PDA

View Full Version : new Druid!

DarkNess
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM
hey guys :)

Plan on rolling a druid on here,dispite the possibility of the hundreds of others that might be on the server xD

I'm curious how to go about with spell money. Is there a good write up somewhere or on the wiki? (I have a feeling I might of missed something)

Also,how are they for grouping and whats the closest thing I should get for starting gear?

Name is Andrana

SamwiseRed
12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
ermg druid da best class i aint even trollin. i could write a novel on drruids but it would probably get me banned because everyone would reroll druid after reading it. roll halfling if you have any decency in you.

Akim
12-08-2012, 07:49 AM
are you on blue or red
ill give you spell money pm me

Estu
12-08-2012, 10:10 AM
hey guys :)

Plan on rolling a druid on here,dispite the possibility of the hundreds of others that might be on the server xD

I'm curious how to go about with spell money. Is there a good write up somewhere or on the wiki? (I have a feeling I might of missed something)

Also,how are they for grouping and whats the closest thing I should get for starting gear?

Name is Andrana

Spell money is only an issue until you're in your late teens or so - at that point, you easily make more money from loot than you need to spend on spells. Before that, you can get extra money by selling bone chips (5-10pp a stack) to necros, high quality bear pelts (10-20pp each) to tailors, and spiderling silk (don't remember exact going rate, probably around 10pp/stack) to tailors. Also, focus on hunting humanoid and undead mobs since they will drop weapons and armor that you can sell to merchants. Additionally, you can sell Crushbone belts and pads for 1pp each and 2pp each respectively to players who turn them in for EXP.

Druids are pretty 'meh' grouping. You'll find groups but you won't be the first choice. Usually you'll be on backup heals (or main heals if the group can't find a cleric), buffs, and snares/roots.

In terms of soloing, learn to charm at level 14 (I recommend East Karana) and never look back. It's by far the fastest way of EXPing a druid and there is discussion on charm strategy in this forum.

In terms of gear, it depends on your price range. A good cheap item to get is a springwood club - an OK weapon early on can definitely help you out before you move on to only doing spell damage. If you plan on quad-kiting you'll want to get your WIS to around 200, but charming is better EXP so I wouldn't necessarily worry about that. Druids are not super gear-dependent and you can generally just afford to get gear as you level (spending extra money in EC).

Briscoe
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
roll halfling if you have any decency in you.

Or kill them when you reach your mid/high 20s and never worry about money problems again...

Bubbles
12-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Don't even mess with bone chips. The market is so overflooded (and necros generally farm their own anyways) that it's pretty dang tough to unload even a 20stack at peak hours. You are better off hitting up the Nybright Sisters in Lesser Faydark or Crushbone / Unrest / Befallen / Upperguk etc.. depending on where you are centrally located. You will do plenty fine for cash just killing things..

Best advice is to use the wiki and figure out what spells you'll want and need right away and which you can wait on for a few levels till your cash supply overflows.

(example: Dance of the Fireflies and Ward Summoned.. not so necessary at early levels. Skin like Rock and Healing and Shield of Brambles and Snare, however.. very necessary..)

And of course, never hesitate to ask higher level priest classes how they survived at lower levels. Many will often toss you cash or a lowbie item/weapon or two just to be left alone. Or even know of a place at your level they hunted at which brought them untold riches. Knowledge is power. ;)

Groo
12-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I initially made money in Qeynos Hills, turning in putrid animal hides and hunting for HQ bear skins. I sold a couple of HQ skins in EC with my trader mule, and found someone selling a nice 1hb magic weapon for 20pp.

After that, I went to Erud's Crossing and hunted even & blue con willowisps and filled up on as many greater lightstones as I could carry, before turning them in to Mrysilla in NK for xp and loot.

I stayed in NK for awhile to hunt for more wisps. Around that time, I made some more good xp and loot soloing bandits in WC and turning in their sashes. I was able to upgrade to some decent gear and always could afford all of my spells.