PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Illusion ?

skottomania
12-10-2012, 04:56 AM
The wiki for the quest tells me the 4 items I need. The question I have is about the last one. In the dialogue with Luminare Pasinia she says, "...and a sabertooth tiger mane." Then when describing the fours items, the wiki lists it as "Sabertooth Mane", for which no page exists. When I look up "a sabertooth tiger" it drops a "sabertooth tiger mane"...is this the one I need? I'm asking because apparently there are two different sabertooth tigers, one that's level 18 - 21 and the other one in OT that still cons DB to me at 41. Am I looking for "a sabertooth tiger mane" or "Sabertooth Mane"?

goshozal
12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
I got one from the tigers in LoIO along the shores of the lake near the windmill, not far from the ruins and the area where the goblin gaz ring drops. I don't remember the item name, it was too long ago, but it was the no-drop version. The picture was the red catskin.

Maksim

Phinger
12-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Pretty sure it drops from either, the loio ones are much easier to kill...that's where i got mine as well. I don't remember the name either, but its no drop

skottomania
12-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Okay thanks! Glad I asked cuz I currently have the one that ISN'T No Drop, however, it IS a Lore Item. All I gotta snag now is the Froglok Ton Totem. Ugh. Wish me luck.

goshozal
12-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Honestly don't stress about this quest until you're high level enough to do it quite safely solo. Like 30-ish.

Pro tip: See what your faction is like with illusion: skeleton in cabilis. It should be almost exactly the same as iks illusion. Just avoid the shaman guild, and you're fine. Oh and there's one guard in Field of Bone, Crusader Quarg, who will fuck you up no matter your illusion. Just use invis.

skottomania
12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Seriously!? I didn't know skeletons were cool to iksar? Same goes for Dry Bone too? What about spirit wolf?

Swish
12-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Seriously!? I didn't know skeletons were cool to iksar? Same goes for Dry Bone too? What about spirit wolf?

Its been called a bug by many. Iksar necros can waltz around Oggok and other usually kos towns in skeleton form. If it works for enchanters too then absolutely take advantage of it :)

Not sure on the wolf, would be nice to know :)

Heavydrop
12-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Until I killed a few Ogre guards in Oggok I could vendor and move around in Ogre town just fine in wolf form as my druid.
Might still be able to but honestly I have no real reason to go there anymore

goshozal
12-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I haven't tried other illusions like drybone or wolf or elementals, because regular skelly illusion worked so I never bothered.

HOWEVER you will still be KOS to the shaman guild, and like I said Crusader Quarg in field of bone will see through any illusion and kick your butt.

There are no shaman mobs in cabilis that I know of except in that guild building by field of bone so they're easy to avoid.

Maksim