PDA

View Full Version : Kedge Keep still bugged?

PearlJammzz
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I am finally getting to the level where Kedge Keep is a possibility. Is it still super buggy, and have completely messed up pathing/aggro range? I have heard nothing but horror stories from Kedge on this server, and am wondering if I should even attempt to go into this zone yet or if it's fixed.

Omnimorph
06-03-2010, 12:14 PM
You look into the first room and 8 fish are on you, you kill these and go down the tunnel, more mobs are on you. Not a very solo-friendly zone, maybe with a decent group you could reap the benefits... but other than that? probably not a wise choice.

PearlJammzz
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Any plan on fixing the weird aggro ranges/pathing in the zone?

And ya I will for sure take a full group in there when/if I go. I just LOVED the one back on live, and I want to play in it some more :). From the sounds of it the zone is almost un-playable w/o a lot of people?

Rogean
06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure its not at the top of anyone's priority list.

Akame
06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
But I like sushi! And Kedge was also a personal favorite of mine back in the day as well.

Aeolwind
06-03-2010, 04:26 PM
It's not that it isn't a priority, it is just a limitation of the pathing code. It does not handle Z Axis movement well. And since Kedge is the ONLY zone that is is a serious issue with...

Akame
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
It's not that it isn't a priority, it is just a limitation of the pathing code. It does not handle Z Axis movement well. And since Kedge is the ONLY zone that is is a serious issue with...

I understand. 3d fighting adds a whole new level of "suck" for programming, compounded on it's only an issue in one of numerous zones in the game, one that I'm guessing will have a low population of favorites since 3d fighting also adds a whole new level of difficulty to the players as well.

Edit: Question from a non programmer, is it possible to create Axis floors for pathing (complete with elevators so they can get UP to the players) and then just treat kedge like a several story building? It may make the mobs look like they are in packman, but it might solve the 8 clump per room if I understand the problem right.

Phallax
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Kedge isnt all that bad.. I leveled there from 39-48 roughly almost all of it in KK. Was the same 3 of us with mostly trio, sometimes wed add another emmber or 2, but with a good puller and good players Its not that bad to just sit at zoneline exping. Our puller was able to pull alot of stuff once top was clear, including mermaids and Cauldronbubble solo or +1.

But trying to solo it pre-50 or mobilizing around the zone for exp isnt the greatest idea.