PDA

View Full Version : The name "Ramm"

Ramm
06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Hello!

Some background:

I started playing EQ in the summer of 2000. It was my first online game of any kind.

Knowing nothing whatsoever about lag and Linkdeath and latency, I chose to go on the most highly populated server, thinking this would be the best way to garner fame and fortune. That server, at that time, was Mithaniel Marr.

Knowing nothing (again) I chose a paladin, and promptly wasted 5 points in Charisma, assuming that I'd be gaining skill ups through battle in stuff like STR and STA anyway.

I wanted the name Ram. Because EQ didn't allow 3 letter names, I got stuck with the name Ramm.

On Mithaniel Marr, after some years of play, Ramm eventually gained some of that fame and fortune he always wanted. He was an officer in one of the server's top guilds before the Saryrn merger (Altered Vision). He became one of "those people" on the server whom everyone had heard of or seen or hung out with. His reputation was generally spotless, if I may say, and he played a LOT.

I wasted 6 years of my youth, over 400 days played, over 700 AA's and 80 levels, on Ramm--Ramm Knight (a surname I once had to fight for by posting on several of the game's most popular forums after an idiot Guide decided to take away the surname, even after I'd had it for about 2 years by that point... I eventually did get it back, with the Guide's apologies). I quit EQ when my guild broke up, after we had lost just too many people... I think it was in 2005.

A part of me wishes my time on EQ had never happened... another part of me will forever and always be Ramm.

So, when my old guildies asked me to come try out Project1999, well, honestly, I jumped at the chance. I've always missed oldschool EQ and I highly doubt any new MMO will ever be as good as EQ was in its prime.

BUT........ the catch...... SOMEONE on the Project1999 server already has the name Ramm :(

Now...... I wouldn't even bother making this post if I believed that the "Ramm" name was common enough that tons of people had used it a ton back in the day. But honestly, in all my years of playing EQ and scouring the various boards of the various "big" servers, I never met any other Ramm worth mentioning--that is, no other top level Ramm, no other long-term, long-playing Ramm.

I never met a Ramm other than myself who wasn't an alt.

So.... I'm sure plenty of people will think me a jerk for even trying, but I'm humbly requesting that the "Ramm" on Project1999, whoever he is, kindly relinquish the name back to its true owner.

If you're out there, Ramm2... I don't know if you made the name as an homage to me or just as a coincidence, but let's talk! Perhaps we can come to some kind of agreement? I promise, if you give me back my name, I will help you with anything you need for as long as we're both playing :) And if you know Ramm, you know that's a promise you can hang your hat on.

OR, if anyone reading this knows who this new Ramm is, and could let me know the situation, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Ramm Knight
Officer of Altered Vision
Mithaniel Marr Server

gnomishfirework
06-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Not appropriate. If this guy has already built up a reputation here you have no right to try to guilt him into giving "the name back to its true owner."

You are not the true owner. You also refer to them as Ramm2. I highly doubt they chose the name because of you. I never heard of you and I have played since before Kunark, so you weren't that well known game-wide.

Ramm isn't all that unique a name either.

Get over it. This is highly inappropriate to try and guilt someone into giving up a name they have already have so you can try to relive your former glory. If they have built up a reputation with that name, it is you who would be stealing it.

if it is an alt, no big deal maybe they will, but the current Ramm is the "true owner." Not you.

If the name was highly unique, I wouldn't think it such a big deal, but come on.

I resent this type of stuff. I was accused of stealing the name "Tork" on stromm (not from the Tork who apparently was a quite famous bard) but from tons of his "fans." I was already level 15 and did not want to reroll. It was merely a coincidence. That player WAS game-wide famous (though I had not heard of them. I was able to find them from a quick web search.) Tork is even more unique tahn Ramm. I just happened to come up with it after a few tries at my normal names were taken. I try to use the name in every game now since I have fond memories of that character, but sometimes its taken. I never cry over it though.

Ramm
06-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Honestly, I'm pretty sure it IS an alt, since most of the people on this forum seem to be using their main toon's name as their forum name, and since I was able to get the name Ramm for myself on this forum, at least.

You can have your opinion, but "not appropriate"? Give me a break. You make it sound like I'm doing something criminal by asking to get back the name I used as my alter-ego for six years of my life.

I want my name back. If I can't get it, I'll leave the game. That's all. Let's not get overly dramatic in typical internet-forum-fashion, please. Good lord.

girth
06-07-2010, 02:05 AM
If I can't get it, I'll leave the game. That's all. Let's not get overly dramatic in typical internet-forum-fashion, please.

Let's not get overly dramatic

If I can't get it, I'll leave the game.

That's all.

Ramm
06-07-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry, how's that being overly dramatic?

Remember, I'm JUST STARTING.... I literally just downloaded the thing tonight. What's dramatic about "leaving" a game I haven't even played yet?

Again... I'm not looking for drama. I just want to talk to "Ramm" on Project1999, because I have a feeling that I'm more emotionally attached to the name than anybody else who's played Everquest (a video game).

Please save your e-crucifixions for more worthy victims.

K?

Nocte
06-07-2010, 02:17 AM
What's dramatic about "leaving" a game I haven't even played yet?

This thread's existence, for one.

I doubt this take-my-toys-and-go-home attitude is going to convince anyone to give up their alt's name, regardless of how often that character is played. Also consider that a very (very) small portion of the server even bothers to check the forums, and an even smaller portion bothers to post.

Also, the existing P99 Ramm may or may not have the surname 'Colon.' I'm not confirming anything, though.

girth
06-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Not playing solely because your name is taken...

That's like a damn 6 year old dude. Who cares though, you seem like a tool. Goodbye.

Ethanblack
06-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Ah, stop hassling the Op you gingersnaps.

If the name Ramm has been taken by some hardly-played randoma lt or inactive guy, I'm sure he could get it back, he asked nice enough.

If not, he can leave or do what he likes.

Stop being E-dicks for every moment of your life.

Thumb up for the OP.

Ramm
06-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Thanks, Ethan! :)

I find it rather sad that people who are obviously playing on this server for only one reason (nostalgia) still feel the need to rip into a guy who's obviously concerned with nothing more than nostalgia.

I'm being dramatic by making a simple request? I'm a douche because I want back the name of the toon I played for 6 years? LoL. Believe it or not, fellas, "threatening" to leave a game isn't exactly a world-ending proposition for some of us. Even if I don't play on Project1999, guess what? I continue to exist! Mhm!

I love the way people find it so easy to be spiteful and cruel on the internet. Where are all these free-thinkin tough-guy badasses in the real world? I never seem to run into them.

All I can say is I hope the person playing Ramm right now is less of a douche than you people are. By all means, continue gnashing your teeth and rending your garments over my most heinous sin. God forbid that someone going back to a game wearing the label "1999" would DARE want to relive a prior experience.

Meanwhile, perhaps the P1999 clientele who go to bed before 1am are less preposterously angry? God, I hope so.

Ethanblack
06-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Thanks, Ethan! :)

I find it rather sad that people who are obviously playing on this server for only one reason (nostalgia) still feel the need to rip into a guy who's obviously concerned with nothing more than nostalgia.

I'm being dramatic by making a simple request? I'm a douche because I want back the name of the toon I played for 6 years? LoL. Believe it or not, fellas, "threatening" to leave a game isn't exactly a world-ending proposition for some of us. Even if I don't play on Project1999, guess what? I continue to exist! Mhm!

I love the way people find it so easy to be spiteful and cruel on the internet. Where are all these free-thinkin tough-guy badasses in the real world? I never seem to run into them.

All I can say is I hope the person playing Ramm right now is less of a douche than you people are. By all means, continue gnashing your teeth and rending your garments over my most heinous sin. God forbid that someone going back to a game wearing the label "1999" would DARE want to relive a prior experience.

Meanwhile, perhaps the P1999 clientele who go to bed before 1am are less preposterously angry? God, I hope so.

Well, here's hoping you get your name, if not, I encourage you to stick with the game. Perhaps you could make Ramm your surname? (I think it makes a cool surname), just gotta pick yourself a new forename. :P

Ramm
06-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Hmm we'll see... I never got an alt past lvl 30ish or so back in the day.... kinda hard to imagine wasting time on this game without being a paly.... and very hard to imagine being a paly without being Ramm....

buuuuuut we'll see :) Thanks for the encouragement

Ropethunder
06-07-2010, 05:19 AM
Honestly, I'm pretty sure it IS an alt, since most of the people on this forum seem to be using their main toon's name as their forum name

My forum name doesn't match my in-game name.

Kuldiin
06-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Add another M to the name and stop being a baby.

Omnimorph
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM
It's a free server, if someone wants the name Ramm then they're entitled to it. Fair enough you'd like the name because you've used it before, but someone else beat you to the punch. Seems a bit unfair to refer to them as Ramm2 etc.

I suggest doing what anyone else would who wanted to play this game, create another toon. Or... like someone said incorporate "Ramm" into your name somehow.

Sadface
06-07-2010, 07:24 AM
I wanna be Ramm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Alleusion
06-07-2010, 07:26 AM
and very hard to imagine being a paly without being Ramm....

...a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet....

rockhopper
06-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Add another M to the name and stop being a baby.

Too late for him. I just made my alts: Rammm, Rammmm, Rammmmm, Rammmmmm, Rammmmmmm, Rammmmmmmm, Rammmmmmmmm, Rammmmmmmmmm, and Steve.

Taxi
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
...a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet....

We have some poets aboard!

Ethanblack
06-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Might I suggest 'Ramn' ? :D Same pronounciation, same length, only a one letter step!

nalkin
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
How about, Ramses. Thats the full name, not just the nickname.

Tseng
06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
The name means that much to you? Really? Enough to not play the server and offer up a novel explaining why?

astarothel
06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I bet I can come up with about 4 lines that would have not got you flamed (or at least flamed less).

I used the name Ramm playing on live for a really long time. It would mean a lot to me if I were able to have that as my in-game name on Proejct1999, but it seems someone has taken it. If the person that has taken it would consider changing it, it would be greatly appreciated.

The novel you wrote would have been okay, but the follow up reply of

I want my name back. If I can't get it, I'll leave the game.

pretty much sealed any hope of you getting it back. As other posters have mentioned Ramm is far from unique. I knew a different Ramm in EQ that wasn't you, two from DAOC, and another one from WoW.

If you're willing to throw away the experience that is Project1999 for a name, you'll be the one missing out, not the people on the server.

ryuut1
06-07-2010, 09:08 AM
my god you people are just so boring.

Goobles
06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Take this shit to R&F newbs.

Lill-Leif
06-07-2010, 09:12 AM
If Ramm doesn't get his name back I'm quitting as well. After his first post I can't imagine Norrath without such an e-celebrity as the hey-look-at-me-Im-famous-RAMM......

BlackBellamy
06-07-2010, 09:22 AM
The OP's petulant attitude makes me wish I had an alt named Ramm just so I can post an SS of him doing absolutely nothing but sitting in the EC tunnel watching the spam go by.

BTW, nothing good ever came out of Mithaniel Marr. Any characters that played there should be consigned to oblivion.

astarothel
06-07-2010, 09:36 AM
BTW, nothing good ever came out of Mithaniel Marr. Any characters that played there should be consigned to oblivion.

An Afterlife hater. God I haven't seen one of those in a while.

Shannacore
06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
this whole thread is SILLY

Stickyfingers
06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Such a sense of entitlement. Imagine this server as a fresh start....maybe you can come up with a new name..maybe even better! Ramm is a pretty horrible name anyways shouldn't be too hard.

YendorLootmonkey
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Just pretend your pally Ramm hooked up with some skanky chick in some upstairs room in one of the Freeport Inns (she wanted to know if anything about the name was indeed true.) Now you're playing his illegitimate paladin son with your father's reputation as your legacy to fulfill, and have your surname be Rammson. Come on, be creative. Build a new awesome reputation here.

YendorLootmonkey
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
this whole thread is SILLY

ur SILLY

mitic
06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Rammm?

Xenephex
06-07-2010, 10:30 AM
If Niami Denmother, Fansy the Bard, Raaj of Steel Warriors or one or two other actually famous eq people showed up here and wanted their names back, I think they would have a case.

I've never heard of Ramm.

Oh, and my board name is only used for an alt mule, it's not my main (who didn't get the name he wanted either, as it was already taken).

Bruman
06-07-2010, 10:53 AM
OP, welcome to what is basically the worst forum on the internet. Almost every thread immediately becomes multiple ePeen measuring contest and everyone calling each other "retard" and "idiot" and other things for no reason other than because it's an anonymous internet forum.

Good luck on reaching the original Ramm! Either way, you should totally stick around for a while. Most of the people in game have better attitudes than most of the forum people (until you get into lguk and solb, and raiding).

Qaedain
06-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Fansy the Bard

I had forgotten about Fansy. I sure hope his legendary tales are still available, because I'm in the mood for some lolz today.

Seriously: thank you.

//EDIT: Fansy the Bard! (http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php)

Ramm
06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
OP, welcome to what is basically the worst forum on the internet. Almost every thread immediately becomes multiple ePeen measuring contest and everyone calling each other "retard" and "idiot" and other things for no reason other than because it's an anonymous internet forum.

Good luck on reaching the original Ramm! Either way, you should totally stick around for a while. Most of the people in game have better attitudes than most of the forum people (until you get into lguk and solb, and raiding).

Wow, you're not kidding! I really expected a classier set of people on here.

Guess I have to thank them, though. They're keeping the thread alive where hopefully the other Ramm can see it, haha.

Thanks guys! You're my heroes!

Excision Rottun
06-07-2010, 11:11 AM
You have 14 Days. If after that time the name Ramm is not returned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so the real Ramm could have his name stolen. EVEN if the other Ramm created his character on this server first, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in East Commons trying to sell my loot, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is searching for Ramm2. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock name in the form of the Ramm which isn't even online and then to limit character names to not be duplicates.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

Kraftwerk
06-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Just pretend your pally Ramm hooked up with some skanky chick in some upstairs room in one of the Freeport Inns (she wanted to know if anything about the name was indeed true.) Now you're playing his illegitimate paladin son with your father's reputation as your legacy to fulfill, and have your surname be Rammson. Come on, be creative. Build a new awesome reputation here.

Best response in this entire thread. Also, I fail to see any point to about 75% of the reply posts other than vain attempts by e-thugs trying to look cool by jumping down someones throat. Is it really that painfully difficult for some of you to respond constructively in a thread that isn't even in the RnF forum?

Kuldiin
06-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Rambo?

astarothel
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Is it really that painfully difficult for some of you to respond constructively in a thread that isn't even in the RnF forum?

Hey Tom. Fuck you.

Branaddar
06-07-2010, 11:25 AM

No kidding. I mean, I remember my old server boards being a flame-fest, but not this bad.

I think you have a valid point in wanting your old name back, I just think maybe you soured your point a bit by playing the "if I can't get it I quit" card.

I know I would've been a sad panda if Branaddar or Razormaw had been taken, and the first was a random generated name, too! My roomy wanted me to play on his server and was impatient as I sat thinking up a good name, stole my mouse, clicked random and next.

It increases the chance of having people you used to know bump into you and go "hey!" than some derivation of the old name, which people will assume isn't related.

astuce999
06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I ran into a similar problem, and Savok is having the same problem, if at all possible I would say don`t give up, I ended up adding `xx`to my name kinda like what they did after a server merger, and I enventually found the person who had taken my name and since it was on an unplayed alt they agreed to delete it and then I got to /petition and get my name back.

Good luck to you Ramm!

Astuce Subterfuge

Ramm
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement :)

I didn't even think when I threw in the words "I'll just leave the game" (or however I phrased it). It didn't even occur to me that anyone else would consider that a big deal. Clearly I'm out of practice dealing with gaming forums, haha. Anything you say can and will be thrown wildly out of proportion in a court of public opinion.

As for all the trolling, I think I've figured out what's going on here....

All the players who were trolls on their respective servers' boards are not just nostalgic for EQ... they're nostalgic for flaming and trolling, too! So since this is the main forum for the entire community now, what we have is a super-concentrated conglomeration of all of Norath's finest, most savagely vindictive flamers!

A perfect storm!

Taxi
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM

You havent been on the internet much, have you?

I can think of the heroes of newerth forum, darkfall forum, Dethecus wow forums for starters. This is nothing. Wait, its basically the best forum on the internet compared to the examples ive stated. No, seriously, the best.

Shannacore
06-07-2010, 12:28 PM
ur SILLY

yew LIKE IT

astarothel
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
yew LIKE IT

And you love it!

Kraftwerk
06-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey Tom. Fuck you.

Watch out of I'll go on another 1-2 week break leaving you to field the tells asking if I still farm Darkforge.

gnomishfirework
06-07-2010, 12:53 PM
If he hadn't claimed himself, literally the rightful Ramm and call the Ramm here Ramm2, people would have been ok with him.

He came in here demanding as his first post. Thats why he is getting this reaction.

Had he just said his little story and asked nicely if the name wasn't being used if he could have it, I would have wished him luck.

I always try to get Tork now when I start somewhere, but I would never demand it.

Shurid
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/Cpllulu/EQ/ramm.jpg

Shannacore
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
hahahaha

Bruman
06-07-2010, 01:05 PM

I can think of the heroes of newerth forum, darkfall forum, Dethecus wow forums for starters. This is nothing. Wait, its basically the best forum on the internet compared to the examples ive stated. No, seriously, the best.

Not many gaming forums, no. Several other forums for other various hobbies though.

Shurid
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
My bearded alt will be at first torch in EC all day, come beg me and I might give you the name.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/Cpllulu/EQ/ramm3.jpg

Ihealyou
06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm feeling like those screenshots aren't from P1999 :p

gnomishfirework
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Seriously though, Ramm (the op Ramm.) The community here is really nice.

I've gotten lots of help in game and some great groups. Just don't come here acting like you own the place and you should be ok.

girth
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Try Rammstein?

Gamkek
06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Such a sense of entitlement. Imagine this server as a fresh start....maybe you can come up with a new name..maybe even better! Ramm is a pretty horrible name anyways shouldn't be too hard.

This.

Sorry, OP. Not getting the name you want is part of playing MMOs. It's part of the genre. That's why I've got at least half a dozen different names that I use interchangeably for certain character types - for instance, roguish type characters always get one or two names that I often use. Warriors, have other names, etc. It wasn't something I planned, it just sort of happened through years of play.

I encourage you to try making a new name for a new character. P1999 is like coming back to EQ for the first time for a lot of us, starting over from scratch. A new character name will embrace that. Spend a bit deciding on a race/class/deity combo you like. Develop a rough sketch of a personality for him in your head, and a name that you really like. If you wind up enjoying playing the class, I'm sure you'll become just as attached to the new character as you were to your old EQ character.

The fact is we can't cater to every person that wanders into p99 wanting their old live character's name back. That's just silly and speaks of a pretty brash sense of entitlement. Bragging about your past reputation didn't earn you any points, by the way.

jilena
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Can this thread please generate enough rage to get itself moved to RnF? People gaining postcount over this is offensive.

Also, it's just a name. Make a new one.

Dac321
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Lol I guess the forums haven't changed much. Its good to be back.

Soft
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I loled Irl at my desk Girth. Now i am embarassed.

ooantipostoo
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=related

This is all!

Soft
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM

no wai taxi, this is much worse than 4chan /b/ rite?

surbated
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
You could be Rammx (ok, maybe a little too nerdy)

http://i48.tinypic.com/j09rmd.png

Phil
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Just roll "Rammed"

as in, I got rammed by someone who hijacked my e-name.

Dork
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Ramrod!!

Zordana
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Bye ramm!

Appaullo
06-07-2010, 06:57 PM
You say if you cant have your name you'll leave the game ... then a few posts later make a comment about "...anything you say can and will be wildly thrown out of context ..." ... er ... huh ... /gibber ..... /boggle .... this is funny. You say your taking your toys and going home if you dont get your way, then try to play the victim? ;P

For real man ... its just a name in just a game. Get over it.

Taxi
06-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Just roll "Rammed"

as in, I got rammed by someone who hijacked my e-name.

Ramm rolled?

Spud
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2729/st2020ramrod3hh.jpg

Heebee
06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
If Niami Denmother, Fansy the Bard, Raaj of Steel Warriors or one or two other actually famous eq people showed up here and wanted their names back, I think they would have a case.

Raaj actually plays on P99 - just not as Raaj ;-)

Kyronix
06-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Randy "The Ram" Robinson!!

He had the name first, no matter how many extra letters you add to it.

Taxi
06-07-2010, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOAXDb6fps&feature=related

yaaaflow
06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
edit: Joke removed, Aeolwind > me

Aeolwind
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Lols this is the 2nd time this has come up with names I used on an alt on this server (Hi Benjaman!). Anyway Ramm is one of my level 1 mules, I think he's holding onto a djarns ring or something like that. Sorry pal! PM me for paypal infos and maybe we can work something out.

:cough: Even joking about RMT can get you banned Yaaa. Here's a chance to fix it.

Ramm
06-07-2010, 10:33 PM
:cough: Even joking about RMT can get you banned Yaaa. Here's a chance to fix it.

What's RMT?

Insane
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Real Money Trade

Zereh
06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Just guessing - real money trades / transfers - or something close to that.

Z

Ramm
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Ohhh. Thanks!

.....Does this mean yaaa's banned and I can get my name back from him? :D

Kidding!

Alawen Everywhere
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
You can probably work something out, Magicflow's a pretty mellow guy in my opinion. Wish he'd come back to play with us!

Ramm
06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Who's Magicflow?

nicemace
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
im no even allowed to use the named i have used for years :\ stupid name changes QQ

Sinlea
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Part of me wishes he said that his name in WoW was Ramm... the h8 that would ensue would just be... :)

Ramm
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I did have a human paladin in WoW named Ramm. Then I realized that allies suck. Then I realized that WoW sucks.

But yes, I've had Ramm in about half a dozen different MMO's over the years. The EQ one was the only one who stuck (%

gnomishfirework
06-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Did you get your name? Or decide to go with something else?

Keep us updated!

eqdruid76
06-09-2010, 04:20 AM
1). Who the hell is Ramm? I've been active in EQ since beta, and I've never heard of him.

2). Ramm is a really stupid name.

3). Why do you feel like you deserve to take the name another player chose before you had even heard of the project? What kind of spoiled richboy entitlement does that entail?

4). Why would you think for a split second that threatening to leave would bother any one of us? Any person that's going to throw a QQ tantrum because the name you played on live has already been taken doesn't need to be here, anyway.

5). This isn't live. We don't care who you are, or who you played on live. At this point, even if you DID get your way, the name "Ramm" would be synonymous with "whiney little kid".

Taxi
06-09-2010, 07:40 AM
If you were Leeroy Jenkins, maybe. Just maybe.

Omnimorph
06-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Eqdruid, you are most certainly a jerk, but i agree with everything you said :D

Bruman
06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
1). Who the hell is Ramm? I've been active in EQ since beta, and I've never heard of him.

No idea.

2). Ramm is a really stupid name.

Don't disagree, but so is my name. And like at least 75% of everyone I meet on this server.

3). Why do you feel like you deserve to take the name another player chose before you had even heard of the project? What kind of spoiled richboy entitlement does that entail?

He came in, reminiscing about his time in EQ (and this whole server is nothing but a nostalgia-fest), and then politely asked if whoever had the name wasn't using it for anything if they'd mind giving it up. You're reacting like he demanded, when he didn't.

4). Why would you think for a split second that threatening to leave would bother any one of us? Any person that's going to throw a QQ tantrum because the name you played on live has already been taken doesn't need to be here, anyway.

He wasn't "threatening" to leave. He was just responding by saying that the game isn't that important to him, as some people were inferring. Ah, the lack of body language on the internet...

Not to mention, this server is full of nothing BUT temper-tantrum-throwing children. He'd fit right in if he was!

5). This isn't live. We don't care who you are, or who you played on live. At this point, even if you DID get your way, the name "Ramm" would be synonymous with "whiney little kid".

Eh, only by a few angry internet nerds.

Aadill
06-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Earn it.

Mady
06-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Saw a Rammx running around E. Common last night.

Aadill
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
May Rammx make his way into the history books of Project 1999!

He will be greatly remembered for years to come! His expert fighting skills, his courage, and his tales of conquest will be told by bards across the land!

I share this name with about 7 other Aadills from the other live servers. I get asked by everyone if I'm the Aadill from povar, from rathe, from wherever else. Here's a little piece of info: We all used the random name generator back in the day.

I think I was the only one *NOT* famous. I got the name, though. Suckers.

Zordana
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
for DEMANDING the name, i wouldnt give it to you, if you ask nice, sure why not ;)

Ramm
06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
#1 I don't think I ever demanded. Feel free to re-read my first post.

#2 I never said I was server-wide famous. I said I was well-known on Mithaniel Marr, specifically. I said I was "one of those people" you see around on the server.... I could name a couple dozen other people on Mithaniel Marr who were known like that, but were never server-wide famous. Unless you played on Mithaniel Marr, none of you has ever heard of Hyppon, or Calalene, or Acacious, or Wyndfoot, or Genka, or Dzaka, or Froggerx, or Corbin, or Lillywhite (ok, maybe people know Lillywhite...). On Mithaniel Marr, these people were all well-known. As was Ramm. That's all I'm saying.

I never claimed to have accomplished anything worthy of MMO immortality or whatever the heck you lunatics thought I was implying. I was well-known on my own server. I never heard of any Ramm who was well known on any other server. That's all.

Oh, and by the way... clearly there have been lots of people looking for Ramm since this thread started, yet no one has seen him online or ever heard of him playing on Project1999.

Perhaps he IS just an alt, like I've been thinking all along?

Learn to relax, kids. Life's not so bad. Who wants a massage?

Shannacore
06-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I could go for a massage

Aadill
06-09-2010, 12:34 PM
You're asking for four letters to be taken from someone else when they really have next to no value in your ability to play the game. Having the name for nostalgia's sake is great, sure, but you say in your posting that you aren't going to play if you can't have that particular collection of letters. You seem to care more about the memories instead of making new ones. P99 emulates 1999; it's not 1999 again.

You went so far as to list your old name and guild that's been dead for 5 years, in a game you don't even play anymore. You registered a forum name with a name you can't get in game. You call the current owner of Ramm on this server Ramm2, and claim yourself the rightful owner.

You picked the wrong words with the message you're trying to convey. That's the downfall of the internet, there, chief. You sound fairly shallow and it appears as though you are getting defensive about "what you really meant."

Basically: Use random name generator or make up a name, become a kickass dude on P99, and then have those memories as well as the memories of Ramm Knight. Living a legacy you can't achieve is a fairly trivial reason to not play a socially-dependent game.

Ramm
06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
You're asking for four letters to be taken from someone else when they really have next to no value in your ability to play the game. Having the name for nostalgia's sake is great, sure, but you say in your posting that you aren't going to play if you can't have that particular collection of letters. You seem to care more about the memories instead of making new ones. P99 emulates 1999; it's not 1999 again.

You went so far as to list your old name and guild that's been dead for 5 years, in a game you don't even play anymore. You registered a forum name with a name you can't get in game. You call the current owner of Ramm on this server Ramm2, and claim yourself the rightful owner.

You picked the wrong words with the message you're trying to convey. That's the downfall of the internet, there, chief. You sound fairly shallow and it appears as though you are getting defensive about "what you really meant."

Basically: Use random name generator or make up a name, become a kickass dude on P99, and then have those memories as well as the memories of Ramm Knight. Living a legacy you can't achieve is a fairly trivial reason to not play a socially-dependent game.

Learn to relax, kids.

Unless, of course, you'd like to continue bumping this thread, thereby gaining me the fame I'm apparently desperate for, and gaining me more opportunities to gain back the name I'm apparently a villain for wanting. In that case, Aadill, feel free to continue rehashing my forum sins. 10 more repetitions of the same flames and I think they officially become e-prayers!

...And Shanna, my dear, I would gladly massage any part of you any time you like :D

Reiker
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
...And Shanna, my dear, I would gladly massage any part of you any time you like :D

Oh shit, where's Rogean to give you the nerd beatdown?!

astarothel
06-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Unless, of course, you'd like to continue bumping this thread, thereby gaining me the fame I'm apparently desperate for, and gaining me more opportunities to gain back the name I'm apparently a villain for wanting.

Any publicity is good publicity amirite?

Reiker
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Btw googling for "Ramm Knight" only comes up with a character from Tibia, not 1 EQ reference.

Ramm
06-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Btw googling for "Ramm Knight" only comes up with a character from Tibia, not 1 EQ reference.

I never said I was server-wide famous. I said I was well-known on Mithaniel Marr, specifically. I said I was "one of those people" you see around on the server.... I could name a couple dozen other people on Mithaniel Marr who were known like that, but were never server-wide famous. Unless you played on Mithaniel Marr, none of you has ever heard of Hyppon, or Calalene, or Acacious, or Wyndfoot, or Genka, or Dzaka, or Froggerx, or Corbin, or Lillywhite (ok, maybe people know Lillywhite...). On Mithaniel Marr, these people were all well-known. As was Ramm. That's all I'm saying.

I'm pretty sure I can keep fielding these continued flames with nothing more than quotes from my previous posts. Thank you all for helping me find the current user of the Ramm name! :)

rockhopper
06-10-2010, 08:09 AM

He is listed on the eqplayer site. Level 70 pallie, but everything else has been hidden by the user.

Thoughtseize
06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Does "being well-known on Mith Marr" mean that you had like 36 or so people who knew you?

I played there and certainly don't remember you. I remember some of the Afterlife folks, a few of the folks that /movelog'd with CiH but Ramm doesn't ring a bell.

eqdruid76
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
#1 I don't think I ever demanded. Feel free to re-read my first post.

#2 I never said I was server-wide famous. I said I was well-known on Mithaniel Marr, specifically. I said I was "one of those people" you see around on the server.... I could name a couple dozen other people on Mithaniel Marr who were known like that, but were never server-wide famous. Unless you played on Mithaniel Marr, none of you has ever heard of Hyppon, or Calalene, or Acacious, or Wyndfoot, or Genka, or Dzaka, or Froggerx, or Corbin, or Lillywhite (ok, maybe people know Lillywhite...). On Mithaniel Marr, these people were all well-known. As was Ramm. That's all I'm saying.

I never claimed to have accomplished anything worthy of MMO immortality or whatever the heck you lunatics thought I was implying. I was well-known on my own server. I never heard of any Ramm who was well known on any other server. That's all.

Oh, and by the way... clearly there have been lots of people looking for Ramm since this thread started, yet no one has seen him online or ever heard of him playing on Project1999.

Perhaps he IS just an alt, like I've been thinking all along?

Learn to relax, kids. Life's not so bad. Who wants a massage?

Weird, I remember every single one of those players, but not a Ramm...

And you started the topic, sonny Jim. You wanted attention, and you got it. Probably not the kind of attention you hoped for, though...

mr.miketastic
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Weird, I remember every single one of those players, but not a Ramm...

And you started the topic, sonny Jim. You wanted attention, and you got it. Probably not the kind of attention you hoped for, though...

I played on Mith Marr as well for a while and do not remember Ramm, nor do any of the people I used to play with there... *weird*

Shannacore
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM

Lolz

YendorLootmonkey
06-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Lolz

There's nothing to lolz about... you'd be getting your parts massaged by a Mith Marr *CELEBRITY*!! You should be squealing in anticipation and excitement!!

pickled_heretic
06-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I thought this was another generic "oh hello i'm soandso and hello to the community" thread.

Lo and behold, I am pleasantly surprised to discover high drama and intrigue upon these pages.

Listen buddy, if you want to have a unique gamer handle that people can recognize you over several platforms without having your shit taken, you need to find a more unique name than "Ramm."

YendorLootmonkey
06-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Also, if you have the first name Ramm and do not use the surname "Steelrod", "Hardshaft", or "Manpole", you fail.

Excision Rottun
06-10-2010, 12:10 PM

That's not creepy at all.

Landis
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Also, if you have the first name Ramm and do not use the surname "Steelrod", "Hardshaft", or "Manpole", you fail.

what about Spiss

Omnimorph
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Listen buddy, if you want to have a unique gamer handle that people can recognize you over several platforms without having your shit taken, you need to find a more unique name than "Ramm."

^^ there is wisdom in his pickled words.

Alot of rammstein fans out there ya know :p

Tudana
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Rammpage ~ !

I seen many "Tudana"'s listed on eqplayers, spread out on all servers in EQ, but come here and its all mine :) Not that I'm using it, I just parked it on a warrior alt.
I am playing a Monk here named Sargon this go round.

I just didnt want to bring the warrior out of retirement.
like hanging up a sports jesey #.

Sorry about your name being taken, sucks.
good luck on getting it back...or good luck on trying something fresh and new.

Muergan
06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey guys give Ramm a break he really is a nice guy, and would help any of you out if you needed it. I've known him for quite some time, and can attest to his character in both game and life. Please don't let one or two emotional (and possibly drunk :) ) posts obscure the real man behind them. He might have come across wrong at first to some people, but he has been trying to make the best out of the situation. I really do believe his true meaning of the post was only to find the player who does hold the name, and have a talk with him to see if they could work something out.

As of now he is playing the game, and enjoying it waiting for the chance to speak with the player in question. I think he just had a bad forum post so please find it in your heart to forgive and forget. Also when you were playing live i'm sure you all thought you were pretty popular too. I mean everyone makes a ton of friends, and even more acquaintances over your tenure in EQ. Now in the grand scheme of things that actual number of people maybe be pretty small in respect to the number of people who actually play on a given server (especially with different time zones). I know when I was playing I thought I knew a lot of people, but I do realize that now I only knew a small faction (probably even less even remember me if any lol).

On a side note to all the people who played on Mith Marr... who were your characters I'm very curious to know if I played with any of you :)

rioisk
06-10-2010, 06:18 PM
haha who names themselves Ramm

vinx
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
1). I've been active in EQ since beta

5). This isn't live. We don't care who you are
LOL

Taxi
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
haha who names themselves Ramm

Theres a Korean porn guy named Ramm Yoo

Ramm
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Man I don't even have to post and you people just keep fueling my noble search. This is good stuff.

Somewhat depressing to think that this nonsense is what passes for drama on this server, though. Where are the evil campstealers? The cyberwhores? The Furor-envies-Thott conspiracy theories? The Page 8's????

Someone who posted in this thread said that the players in general are much nicer than the posters here. This is VERY true :) I've received zero harassing tells (although some dwarf KSe'd me once... enjoy your fire beetle loot). I've received many messages of good will, and 3 different complete strangers asked me if I was "the Ramm from the forums," and then handed me some gear out of the kindness of their hearts. Thanks again you guys, if you're reading this!

(Oh, and by the way.... By now I'm guessing that more than half of the server has seen or heard of this thread. Yet no one posting has EVER met the person on P1999 named Ramm. Just sayin.)

Reiker
06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
[4 Paladin] Rammx (Half Elf) ZONE: ecommons

Reiker
06-10-2010, 07:19 PM

Ramm Jamm

Shaun421
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I would pick "Allammadingdong" myself.

Weekapaug
06-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Ramm Jamm

I almost made a toon named Rammar Jammar, in honor of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhuPLjmhqfw

Was at that game, actually...I'm the drunk guy losing his shit on the upper deck. Being from Tennessee myself, there's just nothin' like a lil orange juice in Bryant-Denny on the third saturday in October. :)

Less than a 100 days till kickoff! ROLL TIDE!

Ramm
08-30-2010, 03:11 AM
haters gonna hate...

http://imgur.com/JxaNt.png

Now, here's the interesting question... How many individuals will actually be upset by this turn of events?

And an even more interesting question for those of you who are, whether you admit it aloud or not.... Why are you upset? What does it have to do with you? Relax.

Thank you, GM Rogean, for being the man :) At the expense of no one, you made one player truly happy tonight... which is, after all, what games are for............... no?

(%

Tseng
08-30-2010, 03:23 AM
It wasn't at all about you wanting your name back, by all means go ahead and /petition and let it be between you and the GMs. Most were put off by your decision to post this in Server Chat as if it should become a cause for the playerbase that some random guy gets the name "Ramm" that he cherishes so much.

Nocte
08-30-2010, 03:41 AM
meh

Humerox
08-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Grats on getting your name, and welcome to P99! :)

Alawen Everywhere
08-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Congrats on your name. Simple pleasures are often the best.

eqdruid76
08-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Yeah, the only reason anyone took exception was they way you douched it up and made your business EVERYONE'S business.

Eternal-Elf
08-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Ramm is totally an awesome name.
/petition " I want the name Ramm please delete this guys char"

Eternal-Elf
08-30-2010, 06:54 AM
It wasn't at all about you wanting your name back, by all means go ahead and /petition and let it be between you and the GMs. Most were put off by your decision to post this in Server Chat as if it should become a cause for the playerbase that some random guy gets the name "Ramm" that he cherishes so much.

I was just put off by his stuck up "im the best thing since sliced bread, and cubed cheese" attitude.
CUZ I'M AWESOME.....No you're not dude don't lie.

Grats on getting the name.....Ramm.......try not to petition when you don't spell the surname right, and stay off the forums "Super Pally"

Trimm
08-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I said I was "one of those people" you see around on the server....

Black people? /ducks

(Kidding!)

Trimm
08-30-2010, 10:22 AM
I vote we give Ramen, G13 and Tralina a pass, and declare open season on this guy.

Straif
08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I cant think of a more worthy "victim". Seriously you make this too easy.

Are you for real?

I agree.

If you ever read the EULA for EQ... they own everything. You rented space in a virtual world, that's it. Whatever creative prowess you think you possessed when you made up your super unique name, SoE has rights to it.

At the expense of no one, you made one player truly happy tonight... which is, after all, what games are for............... no?

So the game is for making everyone happy? or just you happy.

This didn't need a thread, you should I went the GM / petition route.