PDA

View Full Version : So just started up...

Benedict
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself as I think I will be dropping by and playing the game quite often. Just thought I would share my first impressions.

I logged into the city and got lost for about an hour. I attacked a guard on accident and died instantly and spent an hour finding my corpse in a city I didn't know. I finally decided to look up a map and found my trainer... and attacked him on accident. I spent some time trying to level up my swimming.... until i realized i was stuck at 10 swimming after a long time of swimming around for no reason apparently.

Finally deciding to venture out into the world as a young necro, I left the gnome city and turned to the left... into a person who hates necros and was killed. I can back to get my corpse... and was killed again. Some time later i was able to recover my corpse and tried to kill me a little coyote without conning it.... and well you know the rest. I decided to type in OOC if anyone knew a trick to leveling a caster. They said that i had at pet at level 1.....

To conclude, I think EQ is a cruel, unforgiving, and harsh mistress. I find it confusing, irritating most of the time, with a hard to use interface and clunky mechanics.

I haven't had this much fun in years :)

goshozal
12-31-2012, 04:26 AM
It gets better.

That's a lie.

It gets worse. You'll love it.

edit: Also, never turn left.

-Maksim Makiavelli

Tracker
12-31-2012, 04:37 AM
Reminds me of my first dwarf Pally. Managed to get to level 4 and thought this is great, I'm going to Kunark. Died within minutes and so far from home.

Did a little reading and started another Paladin :)

gotrocks
12-31-2012, 05:55 AM
i cant turn left :(

also, i would unbind your auto-attack key in the options menu, or at the very least bind it to something you arent going to push (i think default is "q".... way to close to movement keys imo)

jojober
12-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Welcome to the game!! Where did you start? I'm a level 8 mage new to the server too and always looking for new friends. I'm over in Faydark as Smiglywit the gnome mage. Hope to see you around!

Benedict
12-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Hey Smiglywit, well I'm a big bad 3 now... probably just drag you down, but I started at Akanon and tried leveling outside, which was a big mistake haha. Steamfront is a dang hard zone. I'm following your lead and heading to Gfay. It is a little more forgiving haha

Snagglepuss
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have any Vengeful Musicians or Griffons pathing through your newb area!