reviewing the SS, it was 7 seafuries.

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
http://s10.postimage.org/vqudr4rnp/EQ000115.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/vqudr4rnp/)

Kaym
11-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Claim FTE on a mob when you're dead wrong, instantly start spewing/trash talking... all while taking at the very least 6 minutes to kill multiple 6:40 spawns, as well as the possibility of spamming cancel magic on peoples mobs. (No evidence unfortunately!)

Yeah, I wonder why people tend to treat you the way they do! ;)

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 04:17 AM
^^ claim FTE on multiple mobs when said mobs are engaged and claims burst of flame being cast for FTE when taking 6+ minutes to kill multiple 6:40 spawns

Goes both ways, random dude.

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Claim FTE on a mob when you're dead wrong, instantly start spewing/trash talking... all while taking at the very least 6 minutes to kill multiple 6:40 spawns, as well as the possibility of spamming cancel magic on peoples mobs. (No evidence unfortunately!)

Btw, melodic death metal? Really?

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 04:29 AM

Afk cutting myself to melodic death metal :(

Netherzul
11-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Anyhow, Seafury Isle is the definition of blue FFA. I've got it figured out, thanks for your participation in my first and last RNF thread.

/waves

Kaym
11-26-2012, 04:40 AM
8 out of the 9 most recent posts are yours.

Mentally unstable/extremely good troll, not sure yet.

Sturgeon
11-26-2012, 06:12 AM
If this shit bothers you, come to R99 you neckbeard

Shinko
11-26-2012, 06:31 AM
i farm them on red server like a boss

Lorraine
11-26-2012, 07:33 AM
like a boss

Nivar Quartz
11-26-2012, 07:58 AM
i farm them on red server like a trick

fishingme
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Doesn't matter how long it takes for someone to kill a mob. Look at other classes who take that long.

fishingme
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep, I just triple checked the rules on the server and taking 6 minutes to kill a mob doesn't mean anything. Mythbusted.

Ephi
11-26-2012, 01:03 PM

The short answer to your first question is: yes. We respond to issues in OOT almost daily. And it's almost always the same thing (soandso quad kites, someone trains them or starts fearing their mobs).

That said, most of the spawns on the island are roaming, so FTE is the basic rule there. I wouldn't recommend setting up camp at the top of the hill unless you like getting griefed by other players for monopolizing the hill. I also wouldn't recommend trying to consume every spawn by quad kiting or whatever. Sharing is caring. The people who get the most grief are always those who are frankly being greedy. Against the rules? No. Makes you look like a jackass? Yes.

If you have an issue with a player, please petition it. If you have fraps or screenshots of them griefing you, all the better. All this is to say: two wrongs don't make a right. So whatever you (or anyone else) does, do not return the favor if someone gives you trouble. That's a good way to get suspended.

Stinkum
11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Ahh, I remember the name Netherzul. His first char was a Dark Elf Necro, trained a Sand Giant on me in Oasis and killed me. I assumed it was accidentally as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I didn't even say anything.

Then for no reason he decides to send me a tell. No, not to say "sorry dude" but to laugh about how funny training me was and how stoned he was right now.

Massive douche bag and not surprised he has a shitty rep.

HIYO
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
If you have issues with someone looting your corpses before you get to them... well... loot faster. It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob).

Good to know,

doraf
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM

You have to be a major asshole to piss of Raemius. He's a good guy. You on the other hard sound like a major douchebag.

fishingme
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
You have to be a major asshole to piss of Raemius. He's a good guy. You on the other hard sound like a major douchebag.

Actually netherzul is a fantastic guy, extremely helpful. Raemius must of forgotten to take his meds that day.

Nivar Quartz
11-26-2012, 11:15 PM
The short answer to your first question is: yes. We respond to issues in OOT almost daily. And it's almost always the same thing (soandso quad kites, someone trains them or starts fearing their mobs).

That said, most of the spawns on the island are roaming, so FTE is the basic rule there. I wouldn't recommend setting up camp at the top of the hill unless you like getting griefed by other players for monopolizing the hill. I also wouldn't recommend trying to consume every spawn by quad kiting or whatever. Sharing is caring. The people who get the most grief are always those who are frankly being greedy. Against the rules? No. Makes you look like a jackass? Yes.

If you have an issue with a player, please petition it. If you have fraps or screenshots of them griefing you, all the better. All this is to say: two wrongs don't make a right. So whatever you (or anyone else) does, do not return the favor if someone gives you trouble. That's a good way to get suspended.

If you have issues with someone looting your corpses before you get to them... well... loot faster. It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob). If I see someone trying to own the whole island but can't loot their corpses, you better believe I'm going to run in there and scoop it up. ;)

And this spells LOL's inc

Frieza_Prexus
11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
It's perfectly legit to loot a corpse which has opened up to other players (unless it's a raid mob).

I know this is a derail, so I apologize for that, however I feel that this statement begs some questions.

With all due respect, I believe this statement is an inaccurate reflection of current P99 rules as implemented by Rogean. I would like to open a discussion (however brief or extensive) on the topic to understand more properly these rules. I would, of course, love for Rogean or Nilbog to weigh in.

With that said, I believe the current state of P99 rules regarding unlocked corpses is that it is unlawful to loot any mob (raid or lay) that you either did not kill yourself (individually or as participant in a raid/group) or have not been granted explicit permission to loot.

I believe this is the case as discussed in my posts here:

Initial reasoning: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635790&postcount=19
On Ninja Looting: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635851&postcount=44
Why Rogean's statements do not differentiate between raids and individuals; only ownership (individually or collectively) of a mob's corpse matters: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=636095&postcount=73 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635838&postcount=41

It seems to me that because ninja looting is an individual offense, and because Rogean rebuts the idea that raids and individual offenses are different, that looting any mob to which you do not already own or have been granted the rights to is wrong.

If we allow corpse unlocking to absolve any concept of ninja looting, the concept begins to lose any and all meaning. What if I kill the paw buster and I tell my friend to come loot the pipe only to have the corpse unlock before he gets there? If a random monk comes by and loots it, does he have no culpability because the corpse unlocked?

I believe that would not only be bad policy, but that it is not the state of the rules on P99. In all of this, there is an argument that one can cede their loot rights to a mob by their behavior (such as running away or camping), but this is a possible exception to the general rule. To investigate this exception will require a case by case analysis and a factual inquiry into the specific circumstances. Yes, it is obviously smart to lock a corpse you mean to preserve, but that is not the issue. We are talking about the ownership of loot rights. This is an open question to the community, and I believe we would prosper greatly from a final and authoritative explanation.

Kassel
11-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Xasten it should not be news to you that the rules change on this server depending on which gm responds.

Ephi
11-27-2012, 12:22 AM
I know this is a derail, so I apologize for that, however I feel that this statement begs some questions.

With all due respect, I believe this statement is an inaccurate reflection of current P99 rules as implemented by Rogean. I would like to open a discussion (however brief or extensive) on the topic to understand more properly these rules. I would, of course, love for Rogean or Nilbog to weigh in.

With that said, I believe the current state of P99 rules regarding unlocked corpses is that it is unlawful to loot any mob (raid or lay) that you either did not kill yourself (individually or as participant in a raid/group) or have not been granted explicit permission to loot.

Initial reasoning: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635790&postcount=19
On Ninja Looting: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635851&postcount=44
Why Rogean's statements do not differentiate between raids and individuals; only ownership (individually or collectively) of a mob's corpse matters: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=636095&postcount=73 and http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=635838&postcount=41

It seems to me that because ninja looting is an individual offense, and because Rogean rebuts the idea that raids and individual offenses are different, that looting any mob to which you do not already own or have been granted the rights to is wrong.

If we allow corpse unlocking to absolve any concept of ninja looting, the concept begins to lose any and all meaning. What if I kill the paw buster and I tell my friend to come loot the pipe only to have the corpse unlock before he gets there? If a random monk comes by and loots it, does he have no culpability because the corpse unlocked?

I believe that would not only be bad policy, but that it is not the state of the rules on P99. In all of this, there is an argument that one can cede their loot rights to a mob by their behavior (such as running away or camping), but this is a possible exception to the general rule. To investigate this exception will require a case by case analysis and a factual inquiry into the specific circumstances. Yes, it is obviously smart to lock a corpse you mean to preserve, but that is not the issue. We are talking about the ownership of loot rights. This is an open question to the community, and I believe we would prosper greatly from a final and authoritative explanation.

Well said, and in many cases very accurate. What I said was more of an off-the-cuff remark (which I now regret, and will edit my post to reflect) than an enforceable rule.

We certainly investigate any and all instances of ninja looting, however trivial. That said, there are many occasions where nothing is done. A great example is someone who camps the AC, and then logs to an alt to loot it. If someone came along and looted the ring in the interim, we likely wouldn't discipline anyone.

Now obviously you can't just leave it at that either, every scenario is unique and investigated as such.

More importantly, just have someone lock the corpse to prevent it in the first place ;)

Nordenwatch
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
I remember the days I was farming at seafury island... it was such a shitstorm even before the corrupted seafuries and quag was walking around.

I can't even imagine how ridiculous it is now with shams root rotting 8 of them at a time... I was talking to a shaman before who said people kept KSing his 8 seafuries so he would pull them to AC island and root rot them there.

Needless to say I wanted to punch this shaman in the back of the head

Daldolma
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM

2L?

Kraftwerk
11-27-2012, 02:57 PM
What is the ruling on me accidentally casting nullify magic on SFs that happen to be in the process of being root dot'd by a shaman?

Massive Marc
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Wow scrub. Get someone threating to ddos the server and try to get you banned by the staff for killing seafuries, then you can complain. What you're dealing with ? rookie shit.

Tasslehofp99
11-29-2012, 11:12 PM
It's funny too because druids quad kiting is actually faster/more efficient then any classes root/dotting. It takes less then 3 minutes to gather/quad kite to death 4 seafuries at lvl 60, how many mobs can one root dot in that time? I'd wager on 1-2, maybe 3 mobs dying in that time to a shaman/necros DoT's. Theres always been this debate/drama on seafury isle unfortunately; only way to fix it is just ban people who attack/engage/ks mobs that have already been engaged. Otherwise it's just going to keep going on, and people are going to keep getting pissed and try to retaliate.

If I'm killing at Seafuries it tends to be during the dead hours, because if there is more then 1-3 ppl at seafuries depending on class/level...its not even worth it. I actually quit farming seafuries a while ago and started farming items to sell instead, even if they are low-end items which sell for small amounts. The headache of SF isle being avoided saves me the stress of having to compete over green cons with mongoloids who can't figure out better ways of making plat.

Seriously though, how hard is it to just not touch a mob that someone else has already engaged? lol the best is when you've got 4 giants gathered/snared and some prick picks one off and tries to say "Oops, didnt know there was 4 there and can't tell they were engaged because they run the same way when snared/unengaged."

Needless to say -- quag maelstrom/corrupted seafuries are an excellent way of dealing with KS'ing pricks in OOT. Snare, kite over KS'ing pricks mobs, throw a dot/nuke on it, gate, laugh at pwned assholes who go unpunished and continually greif players just looking to acquire loot through their own hard work/farming. I mean, if you're going to SF isle 2-3 times a week, and the same asshole continually fucks with you even after being petitioned...what do you do then?

Tasslehofp99
12-03-2012, 02:49 AM
werd, cant wait till I got a toon to post up at seafury island to show you suckers how to shaere.

Tasslehofp99
12-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Maybe It will be a necro, or shaman so I can take 20 minutes to kill mobs that respawn in 6.5 minutes, but atleast I would be able to kill 5-6 at a time and stop everyone else on the island from killing seafuries faster then me.

Kaym
12-03-2012, 03:49 AM
It's funny too because druids quad kiting is actually faster/more efficient then any classes root/dotting. It takes less then 3 minutes to gather/quad kite to death 4 seafuries at lvl 60, how many mobs can one root dot in that time? I'd wager on 1-2, maybe 3 mobs dying in that time to a shaman/necros DoT's. Theres always been this debate/drama on seafury isle unfortunately; only way to fix it is just ban people who attack/engage/ks mobs that have already been engaged. Otherwise it's just going to keep going on, and people are going to keep getting pissed and try to retaliate.

You're assuming there are 4 readily available to pick up and quad. In a situation you're able to gather 4 that quickly, it ceases to be a situation in the first place.

For comparison, though, I generally kill 2 at time in ~3 minutes conservatively on a 60 shaman, and almost never attempt to keep more than 2 on me at a time.

As long as said person isn't choking up spawns (shaman epic dotting 4 times, druid/wizard running around for 5+ minutes looking for a 4th to finish out the set, etc), there really shouldn't be a problem at all. The biggest issue out there is people's attitudes, like this Netherzul/Powertrip guy.

quido
12-03-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm coming to SF isle and I'm just gonna use my level 19 dot to kill stuff and manastone all day long just to hold down my roots. It's gonna be great.

Smyd
12-03-2012, 04:10 AM

Ignorance just cost you any sort of credibility.
Sounds to me like people treated you just as you should have been.

Have a good day, homo.

Orruar
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm coming to SF isle and I'm just gonna use my level 19 dot to kill stuff and manastone all day long just to hold down my roots. It's gonna be great.

Better to just pull SFs out to the ocean and root them out of sight. Then once you have nearly every spawn out there, let roots break and kite them across the zone.

Hollywood
12-03-2012, 10:06 AM
What would Klubba do?

Probably post some more of your RMT bragging?

gotrocks
12-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Against the rules? No. Makes you look like a jackass? Yes.

Sharing is caring.

I am just a carebear, but this is my general philosphy about eq. Do things like a dick, get treated like a dick. Share, be fair to everyone, and be courteous and you'll have alot more friends/fun.

Unless of course you like having your pixels alone. I don't, and I do have a life outside this game. Maybe thats why im not a sociopath about eq.

Nirgon
12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Do things like a dick, get treated like a dick, still own biggest plat camp in game

Alawen
12-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I camp seafuries on a semi-regular basis. It's really not that hard to get along with people there; I've made quite a few friends to bullshit with while I med up.

Just don't be a complete prick.

gotrocks
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Do things like a dick, get treated like a dick, still own biggest plat camp in game

this made me lol

Tarathiel
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
i think sirken needs to be called out to pull up the logs, FTE on cyclops is serious business

Kraftwerk
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Some people just don't appreciate the finer art of Bard Charm Kiting

http://i.imgur.com/dy4fz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8mUxA.jpg

Doors
12-03-2012, 09:50 PM
haha baller status.

ArumTP
12-04-2012, 07:01 AM
That is boss. This is how gentlemen clear seafury island, by overwhelming force.

Kaym
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
The real question... why doesn't he have weapons?!