PDA

View Full Version : Vendors with limited supply items

nilbog
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
We now have the ability to add limited supply items to vendors.

For example, Crow's Special Brew

He asks you for some Crow's Special Brew. Now there are two kinds of Crow's Special Brew in the game. One is purchased from Crow himself, it comes in a red flask with black lines on it, and is drinkable via clicking like other booze. This is the only kind of Crow's Special brew that works. Also, the Crow's Special Brew you purchase from crow is in VERY limited supply. Once he sells out, its all gone until the next time the server is downed and brought back up.What vendors should have limited supply items?
What items should be in limited supply?
How many of the items should they start with before selling out?

Any research or information about this would help.

Thanks.

Nirgon
12-27-2012, 03:16 PM
The staff of the wheel rods didn't repop until the server reset for the longest time. You're past that point in the time line on both servers though.

Vendors with limited supply? Can't think of anything.

Itap
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
More important question, if these so-called vendors run out of these supplies, will there be a server reset scheduled weekly in order to imitate live?

nilbog
12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
More important question, if these so-called vendors run out of these supplies, will there be a server reset scheduled weekly in order to imitate live?

For vendors? No?

However, I still would like to see a simulated patch day as discussed in the 'raid changes' thread. Ideally, this would encompass all npcs and take care of this as well.

Not the thread to discuss it though :P

Back on topic... Only Crow, really?

I know in 2002 they added the limited supply 'Ore' vendors, and quests to restock their wares.

i.e. http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q17&menustr=120010000000

Itap
12-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Not the thread to discuss it though :P

Fair enough. I'll do some digging tonight to see if I can find any of these vendors that carried limited supply items