PDA

View Full Version : Unite against pawn shops?

tenkakahn
12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
If people are interested its very sad to see someone give a good price to someone when two people want the item one would use the other re sells for a higher price 1 minute later. We should make a list of all know pawn shops to try to get them out of EC!

Tarathiel
12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
or if you dont like the way a person sells in EC you can just not buy from that person and just understand that some people derive their fun in this game in other ways than you

Nips
12-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Pawnshops aren't all bad, they save you time when you want to sell something and GTFO of EC and they save you time when you want to buy something and GTFO. Most ppl just want to GTFO of EC, so they are useful.

pinguino
12-29-2012, 04:23 PM
For sure, price gouging items is so much fun, for real.

tenkakahn
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Well it was to my understanding as time goes on items should become cheaper not more expensive however with pawn shops prices will generally keep the same prices even in some cases with them hoarding increase in price. It makes no sense why an item would ever go up in time due to the fact that over time more and more will have dropped.

Tarathiel
12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Pawnshops aren't all bad, they save you time when you want to sell something and GTFO of EC and they save you time when you want to buy something and GTFO. Most ppl just want to GTFO of EC, so they are useful.

this

Kylenorr
12-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I have an idea. Instead of selling your old gear.... give it all to me. Thanks and good day.

happy killing,
Kylenorr

Cippofra
12-29-2012, 05:04 PM
or if you dont like the way a person sells in EC you can just not buy from that person and just understand that some people derive their fun in this game in other ways than you

Wrong. Anything that benefits someone else and not me shouldn't be allowed. If you make money or get good loot you're a hacker and should be banned. Oh yeah ban soloing too. Actually, lets just ban enjoying the game altogether.

zanderklocke
12-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Honestly, I think the increase of prices on everything is just a holidays type thing. Give it a month, and I bet prices will shift back down. People are back from college or on vacation, so there is a greater demand on everything. Saw multiple cloak of flames selling for 110k+ today. It's certainly a seller's market right now, but it won't be forever.

Slave
12-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Well it was to my understanding as time goes on items should become cheaper not more expensive however with pawn shops prices will generally keep the same prices even in some cases with them hoarding increase in price. It makes no sense why an item would ever go up in time due to the fact that over time more and more will have dropped.

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we've been in Kunark much too long, everyone knows how and where to grind the maximum amount of platinum in any given time, and there are nowhere near sufficient money sinks in the game.

That might just be downright logical, and who has time for that shit?

Swish
12-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Got to watch out for those sly "anon" level 1 characters with the sob stories - "can I please have that for 4pp? I'm new".

They're out there...waiting to resell ;)

Swish
12-30-2012, 07:47 AM
I have an idea. Instead of selling your old gear.... give it all to me. Thanks and good day.

happy killing,
Kylenorr

confirmed pawn shop dude.

Knuckle
12-30-2012, 02:41 PM
If people are interested its very sad to see someone give a good price to someone when two people want the item one would use the other re sells for a higher price 1 minute later. We should make a list of all know pawn shops to try to get them out of EC!

This just in, someone mad at one of the first in game marketplaces to thrive online, still mad 14 years later

Kylenorr
12-30-2012, 03:05 PM
confirmed pawn shop dude.

:-D shhhhh swish... I don't want anyone to know!

happy killing,
Kylenorr

senna
12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
IMO one of the best feelings in the game is when you finally become rich and get to sit back and not care about anything that happens with the market in EC

Snagglepuss
12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
IMO one of the best feelings in the game is when you finally become rich and get to sit back and not care about anything that happens with the market in EC

I'm a young raid rule lawyer.

Hollywood
12-30-2012, 04:24 PM

Obviously nothing official can be done about these - though I do not see them reaching a level of Final Fantasy 'bazaar' or AFK shops that take over the market.
We could even argue that the Commonlands sub forum is also detrimental and not very classic.

What you're talking about is an ethical decision that people need to make as individuals. In most cases I suspect players will avoid using these services and only make a consideration when time is of the essence.

I do agree though - what we would prefer is that these 'pawn shops' make a worthwhile offer to the community as to justify their growing in numbers - e.g. if they're not offering good discounts to you up front, then why bother supplying them goods only so they can turn around and jack up the price?

godlovesninjas
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
or if you dont like the way a person sells in EC you can just not buy from that person

Just a reminder for page 2 on how to fix this.

whippetofspades
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Thing about this is that the people who rave about how fair and nice this is are people who have loads of money anyway and can afford to pay an extra few k per twink item. This kind of selling really hurts first-run toons and people without the means to sit in Seb or HS and get the drops that translate to cash, ie. people under level 50 or so.

So while this kind of thing is indicative of a shitty, selfish spirit, it doesn't really affect the majority of the population so nobody here cares. Not to mention there's nothing you can do about it.

Cippofra
12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Thing about this is that the people who rave about how fair and nice this is are people who have loads of money anyway and can afford to pay an extra few k per twink item. This kind of selling really hurts first-run toons and people without the means to sit in Seb or HS and get the drops that translate to cash, ie. people under level 50 or so.

So while this kind of thing is indicative of a shitty, selfish spirit, it doesn't really affect the majority of the population so nobody here cares. Not to mention there's nothing you can do about it.

Not sure what server you're playing on, but the low prices, and high volume of mid end twink gear have immensely added to my enjoyment here. I'm getting items at level 30 I couldnt get on live until 50+ when I farmed them myself wearing half a suit of mithril. Hell people give away gear that you cant get until KC levels.

Hetjan
12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/or78hjynh/Taco_Aliens.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/or78hjynh/)

I bet anything if you give this guy any item he sells it for booze. Well .. except for a taco.

As far as the thread, people who buy and sell do so by choice if you sell something for 80pp and the buyer sells it for 100pp why do you care? Don't really get why this is perceived to be an issue.

whippetofspades
01-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Not sure what server you're playing on, but the low prices, and high volume of mid end twink gear have immensely added to my enjoyment here. I'm getting items at level 30 I couldnt get on live until 50+ when I farmed them myself wearing half a suit of mithril. Hell people give away gear that you cant get until KC levels.

OP is talking about people jacking prices up. Regardless of whether they're cheap compared to live they are still more expensive because of this and thus harder to obtain for people without much plat. That's it. Learn some fucking reading comprehension before you try to pull me up on something because of your interpretative failure.