PDA

View Full Version : Equipment/economy

cassaruby
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
drop rate and availability are easy, due to population, and this affects the economy.

stormlord
11-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Ofcourse. The more peope you have on a server, the more availability you're going to have.

Many of hte tradeskills depend on a diverse, strong economy for the components.

Goobles
11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Not touching this with a 10 foot pole..

WTB Economics: 101

...aw shit

karsten
11-17-2009, 01:44 AM
WTB Economics: 101

...aw shit

this^^

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Less people = more rare spawns = more availability of items.

At the same time, lots of people seem to have a lot of cash and are reluctant to sell their items for more cash, instead opting to keep it for trades.

I don't think it's that big of a problem.

Bubbles
11-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Less people = more rare spawns = more availability of items.

At the same time, lots of people seem to have a lot of cash and are reluctant to sell their items for more cash, instead opting to keep it for trades.

I don't think it's that big of a problem.

^^

this.

Plus with people now branching out more into Lower Guk Live/Deadside and Sol B / Mistmoore you'll see a bit more variety in the /auctions as well, which tends to lower the average price a bit.

Reiker
11-17-2009, 06:28 AM
drop rate and availability are easy, due to population, and this affects the economy.

OK.. and? Are you trying to suggest something or just making a totally random and obvious observation?

Pyrocat
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
^^

this.

Plus with people now branching out more into Lower Guk Live/Deadside and Sol B / Mistmoore you'll see a bit more variety in the /auctions as well, which tends to lower the average price a bit.

I saw Serrated Bone Dirks going for 50pp in auction yesterday =0

Bubbles
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I saw Serrated Bone Dirks going for 50pp in auction yesterday =0

Hehe sorry about that :).

Not my fault the mask isn't the common like it was on live!

Danth
11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Least Bubbles sells them. I've given away a fair number of those daggers.

Danth

Harazzer
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
The economy sucks for one simple reason. 96% of people leveled in sola (low if any money zone) the other 4% of the people leveled elsewhere. However since the 96-percenters set the pricing on everything and the 4-percenters do the farming on everything there is little incentive to farm an item to sell since we tend to have money in excess and there is basically no chance any of you poor sol-a trash can afford to make us richer.

Edit: Oh and before SOLA most people do crocs in oasis that drop nothing. Thats why when someone asks for 3k for an item OOC goes insane. "NO ONE COULD HAVE 3k WTF" yea its called leveling outside the box. Try it.

Vonyor
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I love the way things are right now, on live I never camped anything because with 2k people per server, everything was always camped and you always had KSing.

On this server I have had the opportunity to camp everything I own and it is very fulfilling. I didn't even know where most of this stuff came from before.

someguy
11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I think Harazzer's arguement about the economy is false, proof being imp skin glove's very expensive price tag compared to dusty bloodstained gloves very cheap price tag.

Harazzer
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Imp skins and Molten cloak are extremely rare items, even though they are always camped, 99% of the time there is a group need. They have high pricetags because they are actually marketable to mages, necros, and enchanters that solo'd outside of plactic bubble world.

Goobles
11-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I think this thread is shit!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/troll.jpg

Pyrocat
11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
The economy sucks for one simple reason. 96% of people leveled in sola (low if any money zone) the other 4% of the people leveled elsewhere. However since the 96-percenters set the pricing on everything and the 4-percenters do the farming on everything there is little incentive to farm an item to sell since we tend to have money in excess and there is basically no chance any of you poor sol-a trash can afford to make us richer.

Edit: Oh and before SOLA most people do crocs in oasis that drop nothing. Thats why when someone asks for 3k for an item OOC goes insane. "NO ONE COULD HAVE 3k WTF" yea its called leveling outside the box. Try it.

Not really, almost everything in sola drops fine steel. I made about 150pp per group in sola, even more if we banked at least once during the group.

Harazzer
11-18-2009, 09:26 PM
150pp is 3 hill giants.

Bubbles
11-18-2009, 09:36 PM

100% truth. And furthermore, not only was it levelling in solA, it was done in groups of 6. I think the whole 6man safety-team thing hurt people's pocketbooks a lot more than people realize. Splitting bad loot 6 ways isn't a ticket to the pent house. I know I've never had to roll on bronze/fine steel.

I love the way things are right now, on live I never camped anything because with 2k people per server, everything was always camped and you always had KSing.

On this server I have had the opportunity to camp everything I own and it is very fulfilling. I didn't even know where most of this stuff came from before.

So very true. Especially if you play a caster or priest, there's such a high demand for +int/+wis type items that you almost *have* to go get them yourself. Which is quite fun. And reason #1241586 why playing a caster/priest was a solid choice on day one.

As for the impskin gloves/molten cloak argument, that's just way off-base. If 2 out of every 3 players on the server is a WIS or INT caster, 4 out of the 6 people in your solA group (and likely more) are going to be needing the molten cloak. Likely 2-3+ of those will need those impskin gloves. And if you /roll on them as a melee they'll boot your a$$ out of the group because they don't NEED you. The only real counter-argument is the melee only gets a whiff of an item like that if he's surrounded by a flank of int/wis casters in a full group so it's his only shot at trade-bait. Yet if he /rolls, it likely will be his *very* last shot.

Despite the tangent, point is clear: The reason Cloaks/Imp gloves aren't /AUC'd is the same reason Yaks and FBSSes aren't AUC'd: the very few that have dropped on the server have dropped in the presence of need-before-greed groups, and in such absurdly limited supply that there is no "surplus" to speak of. Another example is the Mammoth Cloak (+4wis) that drops in permafrost. Anyone who's ever done that silly camp knows 100% that they are bailing the second that effing thing finally drops. They aren't hanging around another 4-12 hours to "farm" a second to trade for your $#!++y SolA lewtz.

Pyrocat
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM
HGs drop between like 10 and 40p + FS, so more like 14 to 4 HGs. And they don't drop CGS, CGBP, Molten Cloak, Impskin Gloves, Drakescale .etc

Harazzer
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh well obviously hill giants are way less money than Sola, using your rock solid logic and mathematical proof.

cassaruby
11-19-2009, 04:34 PM
why some of you guys gotta be jerks, *passes out chill pills*

it was a random comment and a discussion, don't care where it goes, we love everquest and we talk about interesting everquest stuff.

when are we gonna turn off global /ooc and /auction?

stormlord
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I shut off /ooc.

I think hte reason they have global /ooc and /auction is because classic EQ had chat channels.

/leave ooc or something.